ADVERTISEMENT

Akok Akok

Bingo. Neither can coach but credit to Ewing for at least making changes to his staff. He got rid of 2 assistants and a 3rd got demoted to an administrative role. So far his new staff additions have brought him some nice transfers. Maybe one of his new staff members can help him with X’s and O’s as well. At least he is trying.

Unlike JC who didn’t make a change to his horrible staff and is just riding it out for one more year so his brother and friends can collect more $. God forbid a program as bad as ours actually make staff changes and attempt to turn it around.
My dislike for him has approached Stallings level.

Everything you say is true , but unless you know what the deals are no one knows what really went into his decision.

Even if Ewing is a bad HC he’s still was one of the best big men ever , learning from a guy like that does have some sway.

Does anyone even know what kind of NIL money has Pitt bb lined up from boosters ?
Obviously Dicks Sporting Goods didn't contribute to this recruitment, how about some Alien Tape money?

My dislike for him has approached Stallings level.
JC is a rich man. Ewing made over 124 Million in the NBA, millions more in endorsements and millions in coaching. Neither has to coach or work another day in their lives. BUT GTown is important to Ewing, although not a good coach at least he cares and is trying his azz off knowing this may be his last shot. JC is arrogant with the media and flat out has mailed it in. He’s making it easy for Pitt fans to dislike him.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Everything you say is true , but unless you know what the deals are no one knows what really went into his decision.

Even if Ewing is a bad HC he’s still was one of the best big men ever , learning from a guy like that does have some sway.

Does anyone even know what kind of NIL money has Pitt bb lined up from boosters ?

The guys were after aren’t the top of the food chain types who are looking for a big NIL deal. For the most part we’re in play for guys bumping up a level or stepping down in search of more opportunity. NIL is a way of life now, but I strongly doubt that it’s a deciding factor for the players we’re involved with.

The guys were after aren’t the top of the food chain types who are looking for a big NIL deal. For the most part we’re in play for guys bumping up a level or stepping down in search of more opportunity. NIL is a way of life now, but I strongly doubt that it’s a deciding factor for the players we’re involved with.
They’re not six figure guys , but what if Pitts offer is a scholarship and someone else’s is a car and 50k or 20k , where ya going ?

Maybe the boosters were willing to make the decision Heather was not about spending good money after bad?

Lmao... Ewing is 60. Akok couldn’t have picked him out of a Lineup with 4 white dudes standing next to him. Ewing’s name means little to nothing in today’s game.

Capel is a Freaking Bum and needs to go today.
You think these guys don’t know who anyone over 25 is ? He’s a frickin HOF er !

It doesn’t matter who the coach is unless Pitt starts playing the game to acquire players they’ll never have the talent to compete.

Lmao... Ewing is 60. Akok couldn’t have picked him out of a Lineup with 4 white dudes standing next to him. Ewing’s name means little to nothing in today’s game.

Capel is a Freaking Bum and needs to go today.
I would assume that 45 seconds into Georgetown’s recruiting presentation anyone watching would have a pretty good idea how legendarily great Ewing was in college basketball and the NBA.

Reactions: Fsgolfdr
I didn't realize Gtown got an LSU transfer rated as the 8th best on 1 site. That kid + a new staff. Ewing has 23-24 so easy to see why Akok went therr

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT