ADVERTISEMENT

All-Time Narduzzi vs All-Time Wannstedt: Who wins?

Who would win?

• Total voters
Team narduzzi destroys that wanny lineup..
Who is playing LB for team Narduzzi? We have 2 DE's lined up at OLB who never played a down of LB at PITT. Juan had a cup of coffee and was terrible.

Wanny's group is light years ahead of Duzz's..

AD and Mick inside matched with Sheard and Romeus on the outside is going to the biggest difference in this hypothetical matchup. Now you put Revis on Addison? Kenny will wear his cleats out because his feet will be so happy. They can literally double Boyd all game long if they want have no matchup deficits anywhere else.

Duzz probably has more defensive depth then Wanny. He's got way more DB's at his disposal that DW doesn't really have. He's also got more high end rushers on the bench compared to DW's bench. But, the 1st group - DW takes the cake - easily.

Who is playing LB for team Narduzzi? We have 2 DE's lined up at OLB who never played a down of LB at PITT. Juan had a cup of coffee and was terrible.

AD and Mick inside matched with Sheard and Romeus on the outside is going to the biggest difference in this hypothetical matchup. Now you put Revis on Addison? Kenny will wear his cleats out because his feet will be so happy. They can literally double Boyd all game long if they want have no matchup deficits anywhere else.
You are right. I was thinking along the same lines in that Wanny's defense would pretty much shut down Narduzzi's offense.

Only way Hendrix is participating in this is if he buys a ticket. I think he's more in the 12-15 range of best DEs in the Narduzzi era.
I’m open to suggestions on who the fourth DL would be. He’s gone onto to have a respectable career in the CFL, so I thought he could at least make a case.

Similar to the 3-4 critique for Wanny’s defense, my goal was to get the four best edge rushers from the Narduzzi into the lineup. In the end, I opted to play some DEs out of position versus leaving them off altogether.

Similar to the 3-4 critique for Wanny’s defense, my goal was to get the four best edge rushers from the Narduzzi into the lineup. In the end, I opted to play some DEs out of position versus leaving them off altogether.
You can't rush 6 all day long. Asking Juan or Jones to cover is a recipe for disaster against that personnel.

Those 6 rushers - Weaver, Price, Jones, Hendrix, Clancey, and Tywman - Hendrix has to sit. The next to sit is probably Price. Price would be nice in subpackages as a rusher but he's too small to be an every down 5 tech.

I’m open to suggestions on who the fourth DL would be. He’s gone onto to have a respectable career in the CFL, so I thought he could at least make a case.

Disregarding how they complement each other and whatnot, I think the Narduzzi DL would be:

Weaver-Kancey-Twyman-Jones

Linebackers are tough - mostly because so many are interchangeable (which isn't necessarily a good thing, ha; few have stuck out much). Dennis for sure. Maybe Cam Bright after that. There are probably 8-10 guys you could argue for or against after Dennis.

I was actually a big Wirginis fan, but I guess I'm on an island with that one.

All-Time Narduzzi Offense
QB Kenny Pickett - 2017
RB James Conner - Inheriited
RB Israel Ibanikanda - 2020
WR Jordan Addison - 2020
WR Tyler Boyd - Inherited
TE Gavin Bartholomew - 2021
OL Carter Warren - 2017
OL Matt Goncalves - 2019
OL Jimmy Morrissey - 2016
OL Dorian Johnson - Inherited
OL Brian O'Neill - Inherited

Maybe the most concerning part about all of this is how damning it is for our recent offensive recruiting. Only three guys on that list are 2020 or later, with no one after 2021 (and I would put Holtz above him, I think, which would make 2020 the latest).

Reactions: HailToPitt725
offense and points wins football games. Just not slowing down Kenny throwing to Addison and Boyd. Add in Izzy and Conner and that's a disgusting offensive power, under Whipple's system..

Maybe the most concerning part about all of this is how damning it is for our recent offensive recruiting. Only three guys on that list are 2020 or later, with no one after 2021 (and I would put Holtz above him, I think, which would make 2020 the latest).
Good observation. I considered Holtz (along with Krull, who I originally had in the lineup). The scary thing is, I’m not sure there’s anyone who I’d predict would make this list in 2-3 years. I like our WRs, but not sure any of them would eclipse Boyd, let alone Addison… maybe Ryan Baer on the line?

Good observation. I considered Holtz (along with Krull, who I originally had in the lineup). The scary thing is, I’m not sure there’s anyone who I’d predict would make this list in 2-3 years. I like our WRs, but not sure any of them would eclipse Boyd, let alone Addison… maybe Ryan Baer on the line?

I'm with you; I don't see it happening any time soon. And yeah - it would almost have to be a lineman if we're talking about the guys we have now.

Duzz probably has more defensive depth than Wanny. He's got way more DB's at his disposal that DW doesn't really have. He's also got more high end rushers on the bench compared to DW's bench. But, the 1st group - DW takes the cake - easily.
Wannys team is missing three starters. Jason Hedricks,Jarred Holly and Kwan Williams.I think that would help with the defensive depth.

Sounds like some of you never saw Shady or Lewis run the ball…

Yeah, lots of recency bias on this board.

Frankly, I'm not sure that the difference between Palko and Pickett - at the college level, obviously - is as drastic as some people think, either. I think the "best of" teams would be evenly matched.

Reactions: 303vND
Wannys team is missing three starters. Jason Hedricks,Jarred Holly and Kwan Williams.I think that would help with the defensive depth.
They would be great for depth. As would Gus Mustakis, Adam Gunn, Chas Alexcih, Josh Lay, Joe Clermond, Tommie Campbell, Todd Thomas, Brandon Lindsey, and Greg Williams. He's got some excellent depth in his cumulative roster.

Yeah, lots of recency bias on this board.

Frankly, I'm not sure that the difference between Palko and Pickett - at the college level, obviously - is as drastic as some people think, either. I think the "best of" teams would be evenly matched.
I love palko. Absolutely love him. But pickett of 2021 was the absolute best. Dominant season.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
offense and points wins football games. Just not slowing down Kenny throwing to Addison and Boyd. Add in Izzy and Conner and that's a disgusting offensive power, under Whipple's system..
Where was Whipple's system his 1st 2 years and the last 2 at Nebraska?

The speed in Wanny's front 7 is better then Duzz's and to be honest it's not close.

Sheard and Donald are faster then 90% of Duzz's LB's, not DL - LB's. Romeus was a 4.7 guy. Mick was probably a 4.7 guy too..

Session ran 4.5 at the combine.

HB ran well.

The flexibility DW's defense has vs that offense is tremendous because of 2 main factors. Revis can eliminate the best receiver Duzz has with ease. Someone has to double AD all day. Duzz doesn't have a lot of OL who are single blocking Mick, Sheard, or Romeus.

In terms of offense - DW has NFL runners on the bench like Ray Graham, LSH, Rashad Jennings, Hynoski, etc..

Over the course of a season give me the Narduzzi team because the depth will be better. But for one game at full strength? Wannys team will win with comfort. Donald and Mick Williams with Blades and McKillop at LB will shut down Conner. Put Revis on Addison and shade coverage toward Boyd. Pickett will be under immense pressure by his 3rd step back every pass attempt. Hand it off to McCoy all day and let the defense cook. 24-10 Wanny.

Reactions: MajorMajors
Where was Whipple's system his 1st 2 years and the last 2 at Nebraska?

The speed in Wanny's front 7 is better then Duzz's and to be honest it's not close.

Sheard and Donald are faster then 90% of Duzz's LB's, not DL - LB's. Romeus was a 4.7 guy. Mick was probably a 4.7 guy too..

Session ran 4.5 at the combine.

HB ran well.

The flexibility DW's defense has vs that offense is tremendous because of 2 main factors. Revis can eliminate the best receiver Duzz has with ease. Someone has to double AD all day. Duzz doesn't have a lot of OL who are single blocking Mick, Sheard, or Romeus.

In terms of offense - DW has NFL runners on the bench like Ray Graham, LSH, Rashad Jennings, Hynoski, etc..
There isn't a clear path for team Narduzzi to score points. If you run Whipples offense with that O line vs that defense team Pickett is in the medical tent by 3rd Q. But that O line isn't getting any running game going vs that front 7.

Don't know, but I bet both coaches would find a way to lose to Toledo or Western Michigan with those teams.

Sounds like some of you never saw Shady or Lewis run the ball…
Not to mention that Lewis saw an arguably better defensive line in the 2009 UNC team and still ran for 159 yards (and a touchback, but we will ignore that). That line rotated out 2x 1st round picks, 1x 2nd round picks, and a 4th round pick (also a 2nd round pick LB).

Reactions: USN_Panther
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT