ADVERTISEMENT

Alliance 412 vs Country Roads Trust

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Why isnt Pitt "trying" with NIL? The Alliance 412 website looks elementary and contains almost no information. Pitt doesn't publicize it at all other than that video and email they did that one day in January.

Compare this to WVU's well-organized Country Roads Trust. It has giving levels and benefits you can earn. And I would bet that they advertise it during WVU games.

Alliance 412 didnt even have anywhere on the site to contribute online until a few weeks ago when I posted on here that it lacked that feature. To me, this is Pitt's way of saying they arent doing NIL.

Why isnt Pitt "trying" with NIL? The Alliance 412 website looks elementary and contains almost no information. Pitt doesn't publicize it at all other than that video and email they did that one day in January.

Compare this to WVU's well-organized Country Roads Trust. It has giving levels and benefits you can earn. And I would bet that they advertise it during WVU games.

Alliance 412 didnt even have anywhere on the site to contribute online until a few weeks ago when I posted on here that it lacked that feature. To me, this is Pitt's way of saying they arent doing NIL.
Wait boheim told the world, we bought our team. Lol

Yeah, you can really see the absolute powerhouse WVU has built with their superior effort.

Yeah, you can really see the absolute powerhouse WVU has built with their superior effort.

They have a lame duck coach but still managed to raise $200K to get Rodney Gallagher. Say what you want about him as a player but the fact they were able to pay him goes to show you they are in a better place NIL-wise. Their recruiting class this year was also slightly better than Pitt's despite the lame duck coach and terrible past few seasons while Pitt was winning the ACC. Why? NIL I would assume. Pitt isn’t in that game. WVU is but at this point, they probably cannot offer more than any random P5 team out there. At least they're trying though. Pitt has decided they dont want to be a part of it.

• Haha
Reactions: pittmaninwv
They have a lame duck coach but still managed to raise $200K to get Rodney Gallagher. Say what you want about him as a player but the fact they were able to pay him goes to show you they are in a better place NIL-wise. Their recruiting class this year was also slightly better than Pitt's despite the lame duck coach and terrible past few seasons while Pitt was winning the ACC. Why? NIL I would assume. Pitt isn’t in that game. WVU is but at this point, they probably cannot offer more than any random P5 team out there. At least they're trying though. Pitt has decided they dont want to be a part of it.
Shows ya desperation.
If he chose wvu for $200k they way overpaid

Reactions: Celtsfan

Well instead of complaining why not contact them? They are all available and listen. I talked to Jeff last year for about an hour when it was first forming. He actually contacted me after I emailed the general info email. Here is your opportunity.

Great. You know what? I don't want "signed stuff". I am not an autograph collector. I don't particularly want to hear videos from players or coaches that is exclusive. I am not 12 years old.

This is what is scary. How grown men act like prepubescent teens with college athletes.

Because a lot of this stuff wasn’t in legal in PA right away as it was in other states.

Because Pitt (and every other school) are not associated with this directly as it is run by third parties. So we should contact those 3rd parties to have a better site.

I think it is more a reflection on how much the fans are engaged in this. Pitt fans are pretty cheap overall, so it's not surprising.

@Sean Miller Fan

How much have you contributed to Alliance 412?

Me? Around $200. But I also donate to the school about $2K on top of my season tickets I purchase for football (4 tix in the club) and the single game tickets I purchase for me and my family to go to for mens/womens/ soccer, volleyball, wrestling, and softball/baseball. (Never been to swim/dive event).

Edit: nvm, saw you @SMF. My bad!

So you're saying that WVU raised all of this money, went out and spent it on recruiting, and still had a pretty average recruiting class, but Pitt is really behind the 8-ball even though they did "just as well" according to guys that run recruiting services?

You seem to like to beat the "NIL should be illegal," drum a lot but then you want to criticize Pitt for not being good at doing something you think is, at the very least, immoral. You should probably pick a lane here and stick with it. I mean, you could have at least picked a school that is outperforming the curve if you want to keep running with this nonsense.

He was probably going to WVU without the $200k, that was just a bonus for going there.

Well instead of complaining why not contact them? They are all available and listen. I talked to Jeff last year for about an hour when it was first forming. He actually contacted me after I emailed the general info email. Here is your opportunity.

Because he finds complaining a lot more fun.

He knows how to donate money to them. He chooses not to. And complains that others don't, just like he doesn't.

Been saying that they need to do more to get the average fan engaged.

30K season ticket holders giving $100/year =$3M

the whole thing is screwed up. The SEC is about to pay each school close to $50 million for the season, yet we as fans are supposed to support the players financially, while this 50 million does not go to any players? In addition to being asked to give to the athletics program in general?

This is a model that isn't sustainable.

Because he finds complaining a lot more fun.

He knows how to donate money to them. He chooses not to. And complains that others don't, just like he doesn't.

I am not donating to anything until I know Pitt is making an effort to do this. Right now, it seems very half-assed. I admit this unlike all of you who also dont donate. When they start advertising this and providing benefits, not that I need benefits but it shows me they are trying, I will donate.

I am not donating to anything until I know Pitt is making an effort to do this. Right now, it seems very half-assed. I admit this unlike all of you who also dont donate. When they start advertising this and providing benefits, not that I need benefits but it shows me they are trying, I will donate.

We know what you are doing.

Nothing.

We are not surprised.

Reactions: Ski11585
And neither are you. Have you donated?

If I thought it was even close to as important as you do, and if I'd have been telling everyone all along that it's what we need to do, then I would have done so.

Look, I don't think anyone here has a problem with you doing you. The problem is that you tell everyone else what they should be doing, while you keep doing you. But hey, like I said, no one here is surprised.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT