ADVERTISEMENT

Almost forgot - - UGA-TCU is tonight

NCanton Panther

All American
Sep 22, 2001
Wow, just realized UGA-TCU is coming up tonight. Was too wrapped up in Pitt MBB vs Clemson, Steelers and other NFL end of regular season activities this past weekend.

Here’s hoping TCU can hang with UGA and make it an interesting game tonight.

I'll be rooting for TCU, but yeah, I totally forgot about this game. I haven't really watched any playoff or championship games if there isn't an ACC team in it.

Wow, just realized UGA-TCU is coming up tonight. Was too wrapped up in Pitt MBB vs Clemson, Steelers and other NFL end of regular season activities this past weekend.

Such an anti-climactic way to end the season, with such little anticipation and build-up. People watch it though. I would guess this one will be one of the more highly rated ones since it involves 2 teams from different regions.

Reactions: rockypanther

No kidding. It seems like an afterthought this year.

Reactions: HailToPitt725

The college football season really needs to wrap up the weekend around January 1st. It ends with a whimper every year, imo. It just can't compete with the NFL. And week 18 is essentially an extension of the playoffs, with so many teams jockeying for position or trying to win their way in.

And I love college football. In fact, if I HAD to choose, I'd probably choose a regular season college Saturday over NFL Sunday most weeks during the season. But once it starts treading into NFL playoff space, the focus and attention just isn't there & I think it makes the game sport look so inferior.

Speaking of competing with the NFL, who decided it was a good idea to put the FCS Championship game on a NFL Sunday? That was just bonkers, imo.

There is no championship so disjointed from the regular season as college football. It almost becomes an afterthought.

The championship squeaks in before the playoffs now with the 18-week regular season. Once the NFL playoffs started, I completely forgot about college football. At least this year it bridges the gap between the regular season and playoffs.

When you see teams like Cincinnati & TCU make the college football playoffs, there is no reason Pitt can’t get there as well….Difficult, but not as impossible as some would think….

The college football season really needs to wrap up the weekend around January 1st. It ends with a whimper every year, imo. It just can't compete with the NFL. And week 18 is essentially an extension of the playoffs, with so many teams jockeying for position or trying to win their way in.

And I love college football. In fact, if I HAD to choose, I'd probably choose a regular season college Saturday over NFL Sunday most weeks during the season. But once it starts treading into NFL playoff space, the focus and attention just isn't there & I think it makes the game sport look so inferior.

Speaking of competing with the NFL, who decided it was a good idea to put the FCS Championship game on a NFL Sunday? That was just bonkers, imo.
That was so dumb. There was a wide open spot on Saturday at noon to play that game.

Speaking of dumb, college football national championship on a Monday Night stinks. They need to move the semifinals up a week and have the Champ game New Years weekend.

Of TCU had a month to prepare like they did versus Michigan I’d give em a shot… especially after the OSU UGA game… they squeaked out on that … but one week I think isn’t enough for TCU … UGA by 10.

Such an anti-climactic way to end the season, with such little anticipation and build-up. People watch it though. I would guess this one will be one of the more highly rated ones since it involves 2 teams from different regions.
The regular season ended the last weekend of November, followed a week later by conference championships, followed by weeks of nothing. In that period of nothing, the NFL season was winding down, with all the playoff possibilities being discussed and analyzed. Then we had the semi-finals, 2 great games, followed again by NFL last-weekend drama. So now, after all of that, we have tonight's game.

Is it any wonder that people are not paying attention, even people on here, a college football message board? This game should have been played a month ago, when the season was still fresh in the minds of fans. College football has been an afterthought for about a month now.

Reactions: DrTongue
Maybe the best way to do this is move everything up and play the final at 4pm New Years Day. I mean the NFL just keeps playing with only 2 teams getting a bye week. End the season the week after Thanksgiving and then start the playoffs. Makes too much sense but ESPN would never go for that

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Carrying the ball in the wrong damn arm. Sick of this s**t I know more about football fundamentals than many of these guys and I only played for 2 years

Reactions: sonofabit
End the season the week after Thanksgiving and then start the playoffs. Makes too much sense but ESPN would never go for that

It's not ESPN that would have a problem with that, it's the people who run college football who think that maintaining the integrity of things like the Rose Bowl and the Sugar Bowl is far more important than doing their season the right way.

How great would Michigan vs Ohio State have been compared to this mess? And believe me - I hate the Big Ten. But this has a Pitt vs Clemson 2018 feel.

Georgia is just to damn good. Get used to it because Kirby is recruiting better than everyone including Saban. The only hope that we won't see them again next year is the fact that Stetson Bennett will be gone. Perhaps a new QB will make them slightly vulnerable. This is why big 12 teams don't belong in the CFP. They don't play defense at all in that league, of course other than Georgia, defense is a lost art in college football.

Georgia is just to damn good. Get used to it because Kirby is recruiting better than everyone including Saban. The only hope that we won't see them again next year is the fact that Stetson Bennett will be gone. Perhaps a new QB will make them slightly vulnerable.

Something tells me their offense won’t suffer a ton without the 3* walk-on.

Something tells me their offense won’t suffer a ton without the 3* walk-on.
You are probably right , but, he is vastly underrated. Nobody gives him much credit, all he does is win big football games. He does play with exceptional players, but, if you watch Georgia play, he is the leader and makes all the right plays.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Georgia is just to damn good. Get used to it because Kirby is recruiting better than everyone including Saban. The only hope that we won't see them again next year is the fact that Stetson Bennett will be gone. Perhaps a new QB will make them slightly vulnerable. This is why big 12 teams don't belong in the CFP. They don't play defense at all in that league, of course other than Georgia, defense is a lost art in college football.
Stetson Bennett is the definition of Alpha QB leader.

I know there’s a “playoff “ but these two teams don’t belong on the same field

I know there’s a “playoff “ but these two teams don’t belong on the same field

With the playoffs expanding to 12, you’re going to see a bunch of the elite recruiting powers in the playoffs starting next year. Which means the NC game will only be between them, as the 3* teams will never get through that gauntlet.

It sucks it isn’t closer. But this is the last of the Cinderalla games we will ever see in college football. I’m enjoying it for that.

Reactions: Pittisit4me
the-simpsons-he-is-already-dead.gif

Reactions: Pittisit4me
Michigan-Georgia would have been a better game
Somewhat better. They still would have gotten smacked down. Ohio St. Was the only team that could play with them because they have a great QB and the best receiving core in the land.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT