ADVERTISEMENT

Almost forgot - - UGA-TCU is tonight

The halftime discussion made a good point

The OSU game - the guy said TCU can thank that game for this result…& that when you win a game you had no business winning… this is what happens UGA extra fired up tonight

Some people actually think recruiting class rankings don’t matter.
Georgia is a talented, well coached, hungry team, with good leadership. TCU had a lot of things go their way against Michigan just to make the championship game. I just don’t understand how someone could have watched these two teams play all year and think TCU would give them a good game. McConkey and Bennett wouldn’t even be on the UGA roster if player rankings were the only thing that mattered. Those 2 guys are productive winners that play a big role on offense.

There’s still hope!

I feel pretty confident in saying that if they could have magically transported the guys who played on 2016 Oregon team from whatever couch they watched the first half from to SoFi Stadium at halftime that TCU would have had a really good chance to do that again.

Against this Georgia team, not so much.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Here’s a question-

Would you rather win a NY6 bowl (e.g. Tennessee) or get blown out in the National Championship Game like TCU is?

Conspiracy theorists can now have more ammo that there’s a token non P5 being allowed into the playoff each year so that Congress won’t eventually bring Anti Trust against the Uber programs.

Expanding to a 12 team playoff is a cute idea, but the national champion will still be from the same pool of schools that it has always been.

Reactions: UP_WarStreets21
B
Georgia is a talented, well coached, hungry team, with good leadership. TCU had a lot of things go their way against Michigan just to make the championship game. I just don’t understand how someone could have watched these two teams play all year and think TCU would give them a good game. McConkey and Bennett wouldn’t even be on the UGA roster if player rankings were the only thing that mattered. Those 2 guys are productive winners that play a big role on offense.
McConkey and Bennett wouldn’t even be on the UGA roster if player rankings were the only thing that mattered.

Do you think cherry picking two 3 stars out of a 3 deep that is overflowing with 4 and 5 star national top 100 guys somehow supports the narrative that stars don’t matter?

B

McConkey and Bennett wouldn’t even be on the UGA roster if player rankings were the only thing that mattered.

Do you think cherry picking two 3 stars out of a 3 deep that is overflowing with 4 and 5 star national top 100 guys somehow supports the narrative that stars don’t matter?
Georgia is a talented, well coached, hungry team, with good leadership. What part of that didn’t you understand?

Georgia is a talented, well coached, hungry team, with good leadership. What part of that didn’t you understand?
The part of it I quoted. You suggest that the fact that they’ve had national top 3 recruiting classes every year that Kirby has been there isn’t the primary reason for their success.

Wow, just realized UGA-TCU is coming up tonight. Was too wrapped up in Pitt MBB vs Clemson, Steelers and other NFL end of regular season activities this past weekend.

Here’s hoping TCU can hang with UGA and make it an interesting game tonight.
So much for hope

The part of it I quoted. You suggest that the fact that they’ve had national top 3 recruiting classes every year that Kirby has been there isn’t the primary reason for their success.
UGA is loaded with 4 and 5 star recruits and clearly talent matters, but they don’t win back to back titles without Bennett. There’s no way JT Daniels would have gotten the job done.

Tonight’s game

weirdscience-chet.gif

At this point, I’m still watching to see how many Georgia can hang on them. Will they reach 70??

Not sure TCU was one of the 15 best teams this year. They won a ton of close games in what was a really bad league. As I said, Pitt last year was better.

I liked the BCS.

And it gave underdogs a chance. It was harder to get into the NC, but easier to win it if you ever got there. Because you only had to defy the recruiting rankings once.
That’s true. And it was theoretically possible for a G5 school to make the national championship. Boise State likely would’ve made it in 2010 and/or 2011 had they not stumbled against Nevada and TCU.

No match- Georgia is in a totally different level.
I predict Georgia Vs Alabama for the championship game next year with Georgia winning a third championship.

Some people actually think recruiting class rankings don’t matter.
didn't matter the week before when the frogs beat a team loaded with much higher ranked players.....

some people also think having 12 teams in this thing will make it better,,,

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT