ADVERTISEMENT

Amanda West is drafted by the Houston Dash...

Happy for Landy! She deserved to be drafted. She had a good season and was clutch down the stretch.
Yeah, and going forward being able to point to a local girl getting drafted here feels like an important bullet point for the staff to add to their pitch.

Don’t think they’re done getting local girls drafted, either.

Yeah, and going forward being able to point to a local girl getting drafted here feels like an important bullet point for the staff to add to their pitch.

Don’t think they’re done getting local girls drafted, either.
Great point!! Off the top of my head Landy is the 2nd local player drafted by the Courage. The first was Franny Crouse who went to PSU. And West is the 2nd player who played in Pittsburgh drafted by the Dash. The 1st was WPIAL and Peters Twp product, Veronica Latsko, who went to Virginia. So now Coach Randy brings Landy home from and unsuccessful spell at a mid major, and 4 years later she’s drafted. It’s a heck of a story to tell. Plus it can help our program not lose top talent to the PSU’s and Virginia’s.

Great point!! Off the top of my head Landy is the 2nd local player drafted by the Courage. The first was Franny Crouse who went to PSU. And West is the 2nd player who played in Pittsburgh drafted by the Dash. The 1st was WPIAL and Peters Twp product, Veronica Latsko, who went to Virginia. So now Coach Randy brings Landy home from and unsuccessful spell at a mid major, and 4 years later she’s drafted. It’s a heck of a story to tell. Plus it can help our program not lose top talent to the PSU’s and Virginia’s.
Yeah, going to ignore for the moment that it looks like PSU had five players drafted lol

But as womens professional soccer continues to grow, I feel like this is the big missing piece, especially for local talent. You’ve got a hall of fame coach, you’re in the best conference in the sport, you’ve got best in class training and S&C facilities under construction on top of the improvements to the sports complex that they’ve already made, you can get a really good degree, you maybe can have a little bit of NIL, and now you have the proven ability to make a career out of it if you come to Pitt.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT