ADVERTISEMENT

Americans in Champions League

Fk_Pitt

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2007
Anyone want to take a shot and start listing them?

here are two playing right now in a playoff.

Group draw will be announced tomorrow.

Eintracht Frankfurt: Timmy Chandler, older USMNT's player
Chelski: CP
Barcelona: Dest, way out of favor with Xavi and way more than an afterthought with him
Juve: Junkyard Dawg McKennie
Bortmund: Gio Reyna, just getting back into games, please stay healthy!
Rangers FC: James Sand and Malik Tillman. Both played 90 today in their knockout game
Club Brugge: Youngster Owen Otasowie, not much playing time
Celtic FC: Cameron Carter-Vickers: So far main stay on the back 4 since joining this year and was last year when on loan
Maccabi Haifa FC: Josh Cohen, never even heard of him

On a lighter note, I was downright shocked that there were no Americans on Viktoria Plzen or Dinamo Zagreb.

And now because I'm in the wikipedia wormhole I'm giving my 26 man roster for Qatar

GK's: Matt Turner, Sean Johnson, Ethan Horvath, Gabriel Slonina
CB's: Walker Zimmerman, Aaron Long, Cameron Carter-Vickers, James Sands, Chris Richards
LB's: Antonee Robinson,
RB's: Joe Scally. DeAndre Yedlin
L or R: Sergino Dest
MF's: Tyler Adams, Weston McKennie, Yunus Musah, Luca De La Torre, Malik Tillman, Kellyn Acosta
FW's: Christin Pulisic, Tim Weah, Brenden Aaronson, Jordan Pefok, Gio Reyna, Jesus Ferreira, Jordan Morris

My starters for US vs Wales

GK: Matt Turner
RB: Scally, CB: Zimmerman, CB: Cameron Carter-Vickers, LB: Robinson
MF: Adams, McKennie, Musah
FW's: Pulisic, Aaronson
CF/ST: Pefok

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
BTW, Rangers went through today by beating Eindhoven 1-0. The goal was scored when the Eindhoven goalie made an ill advised short pass to the centerback near the top of the box, and our man Malik Tillman, who was playing the 10, stole the ball off the guy and passed the ball over to his center forward for what was essentially a tap in goal.

• Love
BTW, Rangers went through today by beating Eindhoven 1-0. The goal was scored when the Eindhoven goalie made an ill advised short pass to the centerback near the top of the box, and our man Malik Tillman, who was playing the 10, stole the ball off the guy and passed the ball over to his center forward for what was essentially a tap in goal.
Man…Tillman has been a great get for Rangers. It’s a loan right? I wonder if there’s an option to buy.

is it common for rangers and Celtic to both qualify for the UCL?

So you think Steffen doesn’t get the call?
I really don't. He is injury prone and has looked pretty poor with Middlesbrough. He wasn't even to sharp when called on last year during FA Cup and Moose Cup games. I think his back problems going back to his loan with Fortuna Dusseldorf derailed him.

And now because I'm in the wikipedia wormhole I'm giving my 26 man roster for Qatar

GK's: Matt Turner, Sean Johnson, Ethan Horvath, Gabriel Slonina
CB's: Walker Zimmerman, Aaron Long, Cameron Carter-Vickers, James Sands, Chris Richards
LB's: Antonee Robinson,
RB's: Joe Scally. DeAndre Yedlin
L or R: Sergino Dest
MF's: Tyler Adams, Weston McKennie, Yunus Musah, Luca De La Torre, Malik Tillman, Kellyn Acosta
FW's: Christin Pulisic, Tim Weah, Brenden Aaronson, Jordan Pefok, Gio Reyna, Jesus Ferreira, Jordan Morris

My starters for US vs Wales

GK: Matt Turner
RB: Scally, CB: Zimmerman, CB: Cameron Carter-Vickers, LB: Robinson
MF: Adams, McKennie, Musah
FW's: Pulisic, Aaronson
CF/ST: Pefok
Dest has to be the starter whether he's playing or not.

Apparently Sands was fantastic for Rangers yesterday, motm performance I guess
What was once a positional concern is starting to look like a solid group.

Richards, Zimmerman, CCV and Sands.

Of course with the way our #9’s are playing right now, one could probably say the same thing about that position. Except we know better. Lol.

What was once a positional concern is starting to look like a solid group.

Richards, Zimmerman, CCV and Sands.

Of course with the way our #9’s are playing right now, one could probably say the same thing about that position. Except we know better. Lol.
CCV and Sands playing together would be great. Celtic and Rangers..

• Wow
I’ll leave this here since Chelsea are away for a champions league match tomorrow and Trevor Chalobah is sporting a pirate hat.

OK, so this didn't really involve Americans in the Champions League, because the Americans that played today were on a team that got hammered (no, not Liverpool, a different team). But about a month ago I switched ISPs and one of the perks I got was one year of free Paramount+. Today was really the first time I had a chance to watch any of the Champions League games on there. So the games are at halftime when I get home, what should I watch? Between the blowouts (looking at you, Liverpool) and other games I'm just not interested in I somehow settle on Brugge v Leverkusen, just to watch someone different.

Well Brugge was ahead 1-0 throughout the second half and the game wasn't all that interesting, so I switched over to Atletico v Porto. That game is 0-0. But not too long after I turn it on a Porto player gets a red card for a dogso just outside the box. Well this could get interesting. And sure enough, just into stoppage time Atleti break through for the go ahead, maybe game winning goal. And then a few minutes later Atleti gets called for a penalty for an obvious handball in the box. 1-1. And just when you thought it was going to end that way, Antoine Griezman pokes a ball home on just about the last kick of the game in the 11th minute of stoppage time.

Hell of a finish. Hopefully all the games I watch on Paramount will be that interesting, at least at the end.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT