ADVERTISEMENT

Americans in England’s game

As you've been told many times, YOU ARE NOBODY, NOTHING, ZERO, not anyone who's opinion needs to be particularly respected.

I don't care if you respect my opinion or not. In fact given that your opinion is frequently based on nothing more than how you feel about something, it's probably better that you don't.

Willful ignorance isn't really a good look, but I guess if that's all you got, go with it.

I don't care if you respect my opinion or not. In fact given that your opinion is frequently based on nothing more than how you feel about something, it's probably better that you don't.

Willful ignorance isn't really a good look, but I guess if that's all you got, go with it.
I'm basing my opinions on FACTS, that's what you don't get, I've had the conversations with living, breathing soccer fans that feel that way, and you come on here and say they don't exist at all, maybe you should have an opinion like "very few feel that way", instead of declaring that NOBODY does. That is willful ignorance combined with arrogance.

I'm basing my opinions on FACTS, that's what you don't get, I've had the conversations with living, breathing soccer fans that feel that way, and you come on here and say they don't exist at all, maybe you should have an opinion like "very few feel that way", instead of declaring that NOBODY does. That is willful ignorance combined with arrogance.
People thought Pitt was going to win an ACC title in hoops this year too.

This is the same exact type of literal vs figurative language you are using in your point about soccer fans. Just because a few dolts say it, doesn’t mean you can run with the narrative.

Pitt fans as a whole never thought Pitt was going to win an ACC title.

and USA soccer fans don’t think anyone in Europe is automatically better than anyone in MLS

But you said he was 2nd leading scorer on his EPL team didn't you? Sure, I'll give it up to him for that, he's succeeding in the best league, hope it translates to USMNT. My observations of him on USMNT where, he always seemed like he would create a chance, then not finish. That's what I always thought about Paul Arriola, because I watched him a lot playing for DC, he'd make a fabulous move to get in position to score and mess up the final touch.

Actually I was referencing discussions that I actually saw, about how Zach Steffen was had better preparation just practicing at MC and not playing in actual games, than Turner had being a full time starter at NE. Personally I can't buy that, practice is not a game.
Steffens played a fair amount of games, just not premier league games. FA Cup. League Cup. Champions leave group game, or two. Plus filling in when the starter, Ederson - who would be better suited as a TE or safety - is hurt.

People thought Pitt was going to win an ACC title in hoops this year too.

This is the same exact type of literal vs figurative language you are using in your point about soccer fans. Just because a few dolts say it, doesn’t mean you can run with the narrative.

Pitt fans as a whole never thought Pitt was going to win an ACC title.

and USA soccer fans don’t think anyone in Europe is automatically better than anyone in MLS
Whatever, it's not just a few, it's probably the majority on a couple Facebook pages, but, if you don't know, you don't know. What can I tell you? A few dolts, ok, maybe a few dozen, just don't say that they don't exist, they absolutely do.

It's as if some people can't understand the difference between the way someone actually thinks and the hyperbole that they may use to try to make a point.

Like I said, is there really any US Soccer fan out there who thinks that Henry Wingo is a better soccer player than Walker Zimmerman because Wingo plays in Hungary and Zimmerman plays in the US? Of course not. People aren't that stupid. They exaggerate to try to make a point and some people just can't wrap their head around something like that.

It's as if some people can't understand the difference between the way someone actually thinks and the hyperbole that they may use to try to make a point.

Like I said, is there really any US Soccer fan out there who thinks that Henry Wingo is a better soccer player than Walker Zimmerman because Wingo plays in Hungary and Zimmerman plays in the US? Of course not. People aren't that stupid. They exaggerate to try to make a point and some people just can't wrap their head around something like that.
To be fair, they mean Americans playing in EPL, Bundesliga, Serie A, La Liga, and maybe Ligue 1

Reactions: Pitt79
Many do think that the USAMNT should never select or play any MLS players, they get off the hook angry when it happens. IMO it's stupid to think an MLS player is never the best choice.

Their regular starter must be hurt, because he played again today in their 4-0 win over Reading. He's started five games in the last couple of weeks and given up a total of two goals.

Could he be the starting goalie for the US in a couple of weeks?
Probably. Steffen is back training now though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT