ADVERTISEMENT

Another Winners/Losers shout out....

pitt-girl

Board of Trustee
Gold Member
Mar 16, 2004
From USA Today:

"Entering the 2024 season, I had Pittsburgh’s Pat Narduzzi listed among the coaches on the hottest seats. While I don’t think Narduzzi has entirely escaped that situation with a 3-0 start, it’s hard not to be impressed with this two-week stretch for the Panthers.

Last week, they overcame a 27-6 second-half deficit to beat Cincinnati on the road — their largest comeback win since 1971. On Saturday, Pitt did it again, erasing a 10-point West Virginia lead in the Backyard Brawl with four minutes to play in a 38-34 win.

The offense has been the issue in the Steel City since Kenny Pickett matriculated to the NFL, but Pittsburgh may really have something in Alabama transfer quarterback Eli Holstein. He’s thrown for nearly 1,000 yards and nine touchdowns with just two picks through three games, and he had 301 yards and three touchdowns on Saturday while leading a game-winning drive.

The Panthers have already matched last season’s win total with their unbeaten start, and looking at the remaining schedule, Clemson is the only game in which they are almost certain to be an underdog, and that contest is at home.

If the offense continues to play this well, especially late in games, this team could be a much bigger player in the ACC race than we thought going into the season."

I disagree that Narduzzi was on "the hottest seats". (Although with a new AD who knows, but there is a lot of money left on his contract.)

Great pic with the write up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.