ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody watching UCF right now?

kramerica415

Scholarship
Jan 5, 2016
Santa Cruz, CA
They are looking formidable right now.

I think we win this weekend ...but next week in Orlando is going to be real tough.

Looks like athletes all over the place and the QB from Hawaii took the ball right down the field on old Lane Kiffin’s D.

One week at a time tho, right?

Yeah, I am. I respect UCF, rooted for them vs Auburn, know they are good, and playing better as a team than Pitt. But I sort of think we can take them, can't pinpoint why. Maybe after the NC game I'll have a better gauge on this team.

Reactions: kramerica415
I can see Pitt beating UNC and feeling like they got a big monkey off their back.....then going down to UCF and getting crushed.

I’m perfectly fine with that, as the team focus needs to shift to acc games.

Eventually people are going to have to start accepting the idea that Kiffin is a good coach that just got too much handed to him at a young age, with not enough on the job training.

78 yards in less than a minute. Very formidable foe. DB’s better have their big boy pants on. Whew.

I think we maul them in the trenches. 92 probably at kickoff. Ground attack. Ball possession. Heat will wear down anyone. Even the home team. Nards will be prepping the refs all week regarding UCF OL being downfield on every play. Have to score often on long drives. It's doable.

I think we’ll have some success running on them.
They are going to score, and we are going to have to match them score for score.

For me it will come down to big plays from our offense. Are we going to have to methodically move down field on them, 4 to 5 yards a play? We can do that, and I expect us to have some efficiency success. But it’s just so hard to be THAT efficient every series. And in a game where it looks like the other team is going to score a bunch, every series becomes that important.
We need some big plays from the offense to ease up the need to stay perfect on every play.

Reactions: lostnite66
I think we maul them in the trenches. 92 probably at kickoff. Ground attack. Ball possession. Heat will wear down anyone. Even the home team. Nards will be prepping the refs all week regarding UCF OL being downfield on every play. Have to score often on long drives. It's doable.

The only problem with that is you’d think that would’ve happened in the 2nd half against Albany, a much smaller less talented team.

It’s so depressing seeing how innovative these offenses are. I don’t understand why we aren’t running anything like this?

Last edited:
Reactions: kramerica415
Ugh, they switched it over to the State Penn - Illinois game, f thst. But I'm outnumbered in Big 10 country.

Time to fire up the I/Pad and watch both.

-We will need at least 40 to beat this team. And the best offensive performance we have had last year and this year was 42 against Rice and 33 against Albany. We should practice our clock milking skills to keep it respectable because we cant score on anyone, and, this team scores at will.

It’s so depressing seeing how innovate these offenses are. I don’t understand why we aren’t running anything like this?
Totally agree with this. We don’t take shots down field like these types of offenses do. We know teams are going to stack the box on us... why not take a few chances down fields to Mack or Shockey?

Easy for me to say but younland a few and all of a sudden you’re keeping them honest.

Is the talent just not there or are we just that vanilla with the play calling?

Totally agree with this. We don’t take shots down field like these types of offenses do. We know teams are going to stack the box on us... why not take a few chances down fields to lack or Shockey?

It's not even the shots really. It's the way they use motion and misdirection and spacing to create such favorable matchups for them. FAU doesn't have the talent to continue blow for blow with them. But even with them you can see how far the offensive system is taking that talent.

I personally don't like the matchup much. I think their offense is too mature for our young secondary. My fear is we will see their slot receivers being covered by zeise all game instead of a dime package and that will lead to their QB picking out secondary apart all game

They are looking formidable right now.

I think we win this weekend ...but next week in Orlando is going to be real tough.

Looks like athletes all over the place and the QB from Hawaii took the ball right down the field on old Lane Kiffin’s D.

One week at a time tho, right?

Its an exhibition game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT