ADVERTISEMENT

Are you more excited or less excited about these next two weeks?

Oct 25, 2021
Are you more excited that we're playing marquee opponents, or are you less excited that we're probably not going to be very competitive?

Are you more excited that we're playing marquee opponents, or are you less excited that we're probably not going to be very competitive?
Even if we are 7-0 I'm always less excited about playing marquee opponents, 2 years ago I went to the Pitt/Clemson game, I was feeling like they would blow it :) luckily, I was wrong! At 2-5 with this bad team, I'd seriously be more excited to play Wofford two more times the next two weeks to get to 4-5 :), I don't care about seeing the marquee opponents ever, I just want to see a WIN, no matter who it's against

Less excited now that the team is not not playing very well. It's no fun getting your ass kicked.

Yeah, that's where I'm at. I remember being excited for Miami 2017, but I think part of that was knowing they were beatable and seeing Pickett play. I don't think I'll watch the Notre Dame game this week, which sucks because there's always a certain mystique to games up there. I might check in at halftime to see if it's worth turning on, but I don't even think our front seven has gotten fully exposed yet... I expect it will these next two weeks.

Reactions: Farnox
More excited. When your team stinks it doesn't matter much whether you beat Wake to finish 5-7 instead of 4-8. Pulling an upset on ND or FSU gives a chance for this season to at least have a memorable moment

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
Even if we are 7-0 I'm always less excited about playing marquee opponents, 2 years ago I went to the Pitt/Clemson game, I was feeling like they would blow it :) luckily, I was wrong! At 2-5 with this bad team, I'd seriously be more excited to play Wofford two more times the next two weeks to get to 4-5 :), I don't care about seeing the marquee opponents ever, I just want to see a WIN, no matter who it's against

Teams like that do nothing for me. FBS vs FCS is garbage football. I don't even like watching the P5 vs G5... even though we're probably worse than 30% of G5 teams this season.

Reactions: H2Ppanthers
I just want to see a WIN, if we went 12-0 against the weakest schedule in the nation, I'd prefer that to seeing marquee teams and going 6-6.

I think there's a sweet spot to be had of playing teams on our general level (as programs - not necessarily our level in that particular season). Or a conglomerate of some teams below it, some teams on it, and some teams above it... which is basically is. I wouldn't want to play all teams below or above it, though. That isn't fun to me.

I think there's a sweet spot to be had of playing teams on our general level (as programs - not necessarily our level in that particular season). Or a conglomerate of some teams below it, some teams on it, and some teams above it... which is basically is. I wouldn't want to play all teams below or above it, though. That isn't fun to me.
Play P5 teams, schedule Vandy, Rutgers, Maryland, WVU, Kansas etc. I prefer playing teams where it's a minimum 50/50 chance we will win. I hate the idea of scheduling teams out of conference, like say Georgia right now, teams where it's likely 95% a loss.

Play P5 teams, schedule Vandy, Rutgers, Maryland, WVU, Kansas etc. I prefer playing teams where it's a minimum 50/50 chance we will win. I hate the idea of scheduling teams out of conference, like say Georgia right now, teams where it's likely 95% a loss.

If you can't beat Cincinnati, WVU, Virginia Tech, and Wake Forest with a safety playing QB, you're not going better than 1-4 against those five teams.

Reactions: Jim Z and jctrack
I’m excited to see our qb of the future develop. Once Jurko wrecked this year, the ONLY thing I wanted was to see the team build around a young qb for next year. Im hoping for much better results next year. Jurko was THAT atrocious.

So, yeah, I’m excited to see our young QBs develop. And I don’t want us taking a grad transfer qb next year. That would piss me off because I know Duzz would start him.

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
I am not at all excited for this game. I fear we are going to get embarrassed on national tv. I fear it will be like 2020 where they just smashed us.

I would rather play some garbage time on the CW.

Less than zero. Won’t be bothering. I can accept the likelihood of loss. But to know it’s going to be something like 56-3, forget it.

Reactions: jctrack
There are many ways you can look at this. Here are a few:

*If we win both of these games, we will feel worse about the way the season has unfolded. Narduzzi feels a lot more comfortable. He may even crow a little bit at the news conferences.

* If we win one of the next two games, and the offense is humming in both, we will feel a little better about the future, but no changes will be made.

*If we lose both games by a couple of TDs, we will feel the same, but we know changes will be made after the season…

I'll be rooting for the first scenario but still hoping for changes...

*If we win both of these games, we will feel worse about the way the season has unfolded. Narduzzi feels a lot more comfortable. He may even crow a little bit at the news conferences.
We'll feel worse if we win these 2 games? WTF you talking about Willis? It would FEEL GREAT!

I am not at all excited for this game. I fear we are going to get embarrassed on national tv. I fear it will be like 2020 where they just smashed us.

This is my thinking as well. I don't know if it's because we've tasted success more recently or because we took some shit stompings against national brands in 2018 and 2020. I definitely used to look forward to these games (we sucked, and it was like our Super Bowl), but now I'm like weirdly protective of the Pitt brand and I don't want people to see us getting blown out - especially on national tv.

Reactions: PittMan2003
Hard to get excited when you expect Pitt to get beat down. The most exciting thing might be the chance to see Cignetti get fired

This feels different, though. There were other times (Clemson 2016, for instance) when I fully expected a beatdown but was still excited for the game. If they canceled this one, I'd be thrilled.

This feels different, though. There were other times (Clemson 2016, for instance) when I fully expected a beatdown but was still excited for the game. If they canceled this one, I'd be thrilled.
Yeah, I get that. I just can't talk myself into getting excited for it. I can't even go down a delusional rabbit hole to find a path to victory that doesn't involve an act of god.

2016, that team had a good offense and stars, I thought we'd lose to Clemson, but also thought it would be entertaining, and we end up winning a 43-42 shootout.

I will watch out of a warped sense of duty. Next week will seem like attending a reenactment of Little Bighorn.

I'm excited and will be at both games. You always have a chance to make something out of a season or even a single game.

We get our sh!t together a bit and we can play with this ND team. FSU will be a talk task.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT