ADVERTISEMENT

Aside from the Duke game (obviously), almost everything has broken Pitt's way the past 5 days

UPitt '89

Board of Trustee
Gold Member
Mar 14, 2002
- Wisconsin lost in the first round of the B1GT
- Michigan lost convincingly in the first round of the B1GT
- Nevada lost their first round game in the MWC
- Rutgers lost
- Mississippi State got blown out
- Virginia beat UNC
- Clemson blew out NC State
- Then Virginia blew out Clemson
- ASU got blown out by Arizona
- Oregon got blown out by UCLA
- Vanderbilt lost convincingly today
- There hasn't been a single bid-stealer yet.... and now there's only one possibility left.

Over the past two days.... Pitt has gotten positive results in 13 out of 15 key games.

After the dejection of the Duke loss.... Things could've gone much worse for Pitt than they have. I think our chances of making the tournament are north of 90% now. If FAU wins later, they're over 95%.

ALL OF OUR ROOTING PAID OFF! WHO SAID THE POWER OF PRAYER DOESN"T EXIST!

- Rutgers lost
- Virginia beat UNC
- There hasn't been a single bid-stealer yet.... and now there's only one possibility left.

Over the past two days.... Pitt has gotten positive results in 13 out of 15 key games.

After the dejection of the Duke loss.... Things could've gone much worse for Pitt than they have. I think our chances of making the tournament are north of 90% now. If FAU wins later, they're over 95%.

Great work!!!

Based on Lunardi’s last 4 in, which I think he’s probably undervaluing Pitt they could easily be last 4 byes, I think the committee will match Pitt and Arizona State. The former duke PG storyline

Reactions: Cavalier Panther
- Rutgers lost
- Virginia beat UNC

I dont agree. It was a mixed bag.

Needed:

OK St to lose to OU
Miss St to lose to Florida
Vandy to lose LSU or UK
Rutgers to lose to Michigan then Michigan to lose to Purdue
PSU to lose to NW
ASU to lose USC
USU to lose to UNM or Boise

Needed:

OK St to lose to OU
Vandy to lose LSU or UK
PSU to lose to NW
ASU to lose USC
USU to lose to UNM or Boise
Vandy, OkST, and ASU are behind Pitt. There haven't been any bid stealers.

That is as good as we could've hoped for.

Based on Lunardi’s last 4 in, which I think he’s probably undervaluing Pitt they could easily be last 4 byes, I think the committee will match Pitt and Arizona State. The former duke PG storyline
The committee doesn't actively try to create "story lines". There's 14 of them, the discussions get very detailed, and none of them work for any networks or even know most of the subtle "story lines" that we think up.

Any story lines are most assuredly a coincidence.

Is there anyone on the committee from the ACC that can help sway others to get Pitt in?

Florida Atlantic up 19 on UAB at the half so no bid stealing going to happen in this game unless things change drastically in the 2nd half.

Reactions: LVNVPanther
I just seen a 5 second call in the Duke game. I was told on here about 6 weeks ago that rule doesn't exist anymore. Smh. It's not called enough

Needed:

OK St to lose to OU
Vandy to lose LSU or UK
PSU to lose to NW
ASU to lose USC
USU to lose to UNM or B
He has to leave the room when UNC is discussed.

It *IS* great.

Each of the committee members cannot be present when their school is discussed and has no role in whether their team gets in.
But he is allowed to be in the room and talk about how we beat them twice.

(Could be a good thing as they likely think highly of their own team)

If FAU holds on... this will be the first year in my memory in which there wasn't a SINGLE bid-stealer.

That's unheard of. There's ALWAYS at least a couple.

The big winner of the week was *CHALK*!

I just seen a 5 second call in the Duke game. I was told on here about 6 weeks ago that rule doesn't exist anymore. Smh. It's not called enough
It doesn't exist when the player in possession is dribbling (it used to). It only exists when he picks up his dribble - that's when the 5-second count starts.

The committee doesn't actively try to create "story lines". There's 14 of them, the discussions get very detailed, and none of them work for any networks or even know most of the subtle "story lines" that we think up.

Any story lines are most assuredly a coincidence.
Ron burgundy I don’t believe you.gif

Not directed at you, but the committee.

Say we are an 11 in the field of 64 and TCU is a 6, you know they’re gonna match us up. There are no accidents, or something to that affect Freud said?

Reactions: Chaos
If FAU holds on... this will be the first year in my memory in which there wasn't a SINGLE bid-stealer.

That's unheard of. There's ALWAYS at least a couple.

The big winner of the week was *CHALK*!
Jerry Palm just said if UAB somehow does come back and win this game with FAU Rutgers would be the team that gets bumped out for them as they are the last team in.

Reactions: cabe23
It’s almost impossible for the committee to consider “story lines” to add spice to first round games. It’s just too difficult given all of the other considerations they have to figure out. The only story line that they might be working into the equation is the “Big 10 is the greatest conference in the history of the universe”.

Reactions: Fredact
I’ll say 99% in >50% no Dayton. The entire bubble is a shit show. And frankly, after seeing alot of these upper seeds in these tournaments, most of the field is just above ass this year.

We are in and may avoid Dayton. Going to be close. I’ll say we are a 10 seed.
Other than Penn St, no team which would have come into this week behind us had a “great” week.

If we were a 9/10 coming in, maybe we just sort of stayed there?

Does the Duke over Virginia outcome help PItt or will it mean nothing toward Pitt's shot at a bid?

Opinions?
Winning the ACC and looking good in doing so takes some tarnish off our big loss to them. Duke basketball is the equivalent to Alabama football. People respect them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT