ADVERTISEMENT

Awesome Madden tweet at PSU fanboy from Post Gazette

Look between all the campuses and main they spit out 15-20K per year in grads and many fail out or just quit so they have a very large fan base. I know someone who is a huge fan and went to IUP so they have numbers.

I will take my Pitt diploma over a PSU one every day!

Recruiting 4-5 star athletes does not always guarantee winning. We shall see if those kids stick by their verbals. Two already have decommited due to pressure sales.
Pressure sales? You think Franklin pressured Two top 10 national players to commit 13 months before LOI day?

Reactions: Hotshoe
Sorry but almost every state has an intra rival game. No excuse why st penn can't play PITT every year. Still hate that bastard Franklin how he covered up gang rape. You know damn well he is doing underhanded shit up their in the land of the lost.
It's not that simple.

Recruiting 4-5 star athletes does not always guarantee winning. We shall see if those kids stick by their verbals. Two already have decommited due to pressure sales.

I'm sure HCPN would love to coach some of the players Franklin is brining to Penn State. If the guy loses 2 or 3 and finishes Top 12 class instead of Top 5 would you take that at Pitt? Obviously winning is the key. Pretty much like Franklin did by going to Rose Bowl and ending up a Top 10 team right?

It's Pitt's job to step up and do what? Last we checked Pedophilia State University looked pretty much like a JV team verses Pitt.

I can't even take you seriously Mr David. Soooooooo.........I remember watching you at the Field House. The best thing you did at Pitt was doing jumping-jacks in the middle of the court and have balls bounce off you feet. It got weird and by your Senior people started to boo when you kicked balls around off your feet. Remember?

What gives Penn State the idea that Notre Dame would want to schedule THEM? The Irish have watered down their schedule in recent years and have added the "Shamrock Series" as a barnstorming tactic to play across the country without actually playing an "away" game. If I were ND, I might book PSU at FedEx Field or the Meadowlands, but I'm not playing home-and-home.

I'm sure HCPN would love to coach some of the players Franklin is brining to Penn State. If the guy loses 2 or 3 and finishes Top 12 class instead of Top 5 would you take that at Pitt? Obviously winning is the key. Pretty much like Franklin did by going to Rose Bowl and ending up a Top 10 team right?
One year doesn't make Jimmy Vince Lombardi but understand your point.

Of course it doesn't! But he did break through with a huge year which makes Penn State a player at the grown-up table.
Oh really? So let's see if they live up to their hype. Maybe they should initiate their frosh with a drinking contest as well.

Oh really? So let's see if they live up to their hype. Maybe they should initiate their frosh with a drinking contest as well.

If Pitt won 11 games, finished in the top 10, was ranked in the top 5 going into the next season, and had a top 5 recruiting class would you be saying the beast of the east is back? My guess is yea

If Pitt won 11 games, finished in the top 10, was ranked in the top 5 going into the next season, and had a top 5 recruiting class would you be saying the beast of the east is back? My guess is yea

No I wouldn't, I'd like to see if they can continue that success. Plz quit the nitter garbage already. St penn blocked a fg to beat OSU and barely beat Minnesota. We beat them and also the national champs. Usc got destroyed by Bama but st penn is back? Ok we shall see....

No I wouldn't, I'd like to see if they can continue that success. Plz quit the nitter garbage already. St penn blocked a fg to beat OSU and barely beat Minnesota. We beat them and also the national champs. Usc got destroyed by Bama but st penn is back? Ok we shall see....

You would be proclaiming Pitt as beast of the East. There is little doubt. I do not give a damn about Penn State but I can be objective. They had a year we have wanted for quite some time

You would be proclaiming Pitt as beast of the East. There is little doubt. I do not give a damn about Penn State but I can be objective. They had a year we have wanted for quite some time
How in the hell do you know? Preseason hype means nothing. I'm a die hard Pitt fan and can tell you one year doesn't make for another repeat one. The st penn love affair on this free board is comical. Objective Pitt fan? I can read into the BS. Go lather up with Jerry or go to the Frat house.

You are a lying troll. If you did not give a damn about PS, then you would not be constantly providing information about them.

Reactions: pierre93
All the pieces fell into the right place for st penn last year. Admit it....

You would think they'd be hanging out on the MSU board. Isn't MSU vs PS for the Land Grant Trophy the big game for them as designated by the Big 10?
Yeah but since Madden bashed them they fill the need to come on here and vent. St penn's 2 biggest heralded coaches were exposed for the scums they were and now it's all peachy Paturdo since they caught lightning in a bottle last year. The Pittsburgh media doesn't help but Madden gave them a much needed, well-deserved bashing. I do not and will not accept that all of the people responsible aren't there anymore. There still are people in the athletic dept up in creepy valley that knew and did nothing. They are and still were enablers.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
All the pieces fell into the right place for st penn last year. Admit it....

And more than likely will fall into place again this year. It'd be nice if we could get pieces to fall into place once. Can we agree on that?

What gives Penn State the idea that Notre Dame would want to schedule THEM? The Irish have watered down their schedule in recent years and have added the "Shamrock Series" as a barnstorming tactic to play across the country without actually playing an "away" game. If I were ND, I might book PSU at FedEx Field or the Meadowlands, but I'm not playing home-and-home.
Aside from Pitt and maybe Cuse, BC and WVU, what other P5 schools would want ANYTHING to do with the Pedds as far as non-conference scheduling goes? Absent an historic rivalry, why be associated with that tainted brand?

I think Bittner’s article is straight forward and not biased toward either university. It gives the Pitt AD much credit for her approach on scheduling PSU for future games.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...ch-to-Penn-State-rivalry/stories/201706280198

"Penn State just doesn’t want to play Pitt as its marquee non-conference opponent every single year. It wants to play Notre Dame, as it did in 2006-07. It wants to play Alabama, as it did in 2010-11. It wants to play West Virginia, which it’s scheduled to do in 2023-24. Virginia Tech and Auburn are other big names already lined up for the next decade."
old douche nozzle.

B1G plays a 9 game conference schedule. In addition, PSU always schedules one non conference P5 opponent. Of those 10 games 5 will be home, 5 will be away. PSU will then schedule two cupcakes to play at home to get to a 7 game home schedule which is what PSU needs to fund their athletics department. If PSU added another home and home serious with a P5 school, every other year they would only have 6 home games. If PSU played Pitt every year, they wouldn't be able to schedule any other P5 non conference games ever again without having a severe budget deficit.

This year PSU plays 10 P5 schools and Pitt plays 10 P5 schools and both are paying 2 lessor schools to come to their stadiums to get beat.

I'd like a home and home with Pitt once every 8-10 years. I like the rivalry but Also want to see PSU play other P5 schools.

Right, but the problem with that reasoning is Penn State also had all kinds of excuses for why it couldn't happen back when the B1G was still playing an eight-game league schedule.

In other words, this is hardly a new issue. This has not been precipitated by the advent of a nine-game conference schedule. It's just the latest in a long line of excuses.

Every major college football program funds it's athletic department. Many other conferences play nine-game league schedules. Many of those have an annual out of conference opponent on their respective dockets.

If those schools can do it, so too can Penn State. It's an excuse – always has been, always will be.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT