ADVERTISEMENT

Barbour: no progress on more Pitt games

Barbour said no progress on scheduling Pitt, I know how Lyke can move the needle to renew the series and boost ticket sales for the Albany game.
Tell Barbour if no agreement by April then Pitt will have a promotion, you can buy PSU ticket only with a purchase of an Albany ticket plus everyone attending the Albany game will receive a JOE KNEW t-shirt to wear for the PSU game. Nothing to lose PSU afraid to play us because they could get beat.

Pitt progress?
Barbour said she sat down with Pittsburgh athletic director Heather Lyke about the football series when the Panthers came to State College in September, but nothing came of the meeting.

“There has been no progress at this point in time,” Barbour said.

Penn State and Pitt’s four-year home-and-home series is set to expire in 2019. The Nittany Lions travel to Heinz Field in 2018 and host the Panthers at Beaver Stadium the following season.

Barbour did, however, sound slightly more optimistic about scheduling a different opponent.

After visiting Virginia in 2012, there is still a floating agreement for the Cavaliers to play in Happy Valley. While that hasn’t been scheduled yet, Barbour said she has had “direct conversations” with Virginia.

“I think we are closer to solving it,” the athletic director noted. “But I couldn’t tell you where that’s going to end up at this point.”
http://www.centredaily.com/sports/college/penn-state-university/psu-football/article192065964.html

F Peddstate

What you are suggesting is what prevents Pitt from expanding their fanbase.

Play no-one OOC, stack wins, get ranked and draw fans to "big games". That's the formula that works everywhere else.

The secondary benefit is a boost to recruiting because your perception has been changed.
I agree. The claim that local fans will attend more games when Pitt plays ranked teams was blown-up when they didn’t show-up for the Okie State game.

When the PSU Caravan was in Pittsburgh, it seemed that Barbour was hinting on a Home and Home for 2026 and 2027, their first opening for another P5 Home and Home. They have still not scheduled anyone. Lyke said in Nov that a contract was almost ready. What is going on?

I think that the JoBots on their Board of Trustees are pressuring Barbour to jetison Pitt forever. She probably wants to stay their until retirement, so there you go.

I think that the JoBots on their Board of Trustees are pressuring Barbour to jetison Pitt forever. She probably wants to stay their until retirement, so there you go.

Why does Pitt always have to seem like the program begging for this game? Can’t we for once be the program that says FU, we’ve moved on and don’t need you anymore?

Why does Pitt always have to seem like the program begging for this game? Can’t we for once be the program that says FU, we’ve moved on and don’t need you anymore?

Agreed, Playing state penn is no different than playing Rutgers, Temple, Maryland, WV, Cincy. Schedule one of them instead.

Agreed, Playing state penn is no different than playing Rutgers, Temple, Maryland, WV, Cincy. Schedule one of them instead.

Eh, not quite. Ped fans it way more butts in the seats than the teams you mentioned. Not saying we need them, but it is nice to have PSU or ND on the schedule for ticket sales.

Yes that's why the largest crowd to watch a Pitt game is Rutgers, Temple, Maryland, WV, and Cincy. Hungover still from last night?

It takes two to tango, but all indications are that Pitt was trying to dance without a partner.

I agree - playing them only benefits their local fans who don’t get to see the Nits any other way.

To this 65 year old Pitt guy, who has been going to games for 45 years, PSU it totally irrelevant. I pay no attention to them. As far as I'm concerned, I don't care if they win, lose, don't play, or drop into the ocean. I'd rather not see them, or be around them again, ever.
They sold their integrity to stick together and cover up a child sex ring, in order to protect their football cash cow. When caught, they blamed it on the cops, Corbett, Louie Freeh, Pres. Bush, Sarah Gannon, ESPN, the overall sports media. ABC. NBC., CBS. and FOX. it's a wonder they haven't figured out a way to blame Trump for it. I'm sure they are working on that, though.
As far as I'm concerned, they can just go away, and stay away.
A guess a plus for them is that the Pennsylvania Penal System has cable TV in the prison facilities so that their Administration can watch the bowl games.

Reactions: FireballZ
We need to stop begging them and move on. F them. They are mostly annoying people to be around. I would rather watch Pitt play Rutgers in a half empty stadium than deal with the stadium being 50 percent Nitter douchebags.

Reactions: gary2
I wish every new Pitt AD would receive a primer for how to deal with PSU scheduling. They will schedule a home and home with Pitt every 15-20 years. The only reason for the 4 game series we have now is because they needed some positive PR after Paterno and the administration allowed and then attempted to cover up the actions of a child rapist.

It's like clockwork. We get a new AD, then PSU lets Pitt think there is some interest, and when the Pitt AD speaks on it to the media, Penn State pulls out the rug. Pitt ends up looking bad, every time. We need to stop this. Yet, when Lyke transitions out the new AD will fall for the exact same BS.

Here is what Pitt should do next time (too late now). Say there is not a whole lot of interest in scheduling Penn State. Mentions that the ACC schedule is plenty tough, and playing home and home games against teams like Notre Dame and WVU is great, but we need to bring in some teams that give our fans some variety of opponents. The only time Pitt should play agaisnt Penn State following the next two games should be in a bowl game. F them.

Reactions: gary2
Pennsylvanians benefit financially by having this game within the state every year as opposed to one of the teams playing a power 5 outside the state every other year.

But if both PSU and Pitt schedule a cupcake team at home instead of playing each other, that's a better financial situation for Pennsylvanians.

To this 65 year old Pitt guy, who has been going to games for 45 years, PSU it totally irrelevant. I pay no attention to them. As far as I'm concerned, I don't care if they win, lose, don't play, or drop into the ocean. I'd rather not see them, or be around them again, ever.
They sold their integrity to stick together and cover up a child sex ring, in order to protect their football cash cow. When caught, they blamed it on the cops, Corbett, Louie Freeh, Pres. Bush, Sarah Gannon, ESPN, the overall sports media. ABC. NBC., CBS. and FOX. it's a wonder they haven't figured out a way to blame Trump for it. I'm sure they are working on that, though.
As far as I'm concerned, they can just go away, and stay away.
A guess a plus for them is that the Pennsylvania Penal System has cable TV in the prison facilities so that their Administration can watch the bowl games.

HCPN is the right guy for the job and has us headed in the right direction, we dont need to cling to these fairy-tales that just makes us look bad. I dislike PSU as much as anyone, but at least dislike them for reasons that aren't pure fantasy. The courts have shown there was no cover up at PSU. There are also no PSU administrators in prison. Your post just makes you look mentally unhinged. I'd hate to here your thoughts on who was behind 9-11, climate change, and if the earth is round or flat.

I trust Lyke to only sign a 1 for 1 deal or not at all, so I'm not really sweating PSU nonsense. Most casual fans from both schools like the Pitt PSU game so they'll happen, maybe just less than some of us remember.

I dislike PSU as much as anyone, but at least dislike them for reasons that aren't pure fantasy. The courts have shown there was no cover up at PSU. There are also no PSU administrators in prison. Your post just makes you look mentally unhinged. I'd hate to here your thoughts on who was behind 9-11, climate change, and if the earth is round or flat.

Nice sixth post! LOL. Pitt fans aren't as easy to convince as you horse-playin' ticklers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT