ADVERTISEMENT

BASEBALL- 3/3/18 ..... Pitt beats Butler 3-0 ....

Yeah, ACC play starts next weekend, so we'll get a better picture of what kind of team we have then.

No doubt. My intention wasn't to dog the team or their start, but just note our scheduling...

Mostly we've played northern mid-majors...

For example, the game against UMass was their season opener.

I get one weekend or 2 like that but you'd think you'd want one weekend series against a P5 or strong Southern mid-major before conference play. Although I guess it really doesn't matter as ACC play will tell you all you need to know soon enough.

No doubt. My intention wasn't to dog the team or their start, but just note our scheduling...

Mostly we've played northern mid-majors...

For example, the game against UMass was their season opener.

I get one weekend or 2 like that but you'd think you'd want one weekend series against a P5 or strong Southern mid-major before conference play. Although I guess it really doesn't matter as ACC play will tell you all you need to know soon enough.

I agree with you, the pre-conference schedule does seem weaker this year and we usually do play more southern mid-majors and a P5 team or two before ACC play ...... as we both said, the conference schedule will tell us a lot more about the team starting next weekend.

Reactions: pittjas
I agree with you, the pre-conference schedule does seem weaker this year and we usually do play more southern mid-majors and a P5 team or two before ACC play ...... as we both said, the conference schedule will tell us a lot more about the team starting next weekend.

I wonder why they don't do an ACC - Big Ten challenge series for baseball like they do for softball? I mean the Big Ten isn't the greatest baseball league, but there are always some decent teams there. The softball team got two games with Wisconsin and two games with Illinois out of the challenge. Those are both decent teams. Certainly better than some of the non-conference competition we've played, but at the same time not at a level that makes it impossible to compete. They ought to do something like that for baseball.

I wonder why they don't do an ACC - Big Ten challenge series for baseball like they do for softball? I mean the Big Ten isn't the greatest baseball league, but there are always some decent teams there. The softball team got two games with Wisconsin and two games with Illinois out of the challenge. Those are both decent teams. Certainly better than some of the non-conference competition we've played, but at the same time not at a level that makes it impossible to compete. They ought to do something like that for baseball.

I think it's a good idea !

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT