ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball at 7 PM tonight

Does anyone know how long Duff, Funk, and Hess are out for?
Someone on the other board was saying Funk has a knee and is looking like mid-May. Hess has come on as a pinch runner, so it seems like he’s at least a little closer maybe? Duff was in a sling after the slide thing last weekend, so who knows. Could be just a sprain or something as serious as a collarbone.

1-0 Miami
Bottom of 8
Gilby is pitching a great game. We’ve had opportunities, but keep leaving men on base. It’s a shame we don’t have all our starters playing.

Lost 2-1 in extras. Had some chances but good game.

I didn't see the play, but having a runner thrown out at third for the first out of the 10th inning is something that just can't happen. If you aren't 100% sure you are going to make it there you just can't take the chance. 1st and 2nd with no outs and that top of the 10th plays out completely differently.

Reactions: ThePanthers
We have 2 pitchers. When one-off them pitches,wehaveachance. If neither pitches, double figure runs against are possible, if not likely.

It is an interesting decision to pitch our second best pitcher on Sunday rather than Saturday as most schools do. Gives us a much worse chance to win on Saturdays but a greater chance to win on Sundays.

I would have to imagine that Pitt has someone running the numbers to tell them what the differences are to see which way makes more sense, but very few teams do it the way that Pitt is doing it this year.

It is an interesting decision to pitch our second best pitcher on Sunday rather than Saturday as most schools do. Gives us a much worse chance to win on Saturdays but a greater chance to win on Sundays.

I would have to imagine that Pitt has someone running the numbers to tell them what the differences are to see which way makes more sense, but very few teams do it the way that Pitt is doing it this year.
I was thinking the same. They’re almost conceding Saturdays but matching up really well Friday and Sundays as our best pitchers are matching up with the others teams 2nd and 3rd pitchers.

I was thinking the same. They’re almost conceding Saturdays but matching up really well Friday and Sundays as our best pitchers are matching up with the others teams 2nd and 3rd pitchers.

Well, our best pitcher is still matching up with the other guy's best pitcher, because almost everyone starts their best pitcher, or at least who they thought would be their best pitcher coming into the season, on Friday.

Most schools pitch one, two and three in order. We pitch one, three then two.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT