ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt - Miami on ACCN at 6 PM

Gep Dawg

Freshman
Dec 6, 2015
How can the conference de facto regular season championship not be on a major network at a better time? And to make it worse Louisville/Virginia is on ESPN2 at 2 PM, Georgia Tech/BC is on ESPNU at 2:30, and Florida State/Va Tech on ESPN2 at 4 PM!

TV and time slots were decided months ago.

They don't "flex" like they do with football.

Correct but I always did wonder why the Saturday game times and networks had to picked in October. I mean it doesn't seem unreasonable to do that 2 weeks prior like football.

Reactions: FireballZ
TV and time slots were decided months ago.

They don't "flex" like they do with football.
Correct but I always did wonder why the Saturday game times and networks had to picked in October. I mean it doesn't seem unreasonable to do that 2 weeks prior like football.
I'm going to a MAC game on Friday that was flexed about a week or two ago. Interesting that the MAC is capable of flexing games but the ACC is not.

Reactions: columbus mike
I'm going to a MAC game on Friday that was flexed about a week or two ago. Interesting that the MAC is capable of flexing games but the ACC is not.
The MAC doesn't have a contract with the ESPN family of Networks (of which ACCN is a part).

There were a few times this year that the television networks weren't picked until a week or so before the games. But it was always two games in the same time slot and one was going to be on the ACCN and the other was going to be on like ESPN2.

The home game against Georgia Tech from last week was like that. We ended up on the ACCN. The Miami - Virginia Tech game at the same time ended up on ESPNU.

I would love to see this change. Would probably boost the TV revenues by a not small amount to maximize the best games in the best time slots. Pitt/Miami is a ranked/ranked matchup with a ton on the line. That’d get good numbers if it was on a different network…or if they could stack Pitt/Miami with UNC/Duke. Like they do with football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT