ADVERTISEMENT

BIG looking at Clemson and FSU

I recall that he broke the Kedon Slovis news last year, but how do they plan on breaking the Grant of Rights? Someone floated the idea of accusing the ACC of defrauding them of media revenue (?)… good luck with that.

And Baylor's The Dude is "reporting" Arizona to B12 on Tuesday. I am getting in the mix and reporting FSU and Clemson to the SEC.

That would be the mother of all conferences. I’m sure that’s the endgame. But not sure how they break the GOR.

I recall that he broke the Kedon Slovis news last year, but how do they plan on breaking the Grant of Rights? Someone floated the idea of accusing the ACC of defrauding them of media revenue (?)… good luck with that.

The GOR really isnt a big deal to an FSU or Clemson. They dont have to break it. OSU @ FSU and Mich @ Clem would be controlled by the ESPN/ACC contract. The ACC schools dont add value until 2036 so they wont get B10 media revenue until then.

One thing to realize is these negotiations have non-disclosure agreements. No one has ever "broke" an expansion story until it was done. Even as everyone speculated Colorado, their admission to the B12 came out of left field. Every major expansion was seemingly out of nowhere. The main reason I dont believe this message board rumor is because Washington and Oregon are involved after being passed up the first time.

B10 needs FSU and Clemson if they want any chance of completing long term against the SEC. They need the pipeline to southern talent.

I'd say B10 needs Clemson, FSU, UNC, and maybe UVA since Texas is now off the table. You have some academic alignment in UVA and UNC and basketball. And southern football with Clemson and FSU

B10 needs FSU and Clemson if they want any chance of completing long term against the SEC. They need the pipeline to southern talent.

I'd say B10 needs Clemson, FSU, UNC, and maybe UVA since Texas is now off the table. You have some academic alignment in UVA and UNC and basketball. And southern football with Clemson and FSU
I think that is the end game, but it aint' happening this week or anytime soon.

Breaking a player transfer, and breaking realignment is night and day.

Also, unless it's Thamel, Delligner, Teel (ACC), Wilner (PAC 12), and to a lesser extent McMurphy, it's just all message board BS and regurgitation of rumors.
If one of those guys above report it, it's probably happening.

And people need to ignore that Greg Swaim guy. He is pretty much the Dude of WVU but with a radio show.

Posted this before, but it basically starts at the 33-minute mark (the whole segment is 4 minutes long).

Clemson and FSU are now pro revenue sharing. Why that's important is that it's a model that would put the ACC way behind the BIG and SEC schools in terms of what they could offer recruits (i.e. something is cooking behind the scenes).

And then the suggestion for getting out of the GOR was to come up with some type of estimate of how much money these schools would forego by the ACC holding onto their media rights through 2036 and then reaching a settlement on that.

I mean, these schools are obviously gone (2036 being the latest they would possibly leave), but I think the questions are 1) How early Clemson, FSU, etc. leave and 2) Exactly how many ACC schools have appeal to the super two conferences before/after the GOR expires.

I could see a scenario where maybe 5 or 6 schools hold some appeal, but they're all offered different packages to leave, which incentivize leaving at different times.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
One thing to realize is these negotiations have non-disclosure agreements. No one has ever "broke" an expansion story until it was done. Even as everyone speculated Colorado, their admission to the B12 came out of left field. Every major expansion was seemingly out of nowhere. The main reason I dont believe this message board rumor is because Washington and Oregon are involved after being passed up the first time.
I think timing was the issue not teams last year.

UCLA/USC were done 1st. Oregon/UW could’ve too. But I think the BIG had other priorities(ND) that they wanted 1st as ND may have tried to leverage other teams (Stanford) due to rivalry and the BIG May only want so may pac teams.

I think timing was the issue not teams last year.

UCLA/USC were done 1st. Oregon/UW could’ve too. But I think the BIG had other priorities(ND) that they wanted 1st as ND may have tried to leverage other teams (Stanford) due to rivalry and the BIG May only want so may pac teams.

Isn't ND still harboring ill will from anti-Catholic happenings like 100 years ago when they were passed over by the BIG? I commend them on holding a grudge, I guess.

I've read before that they really value the south east (both for recruiting purposes and because they have a lot of fans there), so I assume adding some of the better ACC teams may eventually get them to make a move. And if that doesn't, ceding into a super league that requires membership for playoff access ought to do it.

Circular reporting on rumors. Hmmmm.

But they aren’t.

Warchant is reporting that the Big Ten wants FSU and Clemson.

And that things between FSU and ESPN have gotten kinda bad. ESPN is going so far as to try to find out what is going on with the BOT meeting this week, because apparently even they are worried about where things stand with them.

Believe. Don’t Believe it.

But they aren’t.

Warchant is reporting that the Big Ten wants FSU and Clemson.

And that things between FSU and ESPN have gotten kinda bad. ESPN is going so far as to try to find out what is going on with the BOT meeting this week, because apparently even they are worried about where things stand with them.

Believe. Don’t Believe it.

If it is real and legit, then I"m expecting LONG and EXPENSIVE, drawn out litigation and a complete mess, which I think the BIG wants nothing to do with until it is settled.

So what exactly are they saying? Are they saying it was "fraud", they have a settlement amount, and they will be invited to the BIG with Clemson, Oregon and Washington this week?

No. That the Big Ten is targeting those 4 teams.

And then goes into detail about what’s happening between FSU and ESPN right now. And things aren’t great.

I wouldn't be shocked if FSU announces that they are going to take the ACC to court to challenge the GOR. That seems like something they would do.

But I don't think the BIG (or any other conference) will invite anyone to join until the legal stuff is all figured out, which could be years.

AGAIN! PEOPLE CHILL OUT, I KNOW SMF GETS ALL HOT AND BOTHERED BY THIS. When we went to the ACC, there were not sources saying, and 40 different threads saying it.....it happened. As have most of these. There is more disinformation thrown around than the weeks leading up to the NFL draft.

Reactions: 303vND
have we really not learned our lesson about jumping on these rumors from Warchants? after years and years of rumors coming from warchants, and it always being wrong, we still havent learned our lesson?

Charlie Brown Football GIF - Peanuts Charlie Brown Lucy Van Pelt GIFs

I wouldn't be shocked if FSU announces that they are going to take the ACC to court to challenge the GOR. That seems like something they would do.

But I don't think the BIG (or any other conference) will invite anyone to join until the legal stuff is all figured out, which could be years.
Warchant also stoked all the FSU to B12 rumors in 2012. And they dragged Andy Haggard, the then chair of their board of trustees and famous blowhard, right along with them. He ended being shown to be completely uninformed of actual things in their media contracts so it wouldn't surprise me that something similar was happening.

Suing the ACC would be a giant mess. The B10 isn't going to touch FSU until it's media rights are clear, and this would be a lawsuit years in the making costing millions and they might very well lose.

The board meeting's agenda is online and the only remotely related to it is an agenda item about a loan for the Seminole Boosters for which the school is considering capital asset purchases in an estimated amount of $10M for equipment. see: https://trustees.fsu.edu/meetings

Florida State to me is just this

Burt Reynolds
Charlie Ward
Bobby Bowden
The Indian on the horse

Who cares about that school. I don’t think the Big 10 cares about Florida State.

It sure would be nice if the board mods could consolidate all of these troll and simpleton originated threads about realignment down to one place for us.

Thank god we are down to only 33 days!

Reactions: PittMan 72
Warchant also stoked all the FSU to B12 rumors in 2012. And they dragged Andy Haggard, the then chair of their board of trustees and famous blowhard, right along with them. He ended being shown to be completely uninformed of actual things in their media contracts so it wouldn't surprise me that something similar was happening.

Suing the ACC would be a giant mess. The B10 isn't going to touch FSU until it's media rights are clear, and this would be a lawsuit years in the making costing millions and they might very well lose.

The board meeting's agenda is online and the only remotely related to it is an agenda item about a loan for the Seminole Boosters for which the school is considering capital asset purchases in an estimated amount of $10M for equipment. see: https://trustees.fsu.edu/meetings

Warchant is not saying the meeting has anything to do with expansion or leaving the ACC.

It’s reporting that ESPN was concerned about the meeting, and wanted to know what the nature of it was. And things aren’t good right now between ESPN and FSU.

Warchant is not saying the meeting has anything to do with expansion or leaving the ACC.

It’s reporting that ESPN was concerned about the meeting, and wanted to know what the nature of it was. And things aren’t good right now between ESPN and FSU.
Sure. Because ESPN couldn't find the agenda in the same 2 seconds it took me to google "fsu board of trustees meeting." Didn't know ESPN had direct contracts or dealings with FSU. That would be novel.

How about people stop feeding the flames of rampant speculation on fan sites, most of which have questionable track records on these topics, including warchant.

Florida State to me is just this

Burt Reynolds
Charlie Ward
Bobby Bowden
The Indian on the horse

Who cares about that school. I don’t think the Big 10 cares about Florida State.
was never an fsu fan but i loved watching Charlie Ward in 1993. He was an exciting player..

also loved watching Peter Warrick but i forget when he played. he was one of hte most exciting college wrs. always thought he'd be great in nfl and was pissed bengals drafted him but he was a huge bust in nfl.

Interesting. Not good between FSU and ESPN in what way? Not aware of any direct agreement between ESPN and FSU. Just between ESPN and the ACC/ACCN.

Everybody wants a better deal. That’s always the case. Just not sure how FSU - as a stand-alone entity - expects more?

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT