ADVERTISEMENT

Binghamton?

DC_Area_Panther

Head Coach
Jul 7, 2001
Are they dangerous? Should be a better test than NC A&T. They only lost 72-61 to Northwestern yesterday.

Last edited:
Binghamton is #262 in kenpom, which takes their game yesterday into account but is still mostly based on preseason projections. NC A&T is #357.

Preseason poll had them 4 of 9 in the America East. No preseason all conference players.

NC A&T was picked to finish last in the CAA.

Are they dangerous? Should be a better test than NC A7T. They only lost 72-61 to Northwestern yesterday.

Efficiency site spreads on this game

Torvik- -14.6
Massey- -20
Warren Nolan- -21
Haslam- -14

They run a 4 guard offense, and their frontline is 6'10, 6'8, and 6'7.

They are ranked 242nd by Torvik. Their best player could be Symir Torrence who was a bust under Jim Boeheim and is a 5th year senior since transferring down. Torrence had 8 turnovers against Northwestern.

3 of their guards played almost 40 minutes last game. They had 19 turnovers against Northwestern and Northwestern was +5 in rebound margin.

They had 2 players with an ORTG offensive power rating over 100 against Northwestern which could spell massive trouble.

Northwestern won the game by 11 and shot 27% from 3, 5-18.

If Pitt is for real, we need at least a 25+ point win if not 30+.

Reactions: mo cheeks
The opening line on this game is -18.5, right in the middle of the lines of the 4 efficiency websites I posted above.

The opening line on this game is -18.5, right in the middle of the lines of the 4 efficiency websites I posted above.

I like that line because although Binghamton doesnt appear to be that bad, giving NW a game. Its still a team we can beat by 25-30 if we play well and NET will be beating off if that happens. NET loves blowouts.

I remember when they were an up and coming program years ago and made the tourney. Subsequent recruiting violations really killed their program. Binghamton is actually a pretty big university and one of the tops academically in the NY state system. I always thought they could be an A10 team someday as an eastern counterpart to St. Bonaventure. Their gym isn’t bad either.

I am a Binghamton native. Always reminds me of a mini Pittsburgh with the hills and river confluence downtown. Used to be a dump but it has come a long way in recent years.

Reactions: Parkview57
I like that line because although Binghamton doesnt appear to be that bad, giving NW a game. Its still a team we can beat by 25-30 if we play well and NET will be beating off if that happens. NET loves blowouts.

Is this going to be your bit all season long?

is that Captain Binghamton

JOE%2BFLYNN%2BAS%2BBINGHAMTON.jpg

Joe Flynn, born in Youngstown, OH

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT