ADVERTISEMENT

Black Helmets?

Don’t know how to link pictures. But you can find what I’m talking about on Twitter.... the PITT football equipment page
That may be just some kind of "shell" for measurements/fittings, etc?
D8p7khMUwAE_ede.jpg

Reactions: Wildchild5343
Agree, but I do admit that I like when Iowa does their rotating section of black and yellow.
Let’s do the alternating blue and gold!
We just need to make sure that we get enough fans to make it work!

Don't wanna see any black, tbh. I think we finally got the colors right this time. I'd like to see them as much as possible, in some classy variations and combos.

I think it’s obvious there might be some black midnight variation based on all the information and shirt and ball cap designs we’ve seen... it’s included in the official guideline posted awhile back as well.

The single black helmet here doesn’t convince me though

The obligatory “black out” that every college footbsll and hoops team does. Great, very original.

This idea jumped the shark about 15 years ago.
Pitt would be better off going Blue- or Yellow- OUT.

I absolutely hated the black basketball unis where the PITT was in dark blue and you couldn't even see it.

Pitt would be better off going Blue- or Yellow- OUT.

I absolutely hated the black basketball unis where the PITT was in dark blue and you couldn't even see it.
yellow out? The jokes right themselves on that one. all blue would be cool but could you imagine how many different shades of blue would be scattered all thru the crowd? I myself have at least 4 different shades of blue with my pitt gear..

I don't care if they wear black helmets, as long as the helmets don't look crazy like Marylands

Only a fool would trot the Pitt team out there in black helmets. I trust that Heather is smarter than that. Her predecessors might have done it.

The all black unis for basketball were ok, kind of cool for a once a year thing given there are so many games. Wouldn't dig it for football personally, but hey, this is show biz and you need something to bring people in if you can't win.

The all black unis for basketball were ok, kind of cool for a once a year thing given there are so many games. Wouldn't dig it for football personally, but hey, this is show biz and you need something to bring people in if you can't win.

Uh uniforms are not going to bring people in. Winning brings them in. if you win enough, you make alternate uniforms so you can sell them. When you are average, you just look stupid trying this crap.

Reactions: NTOP
The black basketball jerseys where mainly bad, because you couldn't see the lettering "PITT" which was in a very dark navy blue over black, make the "PITT" a bright, lighter shade of blue or yellow, then it would have been OK.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT