ADVERTISEMENT

Bo Bassett

NAtiger112

Walk-on
Apr 15, 2019
Not sure if anyone has been following his recruitment at all, but he started with 80 schools and has been taking a few off every week.

He just released his latest list and Pitt is still in it, making it to the top 20.

• Air Force
  • Arizona State
  • Cornell
  • Iowa
  • Iowa State
  • Lehigh
  • Michigan
  • Missouri
  • NC State
  • Nebraska
  • Northern Iowa
  • Ohio State
  • Oklahoma State
  • Penn State
  • Pitt
  • Pitt-Johnstown
  • Princeton
  • Rutgers
  • Stanford
  • Virginia Tech

There is a fair amount of talk and speculation that he is going to PSU but Iowa or Okie State would not surprise me.

Jax is going to Okie State

I’m sure he is leaving UPJ since he is from Johnstown. Believe he is only one in that nationally recruited team from the area.

I’d be shocked if it’s not PSU, Iowa or Ok St.

Has to be highest NIL offer.

I’m sure he is leaving UPJ since he is from Johnstown. Believe he is only one in that nationally recruited team from the area.

I’d be shocked if it’s not PSU, Iowa or Ok St.

Has to be highest NIL offer.
I don't claim to know where he's going, but I have known Bo and his family for years. I'd say during that time Iowa, Ohio State and Penn State - in no particular order - have been his favorites. I think DT to Okie State definitely puts them in the mix, but I truly believe he hasn't made up his mind.
As for the highest offer, I'm not sure if that's true. I'd say it will be the best mix of NIL and the situation for him. If you're him and confident that you can reach your goals - which I'd think would be something insanely high like four undefeated seasons ending in titles plus an Olympic team spot - then that might outweigh an extra $50,000.
Also, UPJ is absolutely about being true to Johnstown, but there are still a bunch of local guys on that team. His cousin/adopted brother, Melvin Miller is, and his biological brother, Keegan, will be. Devon Magro and Owen McMullen are other local guys that will go D-I, following Erik and Mason Gibson. But, yes, there are quite a few guys who moved to Johnstown, with Jax Forrest, Sam Herring and Lincoln Sledzianowski being the biggest names.

Reactions: wrestlingfan22
Yeah I would agree overall it will be the best situation for him. I could see the draw to Ok St. Someone commented Jax going there although do not believe he announced.

I don’t know any of the kids from McCourt personally. Hats off to them. They were obviously have worked extremely hard to get to the level they have achieved. I actually have a difficult time understanding why they would want to compete against pubic schools when they are a nationally recruited team. I would think athletes at his level would want to take on similar nationally recruited teams such as Wyoming Sem or Malvern Prep.

I know the recruiting is in all high school sports and is nothing new. McCort has taken to another level. I dislike that schools that follow the rules have no chance at winning a state team title.

Guess I’m an old school guy. Always enjoyed wrestling as a sport that any small school could rally around. With enough hard work you could build a youth program, jr high and high school. Developing kids from your own school district to achieve team goals and become a great program.

Just my opinion. Have a great day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT