ADVERTISEMENT

AP Top 25 poll

Pitt coaches: fired.
LOL. So what exactly is Pitt paying its head coach 6 mill a year to do? Or more appropriately, Coach Narduzzi,

what-would-you-say-you-do-here-interview.gif

Reactions: cashisking884
Realistically, how many ACC teams would he start for?
Probably non as the outright starter entering camp. I think he could potentially win the job at Wake, Stanford, UVA, Duke, and Cal. I’m also not convinced Kyle McCord or Max Johnson are very good if not surrounded by multiple NFL draft picks. I guess we’ll find out.

Everyone on this board: "Kedon Slovis sucked. Phil Jurkovec sucked. Christian Veilleux sucked."

Pitt coaches: Had Nate Yarnell behind all of them.

It's ill-advised to pencil him in as anything but a question mark at this point.
That’s a fair point. I think Yarnell’s accuracy on intermediate throws will be an asset in this offense.

Probably non as the outright starter entering camp. I think he could potentially win the job at Wake, Stanford, UVA, Duke, and Cal. I’m also not convinced Kyle McCord or Max Johnson are very good if not surrounded by multiple NFL draft picks. I guess we’ll find out.
He wasn't even an outright starter at Pitt entering camp, bro. He wouldn't be an "outright starter entering camp" at most MAC schools based on his body of work to date. And he was an outright 3rd stringer behind two outright bums last year.

Pretty sure most rational football industry types would take their chances with McCord over Yarndizzle right now. McCord started an entire season at a premium program and put up good numbers.

Yarn showed some positives in those last 2 games against underwhelming opponents. That's a reason to be hopeful about him this season, but nowhere near a big enough or impressive enough sample size to anoint him as a starter anywhere.

He doesn’t start over Murphy at Duke.

McCord is a solid QB. Just not a QB that should be starting at OSU.

Yeah, I'm trying to think of who definitively has a worse QB than Yarnell. I (as well as Pat Narduzzi, I'm pretty confident) would take any of these guys over the ones we have:

Cade Klubnik, Clemson, Junior, QB
DJ Uiagalelei, Florida State, Redshirt Senior, QB
Haynes King, Georgia Tech, Redshirt Junior, QB
Cam Ward, Miami, Senior, QB
Grayson McCall, NC State, Graduate Student, QB
Preston Stone, SMU, Redshirt Junior, QB
Kyle McCord, Syracuse, Senior, QB
Kyron Drones, Virginia Tech, Redshirt Junior, QB

No idea who UNC's QB will be, but my goodness... do they ever not have a good QB? It's seldom. You can probably say the same for whomever Louisville's QB is under Brohm. Not sure who they're going with, but he always finds a guy.

Probably taking Castellnos over our guys, as he flashed some really high highs. TD:Int ratio left a lot to be desired, though.

I have no idea what Stanford and Cal have.

I liked what I saw - at least in spurts - from that UVA freshman last season, but I'm not sure whose in line to start for them.

Duke... Murphy is a high-ceiling guy who Pitt would have taken in a heartbeat.

Wake... like Stanford and Cal, not sure what they have. I'll take my chances with Clawson finding a QB over Narduzzi, though.

I’m not certain I agree that McCord is even a solid QB. He has trouble working through progressions, throws at receivers feet way too often, is not good on the run. Give most P5 QBs Marvin Harrison Jr. and Emeka Egbuka and they put up good numbers.

He wasn't even an outright starter at Pitt entering camp, bro. He wouldn't be an "outright starter entering camp" at most MAC schools based on his body of work to date. And he was an outright 3rd stringer behind two outright bums last year.

Pretty sure most rational football industry types would take their chances with McCord over Yarndizzle right now. McCord started an entire season at a premium program and put up good numbers.

Yarn showed some positives in those last 2 games against underwhelming opponents. That's a reason to be hopeful about him this season, but nowhere near a big enough or impressive enough sample size to anoint him as a starter anywhere.
Huh?

LOL. So what exactly is Pitt paying its head coach 6 mill a year to do? Or more appropriately, Coach Narduzzi,

what-would-you-say-you-do-here-interview.gif
It seems that missed the Cignetti and staff being fired.

You are now informed. No more excuses.

And the usual prophets of doom will be here to profess their negative wisdom.
I think they'll be 8-5 and Duzz gets a couple million raise. And the Bucs will win the World series.

The coaching staff that put Yarnell 3rd is gone.

The guy in the big chair was not.

When it was apparent to anyone with even a semi-functioning brain last year after no more than two games that the guy they were playing wasn't up to the job, it was incumbent on the guy who sits in the big chair to make sure that a change got made. And he didn't.

As always, the buck stops with the guy at the top, not one of his middle managers.

The guy in the big chair was not.

When it was apparent to anyone with even a semi-functioning brain last year after no more than two games that the guy they were playing wasn't up to the job, it was incumbent on the guy who sits in the big chair to make sure that a change got made. And he didn't.

As always, the buck stops with the guy at the top, not one of his middle managers.
You seemingly are unaware of the way the guy in the big chair operates. Let me help you:

And if there’s to be a switch at quarterback this week or in the future, it won’t be Narduzzi who will make that decision himself.

“I’m leaning on Frank (Cignetti Jr.) and the offensive staff to make the right decision and make decisions at every position,” Narduzzi said.

“I mean, those guys know better. I don’t sit in there. I spend 85% of my time in the defensive side of the room. In practice, I spend probably 85% of my time watching them because I know I’m going to watch it with the defense and watch it with the offense and making sure we’re getting what we need out there and seeing what the tempo of the practice is.”

I think Yarnell will be the least of our concerns. WR and DL have me worried a lot more.

We need splash plash, and WR and DL splash plays win you games. Nate just needs to get the ball out to the right place. He's capable of doing that.

You seemingly are unaware of the way the guy in the big chair operates. Let me help you:

And if there’s to be a switch at quarterback this week or in the future, it won’t be Narduzzi who will make that decision himself.

“I’m leaning on Frank (Cignetti Jr.) and the offensive staff to make the right decision and make decisions at every position,” Narduzzi said.

“I mean, those guys know better. I don’t sit in there. I spend 85% of my time in the defensive side of the room. In practice, I spend probably 85% of my time watching them because I know I’m going to watch it with the defense and watch it with the offense and making sure we’re getting what we need out there and seeing what the tempo of the practice is.”

I know what Narduzzi says. I also know who the boss is. If you want the head coach's salary you get the head coach's responsibilities. Whether you like it or not. A leader saying that it's someone else's call and not my fault is a leader who is ducking his responsibility. Or, if you prefer, not really a leader.

Reactions: cashisking884
I know what Narduzzi says. I also know who the boss is. If you want the head coach's salary you get the head coach's responsibilities. Whether you like it or not. A leader saying that it's someone else's call and not my fault is a leader who is ducking his responsibility. Or, if you prefer, not really a leader.

Or somebody who should just go ahead and spend the rest of the 15% of his time coaching the defense, and just be a Defensive Coordinator.

As a coach you can’t say, “I spend close to 100% of my time focusing on one aspect of the team. Whatever else happens with the other aspects is not my problem.”

You aren’t actually the *head* coach if that’s the case.

I guess you think that a HC should determine which player should be on the field at every position on every play, then. That seems a bit overly micro-managing to me. But the again, what would I know after a 30 year career in .... management.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
I think Yarnell will be the least of our concerns. WR and DL have me worried a lot more.

We need splash plash, and WR and DL splash plays win you games. Nate just needs to get the ball out to the right place. He's capable of doing that.

Lots of QBs are capable of being distributors. Doesn’t mean they aren’t a JAG.

Assuming NY can, is that still going to be enough to make the offense work? If the offensive personnel aren’t at a level where all it needs is a distributor at QB, should that be held against the QB or the rest of the personnel?

I guess you think that a HC should determine which player should be on the field at every position on every play, then. That seems a bit overly micro-managing to me. But the again, what would I know after a 30 year career in .... management.

That’s an appeal to something!!!!!!

You probably should wait for actual play to begin before jumping to conclusions based on preseason predictions from (ahem) "experts".
And yet you're proclaiming they're better than the rankings. How does work?

That isn't what I said at all, but congratulations on knocking down that straw man. I get that even fighting a straw man can be hard for some people.

Reactions: buckage
Lots of QBs are capable of being distributors. Doesn’t mean they aren’t a JAG.

Assuming NY can, is that still going to be enough to make the offense work? If the offensive personnel aren’t at a level where all it needs is a distributor at QB, should that be held against the QB or the rest of the personnel?
And lots aren't capable of being distributors.

I said I was concerned with the WRs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT