ADVERTISEMENT

Boo City, PA

vantheman1976

Redshirt
Apr 2, 2005
From Narduzzi's Monday pressor. Hoping someone is enterprising enough to have some t shirts made...could be a money maker. We're in Boo City. Boo City, PA

Are you at all concerned about Phil's psyche going into this game after having two rough games and he was booed -- well, there were boos from the home crowd --
Narduzzi
: Who were they booing? I think they were booing me, just so we're on the same page. Did they say boo, Phil, or boo, Coach? Like there was boos, so I don't know who they were at. At least from what I hear, because I don't hear those things with my headphones on, and I'm not sure our kids really do, either.

I'm sure someone said something to him or to me or whatever and said there was boos. I think there was boos in the first game someone said, correct? We're in Boo City. Boo City, PA.

But again, I think we talked about that a week ago or two weeks ago. I don't know when it was. But hey, it is what it is. If that's what they want to do, that's great. Should not affect us or our psyche.

From Narduzzi's Monday pressor. Hoping someone is enterprising enough to have some t shirts made...could be a money maker. We're in Boo City. Boo City, PA

Are you at all concerned about Phil's psyche going into this game after having two rough games and he was booed -- well, there were boos from the home crowd --
Narduzzi
: Who were they booing? I think they were booing me, just so we're on the same page. Did they say boo, Phil, or boo, Coach? Like there was boos, so I don't know who they were at. At least from what I hear, because I don't hear those things with my headphones on, and I'm not sure our kids really do, either.

I'm sure someone said something to him or to me or whatever and said there was boos. I think there was boos in the first game someone said, correct? We're in Boo City. Boo City, PA.

But again, I think we talked about that a week ago or two weeks ago. I don't know when it was. But hey, it is what it is. If that's what they want to do, that's great. Should not affect us or our psyche.
Duzz mocking the fans isn't a good look. He needs any good will he can get. If he trots out number 5 again, he's basically vandalizing the program for his ego or for spite.
But really, he never really says anything of substance. I don't think he has any answers. He is completely dependent on his OC, who really sucks. Best option might be bringing back the quick kick.

But he is right about hearing the boos and affecting the psyche of the players. They shouldn't notice it during play. If they do, they are not playing at the correct level.

Narduzzi

Agree that some Boo City shirts in Pitt colors and scipt would kill it. I would be first in line for one of those--and I live in Michigan.

Agree that some Boo City shirts in Pitt colors and scipt would kill it. I would be first in line for one of those--and I live in Michigan.
It’s a horrible thing for our coach to say. Not that opposing coaches have to worry about Narduzzi when recruiting QBs, but if I’m a coach, I’d be reminding recruits that Pat himself calls Pittsburgh boo city.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT