ADVERTISEMENT

Bracket Matrix updated (not good)

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
The scoring margin destroyed us. We dropped 4 spots to the 2nd to last team in.

Last 4 Byes
Prov
NC St
USU
PSU

Dayton
Miss St
Rutgers
Pitt
ASU

First 3 out (only 3 appear on more than 1 of the 93)

Nevada
Ok St
Clemson

But keep in mind, CUSA, Oregon, Vandy, Ohio State, or Clemson can steal a bid.

Some of these still seem to be lagging if you spot check the dates. Not that that’s good.

Some of these still seem to be lagging if you spot check the dates. Not that that’s good.

In 42 of 59 that updated today.

But ASU is in 45 of 59 that updated today so we are only ahead of them based on the laggers. So when everyone updates, we'll probably be the last team in. And if even 1 of these bid stealers make it.....NIT.

I would still have us ahead of NC St, Prov, USU, but no one else does.

In 42 of 59 that updated today.

But ASU is in 45 of 59 that updated today so we are only ahead of them based on the laggers. So when everyone updates, we'll probably be the last team in. And if even 1 of these bid stealers make it.....NIT.

I would still have us ahead of NC St, Prov, USU, but no one else does.
Palm and Decourcy still have Pitt in a bye position today. I don’t think people know what to do with Pitt, NC State or Clemson. But all 3 likely won’t make it.

The scoring margin destroyed us. We dropped 4 spots to the 2nd to last team in.

Last 4 Byes
Prov
NC St
USU
PSU

Dayton
Miss St
Rutgers
Pitt
ASU

First 3 out (only 3 appear on more than 1 of the 93)

Nevada
Ok St
Clemson

But keep in mind, CUSA, Oregon, Vandy, Ohio State, or Clemson can steal a bid.
We said don’t get boat raced, but alas…
You should get matrix to publish your bracket

How much sleep are you guys losing over trying to figure this out, but I will say this, the way pitt played the last 5 games they don’t deserve the NCAA, or the NIT

Out of curiosity how much did NC State drop after getting blown out by a lesser opponent than Duke?

Palm and Decourcy still have Pitt in a bye position today. I don’t think people know what to do with Pitt, NC State or Clemson. But all 3 likely won’t make it.

That's what makes this all kind of stupid. There really are no right or wrong answers on some level. It's just a male soap opera.

Feels like forever since we've been on the bubble. When I was a kind, I remember us being on the bubble (or at least close to it) the year we lost to Utah.

If Pitt does get to Dayton the committee places those first four teams close (Columbus region) to cut down travel issues.

I can’t understand what is good about NC state’s resume and why they seem to be a lock.

OOC:
Best win: Vandy at home
Neutral Loss to Kansas

Other notable wins: Dayton

They didn’t play a tough schedule at all.

In ACC play:
Notable Wins: Home: Miami, UNC, Duke
Away: VT, Wake

In comparison, Pitt has 2 better road wins (NC state, UNC) than any of that. And Pitt has both those home wins + UVA instead of duke.

Notable Losses: Clemson 3 - home, away, neutral (by a combined 65 points)
Pitt at home

That’s it. No bad losses but not many good wins and 0-4 against the other 2 ACC bubble teams - and only 1 of the 4 was on the road. They finished 2 games behind both of them as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: gary2
That's what makes this all kind of stupid. There really are no right or wrong answers on some level. It's just a male soap opera.

Feels like forever since we've been on the bubble. When I was a kind, I remember us being on the bubble (or at least close to it) the year we lost to Utah.
And they got destroyed by Karl Malone etc and ripped locally as in they really didn’t deserve it.

I can’t understand what is good about NC state’s resume and why they seem to be a lock.

OOC:
Best win: Vandy at home
Neutral Loss to Kansas

Other notable wins: Dayton

They didn’t play a tough schedule at all.

In ACC play:
Notable Wins: Home: Miami, UNC, Duke
Away: VT, Wake

In comparison, Pitt has 2 better road wins (NC state, UNC) than any of that. And Pitt has both those home wins + UVA instead of duke.

Notable Losses: Clemson 3 - home, away, neutral (by a combined 65 points)
Pitt at home

That’s it. No bad losses but not many good wins and 0-4 against the other 2 ACC bubble teams - and only 1 of the 4 was on the road. They finished 2 games behind both of them as well.

And you didnt even list our W at NW.

I have Pitt and Clemson over NC State. I may be wrong but I cant put them in over those 2. Yea, Clemson has 4 Q3/4 losses but NC State has 3 Clemson losses. That's more important.

Reactions: MTkeeper23
And they got destroyed by Karl Malone etc and ripped locally as in they really didn’t deserve it.

I was like 8. I just remember us losing to Syracuse or something at the end of the season and me pouting as my dad told me we probably wouldn't get in.

Then I remember watching the Utah game at my grandparents' house. I want to say it was late at night, but I'm probably wrong about that. Especially because I thought I remembered Keith Van Horn going off on us, but it looks like he wasn't even at Utah yet. The memory is a funny thing.

More updates. Still 2nd to last in.

Pitt in 76 of 108
ASU in 71

Interestingly, some are catching on to NC St as they are only in 95 of 108, which is the 3rd worst even though they are 7th from the cut line on the aggregate.

Nevada in 49
OK St 38
Clemson 13

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT