ADVERTISEMENT

Brandin Knight isn't even a good assistant coach

..he is not going to be a head coach any time soon.

Great player.. lousy recruiter and coach.

It is ok. It doesnt diminish Brandin's career here.

Wayne Gretzky sucked as a hockey coach too.
I wouldn’t say it so bluntly, but yeah, he is unproven as an assistant and shouldn’t sniff a head coaching job unless it’s NJIT or Longwood.

I gotta say, I need to thank the poster who originally brought this up in another thread
I was all ready to send a few bucks in yesterday, till I was reminded that hiring Knight wasn’t outside the realm of possibility. Think the safer play would be to wait until the new hire is announced

I think it is hard to know. I'm not for Brandin Knight, I'm not against it. I hope that whoever we hire is because they came to their interview with a vision for how to improve the programs recruiting, performance, and perception. I want a coach with a vision, who demonstrates that they can articulate it to players and their family, and who can bring in respected and strong recruiting assistants.

I imagine that there are better options than Brandin for that, but I also dont know that he can't provide that, it is really hard to know if assistants can be good HCs.

Reactions: PantherO
I think it is hard to know. I'm not for Brandin Knight, I'm not against it. I hope that whoever we hire is because they came to their interview with a vision for how to improve the programs recruiting, performance, and perception. I want a coach with a vision, who demonstrates that they can articulate it to players and their family, and who can bring in respected and strong recruiting assistants.

I imagine that there are better options than Brandin for that, but I also dont know that he can't provide that, it is really hard to know if assistants can be good HCs.
If Knight is such a hot prospect as some of you think he is, then why didn't he follow Dixon to TCU? I mean, you see this all the time. The head coach moves and his top, trusted assistant follows. Hell, it happened with Stallings bringing Richardson; Dixon with Howland, etc.

Reactions: Black_Man_Panther
If Knight is such a hot prospect as some of you think he is, then why didn't he follow Dixon to TCU? I mean, you see this all the time. The head coach moves and his top, trusted assistant follows. Hell, it happened with Stallings bringing Richardson; Dixon with Howland, etc.

How the hell did you get "hot prospect" out of what he posted. It wasn't even an endorsement of Knight

How the hell did you get "hot prospect" out of what he posted. It wasn't even an endorsement of Knight
No saying you were implying that, I was speaking more generally to those on this board who see him as a legitimate candidate.

Brandin should apply for a head coaching position at a lower division and get some W's on his resume.

I think if you read my post I wasn't saying he is a hot prospect. That said, he chose to branch out and coach with someone else. Dixon did offer him a slot. probably best for both of them. I am not for or against Knight, I want someone with a clear vision and the energy to enact it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT