ADVERTISEMENT

Brandon Johnson is visiting Pitt April 12

Man this is potentially a big one and I want this guy. He's also visiting Miami.

Confirmed by on3.

But now we are serious contender getting a visit. Huge visits with Johnson and Derek Dixon in at the same time.

We had a very good hit rate on guys who visited but didnt land Girard or Toussaint last year. We dance if we landed one of those 2. Maybe Touissant didn't visit.

Reactions: jctrack
We had a very good hit rate on guys who visited but didnt land Girard or Toussaint last year. We dance if we landed one of those 2. Maybe Touissant didn't visit.

Im wondering if there are more going to come in on this exact same day. It would probably be a real good thing if we have Cummings / Thomas down there too along with a quality center. Im sure Cummings at least would show up.

Reactions: Pittisit4me
Man this is potentially a big one and I want this guy. He's also visiting Miami.

Confirmed by on3.

But now we are serious contender getting a visit. Huge visits with Johnson and Derek Dixon in at the same time.
Sight unseen, IMO we need a post who has the reach, bulk and hops to play equal to a decent 6-10 or taller post. A 6-8 power forward won't do unless he has the bulk and reach and hops to compete evenly with a 6-10 or taller opponent.

Sight unseen, IMO we need a post who has the reach, bulk and hops to play equal to a decent 6-10 or taller post. A 6-8 power forward won't do unless he has the bulk and reach and hops to compete evenly with a 6-10 or taller opponent.
He’s not a post player. He’s as close as you’ll get to a Blake Hinson replacement.

Right. We'll need to add a center too.
Sure. It’s just easy to fall into the trap of saying, “Fede’s gone, so how does each individual target fit into that hole?” When really, they’re filling a few different spots at the same time, with guys who operate on their own individual timelines. They might grab a guard commitment before they get anyone else, but it doesn’t mean that’s the biggest need or they aren’t prioritizing the other spots.

Personally though…I think filling Blake’s 100+ made three’s is a whole lot more important than a 5. The roster isn’t going anywhere if they don’t have players who can make shots from 1-4. The 5 doesn’t matter unless you get the other spots right, especially since we’ve already got two 5’s on the roster.

Do the names Blair and Clancey ring a bell ?

The staff is going to take a 4 AND a 5. If you think the staff is going to take 2 more 5's with Kante and Guillermo on the team, that isn't happening.

We certainly will be adding 1 center.

Sure. It’s just easy to fall into the trap of saying, “Fede’s gone, so how does each individual target fit into that hole?” When really, they’re filling a few different spots at the same time, with guys who operate on their own individual timelines. They might grab a guard commitment before they get anyone else, but it doesn’t mean that’s the biggest need or they aren’t prioritizing the other spots.

Personally though…I think filling Blake’s 100+ made three’s is a whole lot more important than a 5. The roster isn’t going anywhere if they don’t have players who can make shots from 1-4. The 5 doesn’t matter unless you get the other spots right, especially since we’ve already got two 5’s on the roster.
I think most would argue that we don't have any 5s on the roster (at least true 5s).

I think most would argue that we don't have any 5s on the roster (at least true 5s).
I think they’d be incorrect. There’s no universe where Papa Kante is anything other than a true 5. He is just coming off an injury which presents question marks. But he’s a 5 as clear as the day is long.

And I don’t really understand why so many Pitt fans try to argue that Guillermo is anything other than a 5. He’s thin? The fact that he can actually shoot? But the 5 is the only position that he’s ever played, it’s the position that he played at IMG and with the Spanish national team, it’s the position he’s played for 99.9% of his college minutes, and it’s the position that he clearly knows and is most comfortable with playing. I don’t care if he’s thin and can shoot - he plays like a 5. He’s a 5.

I think it’s a risk the staff takes if they can get their shooters. At the end of the year, this team beats Mizz and Cuse twice. So that leaves UNCx2, Duke, Clemson x2, Miami, wake losses. How many do we win with a true 5 versus a clutch shooter?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT