ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking News - Stiller Game Postponed

Just goes to show people throw the word ‘expert’ around to loosely when the supposed expert Gene Steratore didn’t think that was PI.

Reactions: DruidTM
The old refs in the booth aren’t going to call out their buddies when they f’up.
I don’t know, they seem to do it quite often (question the call on the field). But on that one, just can’t see how ole Gene doesn’t think that warranted PI.

So the Steelers give up 30+ in a playoff game while losing the turnover battle and went down 21-0. Haven't seen that one before.

So every player who has ever bitched after a bad call is a cancer. Got it.
Bitched? No

Throw your helmet at the bench and yell “Fock Y’all” so clearly the entire country sees it?

Maybe don’t fumble away 7 points Pickens.

Quit making excuses… this guy has been a clownshow all year.

• Haha
Reactions: jtownknowitall
Bitched? No

Throw your helmet at the bench and yell “Fock Y’all” so clearly the entire country sees it?

Maybe don’t fumble away 7 points Pickens.

Quit making excuses… this guy has been a clownshow all year.
Two things we have learned about Pickens these 2 years. He has a lot of natural talent. Game breaking talent. He is also very emotional and immature that can effect his play on the field ( inexcusable ) and off.

Maybe some kind of therapy is in need. Hate to give up on him too soon.

Reactions: Chaos
Anyone want to talk about the Tomlin postgame presser? Was asked about his contract/future towards the end and he bolted out of there.

Reactions: Conemaugh
Assuming Tomlin returns, I think this team is closer to contending than some people think. They improved on last year’s record and made the playoffs. I don’t call that a ‘W’, but it’s progress. I think the three biggest issues they need to address are:

1. Need to get the OC hire right. Not sure if that’s an up-and-comer, someone established, or someone who might be let go in the next few days. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see other staff changes on the offensive side of the ball as well.

2. Need to solidify the QB position. Maybe that’s signing Russell Wilson, maybe that’s making a trade for Tua. Perhaps it’s Kenny bouncing back in a big way in year three. Either way, they can’t do what they did this year (start three different QBs) and expect to win.

3. Upgrade the center position. Mason Cole can not be the starting center in 2024. Not sure whether they need to draft one in the first round or sign a starting-caliber player, but the offensive line’s pass blocking woes begin with him.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
Assuming Tomlin returns, I think this team is closer to contending than some people think. They improved on last year’s record and made the playoffs. I don’t call that a ‘W’, but it’s progress. I think the three biggest issues they need to address are:

1. Need to get the OC hire right. Not sure if that’s an up-and-comer, someone established, or someone who might be let go in the next few days. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see other staff changes on the offensive side of the ball as well.

2. Need to solidify the QB position. Maybe that’s signing Russell Wilson, maybe that’s making a trade for Tua. Perhaps it’s Kenny bouncing back in a big way in year three. Either way, they can’t do what they did this year (start three different QBs) and expect to win.

3. Upgrade the center position. Mason Cole can not be the starting center in 2024. Not sure whether they need to draft one in the first round or sign a starting-caliber player, but the offensive line’s pass blocking woes begin with him.
I'd take Kenny and/or Rudy over either Wilson or Tua.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
I'd take Kenny and/or Rudy over either Wilson or Tua.
Russell Wilson is washed soon
He’s $85 mil in dead cap space waiting
Tua has $23mil in dead cap space next year then UFA after that .

I’d say a Minshew or even Tyler Huntley would be a better bet if they cut Mitch and take his dead cap space .

It really isn't. If you want to argue that a new OC and a washed up QB and a better center puts you in a better place, that's fine. The consistently poor preparation and inability to utilize top talent effectively enough to win isn't a new problem. Tomlin won't win another championship in Pittsburgh. His best chance is to inherit a SB ready team and not screw it up.

Also, trading for a top QB is a really bad idea. Not sure how many times we have to watch a franchise eat itself alive before people understand that you just have to give up too much to make it work. Besides, Miami ain't trading Tua.

Also, trading for a top QB is a really bad idea. Not sure how many times we have to watch a franchise eat itself alive before people understand that you just have to give up too much to make it work. Besides, Miami ain't trading Tua.
The Rams won a Super Bowl after trading for a top QB.

The Chiefs, Ravens, and Bills all paid their top QBs and they are 3 of the final 4 in the AFC. Detroit traded for a top QB and they are in the final 4 in the NFC.

The Rams won a Super Bowl after trading for a top QB.

The Chiefs, Ravens, and Bills all paid their top QBs and they are 3 of the final 4 in the AFC. Detroit traded for a top QB and they are in the final 4 in the NFC.
The rams also went to the Super Bowl with Goff before the trade , who also just won the first playoff game for Detroit in 40 years
So-
Not exactly the same context

Miami isn't trading Tua, certainly not for anything that the Stillers would be willing to give up. And Wilson is so good that Denver is willing to take an $85 million dead cap hit on their salary cap and pay him $39 million in real cash to be rid of him. If they cut him and you can bring him in on a $1 million or $2 million deal then sure, why not? Because if he stinks for you you don't really owe him anything. But you can't trade for him, and you certainly can't pay him real money to come here, because either of those is asking for trouble.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT