ADVERTISEMENT

Bub gone?

The haves are the teams with the money . Think Pitts NIL kitty is similar to UConn , Alabama, NCS and Purdue ?

The NIL is relatively new to college athletics and the best way to use the NIL and the portal are an ongoing learning experience. Hurley has it down while Cal seems clueless and it cost him his job . He won’t make that mistake at Arkansas.

Teams with the cash will dominate in the long run . There always will be exceptions . But you don’t seem to understand his !

Think JC didn’t want a dominant big last season , sure he did , but he didn’t have the cash to buy one .

Programs like Kentucky, Kansas , Duke etc won’t take long to fill out their rosters with the best available portal guys that money can buy and they will outbid lesser programs for them . They also have the cash to retain their best players .

Schools like Texas with large NIL kitties won’t be too far behind .

The elites with cash and schools with large booster groups will dominate and why would they want to change the system it’s rigged in their favor . Why would the players want the system to change their free agents every yr .
Don’t think Purdue is a great example. Edey got paid a ton, but he generated most of that money himself based on Being The Biggest Human In The Sport moreso than Purdue’s collective paying him a bundle to play for Purdue.

You are so close to understanding this, and yet so far away.

So NIL and the portal are going to favor the basketball blue bloods over everyone else. You know, a basketball blue blood like Texas.

The haves are the teams with the money . Think Pitts NIL kitty is similar to UConn , Alabama, NCS and Purdue ?

The NIL is relatively new to college athletics and the best way to use the NIL and the portal are an ongoing learning experience. Hurley has it down while Cal seems clueless and it cost him his job . He won’t make that mistake at Arkansas.

Teams with the cash will dominate in the long run . There always will be exceptions . But you don’t seem to understand his !

Think JC didn’t want a dominant big last season , sure he did , but he didn’t have the cash to buy one .

Programs like Kentucky, Kansas , Duke etc won’t take long to fill out their rosters with the best available portal guys that money can buy and they will outbid lesser programs for them . They also have the cash to retain their best players .

The elites with cash and schools with large booster groups will dominate and why would they want to change the system it’s rigged in their favor . Why would the players want the system to change their free agents every yr .
PSN interviewed Capel and one takeaway I had on that was the Pitt is sort of at a disadvantage in 2 ways with NIL. We're never going to have the money that some of the big-name schools have to fund both bball and football. And at the same time, we are competing against basketball-only schools which can use all their NIL on just hoops. We are kind of caught in-between. We want to be competitive in the 2 big sports, but it will be a challenge for us to succeed at that given where we are right now.

You are so close to understanding this, and yet so far away.

So NIL and the portal are going to favor the basketball blue bloods over everyone else. You know, a basketball blue blood like Texas.
How’s your reading comprehension ?

I said schools like Texas who have an abundance of cash will be able to buy all the talent they want . Where did I call them a blue blood ?

How’s your reading comprehension ?

I said schools like Texas who have an abundance of cash will be able to buy all the talent they want . Where did I call them a blue blood ?

My reading comprehension is just fine. Your comprehension of the way things are on the other hand, not so much.

You have argued all thread long that this system is and will continue to benefit the top schools. In fact, it does no such thing. It benefits the schools that pay the most. If that school is Kentucky, great. If that school is Texas, great. If that school is Pitt, great.

ANYONE who spends the money can compete now. It simply was not that way previously.

My reading comprehension is just fine. Your comprehension of the way things are on the other hand, not so much.

You have argued all thread long that this system is and will continue to benefit the top schools. In fact, it does no such thing. It benefits the schools that pay the most. If that school is Kentucky, great. If that school is Texas, great. If that school is Pitt, great.

ANYONE who spends the money can compete now. It simply was not that way previously.
And guess who can afford to spend the most ?

Let’s take a little quiz shall we …what school do you think will generate more NIL money ?

Pitt vs Kentucky
Pitt vs Duke
Pitt vs Kansas
Pitt vs UNC /NCS
Pitt vs Miami
Pitt vs Clemson
Pitt vs Virginia
Pitt vs UConn
Pitt vs Texas
Pitt vs any SEC OR Big Ten school
Pitt vs RMU
Pitt vs IUP

Can you see a trend there ? Let me help you out the blue bloods ( who have large booster involvement) and schools that aren’t blue bloods who have large booster groups ( the haves )

And guess who can afford to spend the most ?

Let’s take a little quiz shall we …what school do you think will generate more NIL money ?

Pitt vs Kentucky
Pitt vs Duke
Pitt vs Kansas
Pitt vs UNC /NCS
Pitt vs Miami
Pitt vs Clemson
Pitt vs Virginia
Pitt vs UConn
Pitt vs Texas
Pitt vs any SEC OR Big Ten school
Pitt vs RMU
Pitt vs IUP

Can you see a trend there ? Let me help you out the blue bloods ( who have large booster involvement) and schools that aren’t blue bloods who have large booster groups ( the haves )

We just saw one of the top coaches in all of basketball leave the bluest of blue blood to go to a decidedly not blue blood, with the promise of giant bags of NIL money. We've just seen three schools this year and three schools last year who are decidedly not blue bloods make the Final Four.

Anyone who has fans who are willing to pony up the money can be an NIL leader. Soon, SMU is going to be a leader in the ACC. How blue is their blood?

It's like you can't understand the difference between what has gone on and how the future is going to be different. Everyone thinks the NIL is completely changing college athletics. Except for you. You think it's just more of the same.

Actually, it's pretty much always been that way. Whether it was money from boosters, or contacts through AAU, or shoe companies. The blue bloods didn't become blue bloods by not spending money.

...UNLV, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Memphis, Arizona, Florida, UMass, UConn all crashed the party in the past by spending money.

Actually, it's pretty much always been that way. Whether it was money from boosters, or contacts through AAU, or shoe companies. The blue bloods didn't become blue bloods by not spending money.

...UNLV, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Memphis, Arizona, Florida, UMass, UConn all crashed the party in the past by spending money.

And now it's even easier for anyone who wants to to do the same.

Some people appear to not understand the difference between a school (and their boosters) not being allowed to do something as opposed the them just deciding not to do them. Pitt boosters absolutely could spend as much money on NIL as anyone else. Pitt boosters, however don't spend that kind of money. Not because they CAN'T. Because they WON'T. There's a difference.

I'll tell you one thing, if I hit one of the billion dollar Powerballs, Pitt will be in the Final Four and CFP soon enough

And I think that is the point some are making here, while the blue bloods are still getting recruits because they have money to spend, any non-blue blood with even just one big donor can get in the high-end now

Reactions: Joe the Panther Fan
I'll tell you one thing, if I hit one of the billion dollar Powerballs, Pitt will be in the Final Four and CFP soon enough

And I think that is the point some are making here, while the blue bloods are still getting recruits because they have money to spend, any non-blue blood with even just one big donor can get in the high-end now
That’s a pretty good way to put it.

I dont know why the Koch brothers dont spend like $10 million/year on player salaries. Wichita could have a Top 5 program. Same goes for other billionaires. Lets say you are some billionaire who is an RMU or USC-Upstate, or Western Illinois alum and also a basketball fan. Why not drop $5 million-$10 million per year on players and your school can be the next Gonzaga.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT