ADVERTISEMENT

Bye Week Wish List

DevilDog444

Scholarship
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2023
Trying to keep things within the realm of likely, I've got a list of things that I'd like to see from Pitt this bye week.

1. Rest and recover - Put Reid in bubble wrap, put Biles in a hyperbaric chamber etc. Just have to get ourselves healthy because it'll be 6 in a row, no breaks.

2. Pass game tweak - give Eli a solution for flooding the middle zone because we won't survive another game like that. I know that options were there, but we will see defenses at this level at least against UVA and Clemson, so give him a better solution if teams are flooding the middle.

3. Continue working Hammond in - we need his ability to get 2yds if only 1 is available. Reid is awesome, we just need a bit of a changeup.

4. Continue to focus on cleaning up the defensive penalties.

With how the defense seems to be rounding into shape over the last 2 weeks, no real notes other than to keep improving as they play more and we get our DT rotation healthy.

No real hope for any kind of a step change on the OL, just steady the ship where you can, and then understand that limitation for this year.

As you would expect from a 6-0 team, there are things to improve on, but nothing wholesale.

H2P

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.