ADVERTISEMENT

Can someone tell me how to phonetically pronounce Veilleux's name?

jivecat

Senior
Jul 5, 2001
I know I am butchering it and people think I am talking about a third line goon from the 1978 Montreal Canadians team and not the PITT starting QB.

he's "the psu kid" until i am confident he is a legit P5 qb. then and only then, i'll worry about if i want to sound out an R in his name.

• Haha
Reactions: 303vND

Seems to me that his Dad knows how to pronounce the name but he doesn’t. It means Night Light. Why don’t we just call him Christian Nightlight.

It's vey-youuu in French. No French person would pronounce it vay-air.

He wants to be different which is fine, but it's not some secret European French pronunciation.

Reactions: chirurgo
And here I was apparently wrong when pronouncing his name as ‘Jurkovec’ the first part of the Season 🫤.

I just hope to pronounce his name as ‘ACC Champion Quarterback’ eventually.

Reactions: chirurgo
It's vey-youuu in French. No French person would pronounce it vay-air.

He wants to be different which is fine, but it's not some secret European French pronunciation.
But he's not French, he's Quebecois! He said both his parents spoke French in the home so they probably told him to say it in that weird ass way. Thankfully I don't think it's a problem in the huddle.

I find it funny that French people cannot understand French Canadians when they speak. French people effectively call them hilljacks when they speak.
I've forgotten most of the French I ever learned. The problem for me was that actual French speakers spoke at a rapid-fire pace, faster than I could think in French or English.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT