ADVERTISEMENT

Can we fire Whipple now?

Narduzzi has 2 choices

1) Overhaul the offensive staff. Keep Beatty for recruiting.

2) If he doesn’t and keeps this offensive staff in tact, then it is just a matter of time.

Last edited:
How some of you guys are still giving the head coach a pass on this garbage 6 years in is just remarkable. “Fire Whipple-that’ll fix it. Fire Watson! Get new assistants!”

How about you take the guy who’s responsible for all of it-and show him the back door. This isn’t year 3, it’s year 6. And it’s the same old shit. Poor execution, dumb penalties, no offense, no creativity, disorganization, inconsistency, lack of a master plan, lack of direction, lack of identity, etc etc. I mean, how is it that this is OK with some of you? How is it you don’t see the stubborn knucklehead at the top as the overarching problem?

Well, the offense definitely has its warts. But there’s a lot of room to point that finger in other directions as well. There’s that ‘baddest cat on the block’ defense that hasn’t been so stellar the last two weeks. Going into these past 2 games, most would have thought the defense would have carried us to 2 wins even if the offense struggled. And it’s not like the offense was coughing the ball up and putting the defense in bad position.

We’re unfortunately starting to see some chinks in the defense’s armor.

Well, the offense definitely has its warts. But there’s a lot of room to point that finger in other directions as well. There’s that ‘baddest cat on the block’ defense that hasn’t been so stellar the last two weeks. Going into these past 2 games, most would have thought the defense would have carried us to 2 wins even if the offense struggled. And it’s not like the offense was coughing the ball up and putting the defense in bad position.

We’re unfortunately starting to see some chinks in the defense’s armor.
Yea you are right but I don't know if it is the scheme or players. Us continuing to leave our corners on an island is like Thanksgiving to good quarterbacks.

Reactions: Large Panther
How some of you guys are still giving the head coach a pass on this garbage 6 years in is just remarkable. “Fire Whipple-that’ll fix it. Fire Watson! Get new assistants!”

How about you take the guy who’s responsible for all of it-and show him the back door. This isn’t year 3, it’s year 6. And it’s the same old shit. Poor execution, dumb penalties, no offense, no creativity, disorganization, inconsistency, lack of a master plan, lack of direction, lack of identity, etc etc. I mean, how is it that this is OK with some of you? How is it you don’t see the stubborn knucklehead at the top as the overarching problem?
That might be a viable option if we were bringing revenue into the program. Pretty tough to swallow his contract unless the boosters cover the cost. I don’t necessarily disagree with you, but trying to provide a realistic way to improve the situation.

That might be a viable option if we were bringing revenue into the program. Pretty tough to swallow his contract unless the boosters cover the cost. I don’t necessarily disagree with you, but trying to provide a realistic way to improve the situation.
And I understand that side of it too-as well as the idea that the program needs stability.

But this guy doesn’t have it as a head coach-and he never will. His teams are a clown show of disorganization, dumb mistakes, baffling coaching decisions and time management, and poor execution every year. His recruiting has also been below the line necessary to compete with good P5 teams. Unfortunately I think we’ve seen the ceiling for him, and it’s low.

And I understand that side of it too-as well as the idea that the program needs stability.

But this guy doesn’t have it as a head coach-and he never will. His teams are a clown show of disorganization, dumb mistakes, baffling coaching decisions and time management, and poor execution every year. His recruiting has also been below the line necessary to compete with good P5 teams. Unfortunately I think we’ve seen the ceiling for him, and it’s low.
The glass is half full Pitt fan in me says a fresh new innovative offensive staff that can recruit combined with a pretty good defensive staff could get us to 9 wins. The analytical football fan in me says I’ve seen enough and he will not win more than 8 games because the other teams in the ACC are getting better.

PN needed to replace Borbely and Salem last year. Whipple was a crony hire from the get go. The lack of development of the OL is just pathetic and inexcusable

Like Watson, he’s doing the best with the talent he has to work with. Pitt has a few P5 players, but not many.

Yeah...but that’s because she was trying to save face for Gallagher’s fiasco with Barnes and Stallings.
Yep and it could get interesting if PN doesn't turn this around. 2 loses by 2 pts but these games shouldn't of been close. We should be undefeated but just watch us upset a team we're not suppose to beat.

Well-stated. We needed to be 5-0 to face the very difficult games to come.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT