ADVERTISEMENT

Aliquippa's Cam Lindsay

ChiefJusticeMarshall

Freshman
Gold Member
Jun 14, 2020
Another State Title for him! Aliquippa won the 3A State BB title today!!! Congrats to him. Why am I posting this? Aside from being a Pitt recruit...

Cam stayed in High School. In this annoying trend of kids bailing out on their second semester of Sr year in High School to start football (I mean classes) at dear ol' State U........they are missing out on what should be one of the greatest times of your life. So many of these kids have worked hard in these communities and schools, and they don't even get to enjoy it because Father Football calls and demands their undivided attention.

I hope future highly recruited players see this and realize, "you know, it can wait" and live your life, enjoy your high school career and celebrate and have your best moments with your buddies who you grew up with. You will never, ever, get this back.

And a **** you to those College coaches who push these kids into doing this. Selfish pricks.

It's a noble message you posted. Why so pissed though? Some of those recruits enter college early by their own choice to begin their college academic and athletic endeavors.

Another State Title for him! Aliquippa won the 3A State BB title today!!! Congrats to him. Why am I posting this? Aside from being a Pitt recruit...

Cam stayed in High School. In this annoying trend of kids bailing out on their second semester of Sr year in High School to start football (I mean classes) at dear ol' State U........they are missing out on what should be one of the greatest times of your life. So many of these kids have worked hard in these communities and schools, and they don't even get to enjoy it because Father Football calls and demands their undivided attention.

I hope future highly recruited players see this and realize, "you know, it can wait" and live your life, enjoy your high school career and celebrate and have your best moments with your buddies who you grew up with. You will never, ever, get this back.

And a **** you to those College coaches who push these kids into doing this. Selfish pricks.
You are right. I’m sure he will have cherished memories for the rest of his life and a whole lot of gold medals. He has to be one of the more distinguished athletes with all his titles.

I don't feel that same way as you about the college football coaches, but I do think it's wonderful to see these kids stay in school and play multiple sports. Heck, Cam should think about going out for the baseball team IMO.

Congrats to him and that’s cool. But as a Pitt football fan on a Pitt basketball message board I don’t give a crap about a HS basketball state title.

Nobody looks back as high school being the best times of your life
Except those who didn’t do much else in life
Let’s be hones
I think that is cliche. Because they should have been....that and college that last really serious responsibility wise parts of our lives. While those responsibilities often come with rewards, the innocence and hope plus just the overall frivolity was some pretty happy times.

And nowadays almost everyone redshirts anyway because they give you 3-4 games to play for free PLUS the bowl exhibition game. I dont like to see good basketball players leave HS for Spring Practice. If its a big-time recruit who has a chance to be the starting QB, ok, fine but these other guys, just stay in HS. Its your senior year. You'll probably be playing college football for 7, 8, 9 years anyway with all the waivers the NCAA grants.

And nowadays almost everyone redshirts anyway because they give you 3-4 games to play for free PLUS the bowl exhibition game. I dont like to see good basketball players leave HS for Spring Practice. If its a big-time recruit who has a chance to be the starting QB, ok, fine but these other guys, just stay in HS. Its your senior year. You'll probably be playing college football for 7, 8, 9 years anyway with all the waivers the NCAA grants.
My point.

How about this - don't generalize about people.

Not everyone agrees that their HS years are great or they simply want to move on. Thank God that every individual can decide for himself what is best for him.

Reactions: ShipofFools
How about this - don't generalize about people.

Not everyone agrees that their HS years are great or they simply want to move on. Thank God that every individual can decide for himself what is best for him.
Thank you Mr. Closer. And believe it or not, we don't really need to hear your opinion on every thread. We can manage well enough.

They, especially being popular, are missing out on some of the best times of your life. You can never get that back.
No but some are hoping to cash in a big NFL check earlier so they can have an even better time of their life going forward,

2A title.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT