ADVERTISEMENT

Canes -5.5

We don't have a good victory, all the teams we played with the exception of LSU, they were all bad to mediocre, the coaching by Mark this year has been horrendous, especially his offensive play calling and the way he handle or lack of handling the quarterback controversy, this team was 5-1 playing Virginia and Nkosi was pulled out of the game after throwing his second intersection of the night, it was a 3 point game at that time, Malik was inserted and the season went south, finally CMR has given his vote of confidence to Nkosi and the offense playbook has been open, the team knows that they were supposed to win the coastal and have a rematch with Clemson. don't lose your money, this won't be a close game.

What was your excuse last year when A Pitt team not half as good as this one bitch slapped the Canes. And that was when they were playing for something. It’s going to be ugly watching the the canes quit at half time after Pitt crushes their will to compete

What was your excuse last year when A Pitt team not half as good as this one bitch slapped the Canes. And that was when they were playing for something. It’s going to be ugly watching the the canes quit at half time after Pitt crushes their will to compete

no excuses bro..read my post the same problem we had this year, Rosier is horrible.

They are figuring on the revenge factor, a letdown by Pitt and a home game for Miami. Now let’s prove them wrong.

Maybe I’m wrong but I don’t expect the crowd to be much of a factor for Miami. It will be Thanksgiving break and students will be home. They don’t have great attendance typically anyway and there is very little meaning for this game for Miami. They can’t win the division and they made a bowl. Not saying the players won’t be psyched for revenge and want a better bowl but I could see total apathy by their crowd/fans.

Hahahaha. 6.5K is more like it.

n 2018, 58572 fans attended Miami home games on average. That’s the most since 2004. Hard Rock can fit about 65,000.

Looking toward the future, this is a list of 2018 Miami home games in order from lowest to highest fan attendance.

6. Savannah State
Even though this is technically Miami’s home opener, given the likelihood of an epic blowout, I don’t expect Hard Rock Stadium to be sold out. And to be truthful, the place will look reasonably empty by the 4th quarter. The Savannah St game has the makings of a pre-season scrimmage, where we might get to see Nkosi Perry’s first game action. My guess is attendance around 52,000. The Bethune Cookman game last year brought in a similar number.

5. Duke
Miami destroyed Duke last year 31 to 6. Its the type of game during Al Golden’s reign of terror, by which fans probably passed on going because who knew what type of effort Miami would bring. If we’ve turned the corner literally, fans will flock to these games. Duke is Duke (not that great) and we are Miami (elite). The 2017 Georgia Tech and Syracuse games brought in around 55k. I expect the same for this year’s Duke matchup. 56,000 to watch Miami destroy Duke again.

4. North Carolina
With the last two matchups against UNC being separated by just 13 points, Miami fans will be watching a barn burner on Sept 27. UNC will be tough to beat and we will need our fan base extremely energized. UNC is also the week before the FSU game, so there could be a lull in attendance. What’s more, this game is on a Thursday. The one 2017 game in which we played a team on “short” notice ended in defeat against Pitt. We could be seeing a slight decline in attendance for UNC. Around 58,000 would be reasonable.

3. FIU
A welcome home for former Canes coach Butch Davis. FIU finished last year a respectable 8 and 5 given its less than rich football history. I expect this game to be a blowout as well, which could curb attendance somewhat. But all week long heading into game day will be the whole Butch Davis coming home party. The FIU game will feel like Miami’s home opener. I expect the attendance to be around 60,000.

2. Pittsburgh
In what could be a pivotal ACC Coastal matchup to end 2018, Miami fans will be looking for blood when Pittsburgh comes to town. That’s because Pitt beat Miami resoundingly 24 to 14. Also, this slug fest is two days after Thanksgiving. You’d think Miami fans would show up in droves provided 2018 playing out like we all hope. If that’s the case, expect 62,000 fans in attendance.

1. Florida State
FSU/Miami is always the premiere game of the year for Miami. Last year, 78,000 diehard fans packed into Doak Campbell Stadium, but FSU’s stadium holds a greater capacity. The Notre Dame game, as a true comparison, last year held 65,000 people. Max capacity. This matchup will be Miami’s biggest game by far and fans will flock to Hard Rock like it’s Christmas Day. I expect it to be sold out and louder than anything we could ever dream of.

Conclusion
Overall you can expect Miami’s attendance to be around last year’s total. There isn’t another high profile match up on the schedule other than against FSU. But as long as we keep on winning, fans will buy tickets and attend games. It also doesn’t hurt that tickets are as low as $16 for the Pitt game and $10 for the FIU game according to Vivid Seats. There aren’t a lot of better sporting events in the Miami area with those deals and for that value to root on a team as entertaining as the Miami Hurricanes.

N’Kosi Perry Proving Why He Should Have Been The Starter All-Along

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
They had 51,796 two years ago for Pitt. I'd expect about the same this year.

The expectations for this season were great for Miami, and they fell far short. I can't see much excitement for the average fan, which is what it would take to get over 60,000 to the game, let alone 65,000.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=400869481
I was there in 2016. Hard to believe there were more than 35,000. DiehardPanther described as I remembered in his above post.

I didn't think so, but I was going by what was reported to ESPN.
but I was going by what was reported to ESPN.... You mean the folks that reported Condi Rice was going to be interviewed for the Browns head coaching position? that ESPN?

has not been talked about here but how in the hell can that Adam Schefter still be employed?

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
Pitt needs to pound the ball and avoid the stupid pre-snap penalties from last week that kept them in 3rd and longs. Can't do that against Miami. Ideally Pitt puts up a couple of scores early, the Canes will start to turn on each other and fold. But need to keep their D on the field and wear them down.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT