ADVERTISEMENT

Canes -5.5

Miami is down to only a walk on TE for the game. They usually run a fair amount of 2 TE sets.

1) Miami usually plays well at home
2) Is Morrisey out?
3) Revenge from last year
4) They figure Pitt is due for a letdown

2) Is Morrisey out?

When these lines are made all of these things are taken into consideration, but nearly all of it is math and perception based. Morrisey being out would be a half point factor at most, books wouldn’t have any info on that now anyway. Of much more consideration is Pitt doesn’t have much to play for and the way Miami looked against Va Tech last week.

The fact that hours after opening this number hasn’t moved tells you that it wasn’t a bad line. I don’t have the Caesars app, but they were the first place in Vegas I saw to put up a number so I actually drove down there to take Pitt plus the 5.5. I see value with that price when I think it should be less than 3.

Reactions: FireballZ
I just watched a clip of VT Miami game I'm not seeing why the line is where it is. Maybe they feel their defense will create turnovers but I feel like we match up well against their offense. Who knows but so far Vegas hasn't been right about us in a while so I hope that continues. We either easily covered the spread or upset the team who is supposed to beat us. BTW how many games have we actually been favored in this year?

I just watched a clip of VT Miami game I'm not seeing why the line is where it is. Maybe they feel their defense will create turnovers but I feel like we match up well against their offense. Who knows but so far Vegas hasn't been right about us in a while so I hope that continues. We either easily covered the spread or upset the team who is supposed to beat us. BTW how many games have we actually been favored in this year?

Albany, UNC, Va Tech, and Wake.

FWIW--ESPN was showing 79.1% chance Miami wins vs 20.1% chance Pitt wins.

Sagarin's overall rating predicts Miami by about 6 but his recent games rating predicts Pitt by about 6. The first rating factors in Miami playing better than recently earlier in the season and the opposite of that for Pitt. The second ignores the early season play and compares only recent game play for both teams.

I think we will be able to run the ball against them. I also like how our D is playing. As I said Miami is living off past rep more than anything. They are 3 and 4 in conference for a reason.

I am glad Miami played VT this week, and we had Wake. VT is not very good right now so it lulls teams into feeling things will be easy and Pitt came out less focused than required, it took a half to get into gear. I hope the same happens to Miami this week. If you simply look at the results the last six weeks, without knowing the names of the teams Pitt may be favored by 3-4, IMO

Reactions: Toddy_Too_Hotty
2) Is Morrisey out?
5)..they put a number out there based on simplistic perception and adjust it according to how people wager...

CMR, has done a horrible job managing the Quarterback situation this year, wasted one of the best defenses in college football, but has finally realized that Nkosi is by far better than Malik, I congratulate Pitt for winning the Coastal, but Miami should win this game by 20+...again congratulations on being the Coastal Champs.

5)..they put a number out there based on simplistic perception and adjust it according to how people wager...

Yep. Similar to horse racing where the odds change based on the betting direction right up to post time to protect the track against losing money.

CMR, has done a horrible job managing the Quarterback situation this year, wasted one of the best defenses in college football, but has finally realized that Nkosi is by far better than Malik, I congratulate Pitt for winning the Coastal, but Miami should win this game by 20+...again congratulations on being the Coastal Champs.

Lol. Delusional. Congrats on your three conference wins this year and the huge win over VT.

I hope that Narduzzi uses last year's UM team as an example. They had also locked up the Coastal going into the Pitt game. They proceeded to get punked by Pitt, were blown out by Clemson in the ACCCG and had quit on the season by their bowl where they were owned by HCPC and Wisconsin. They were way overrated in the preseason and after getting their asses handed to them by LSU basically plodded to a Pitt-like 6-5 this year.

Now the roles are reversed. How will Pitt finish? This UM game might not mean much for the standings, but it says a lot about where the team is going.

There's not universe in which this Miami team should beat any team with a pulse by 20+, let alone Pitt.

Don't let their win against a VT team that has quit on the season mislead you. Miami is a dumpster fire.

Miami may win...but it will be close.

I'm all over the +5.5.

FWIW--ESPN was showing 79.1% chance Miami wins vs 20.1% chance Pitt wins.

Sagarin's overall rating predicts Miami by about 6 but his recent games rating predicts Pitt by about 6. The first rating factors in Miami playing better than recently earlier in the season and the opposite of that for Pitt. The second ignores the early season play and compares only recent game play for both teams.

That's 99.2% that either Pitt or Miami wins. So what about the other .8%? Since there are no ties in college football is the other .8% game cancelled due to a weather hurricane?

Like all our games, keeping it close will be key. We've had deficits in just about all victories but close enough to let us stay within a comfort zone. I was extremely heartened that we were able to win through the air on Saturday, not because I expect that one game will change our core philosophy greatly, but forces Miami to be a bit wary of our passing capacity a little bit at least.

They've historically been a team that tends to fall over if they get behind in a game where they really have nothing to play for. And 6 vs 7 win really isn't going to gain em much. They'll likely be handed the Pinstripe bowl or whatever the network and conference want for em, either way. So they may not have the sustained interest to be mowed down by our road graders for 3 hours.

That's 99.2% that either Pitt or Miami wins. So what about the other .8%? Since there are no ties in college football is the other .8% game cancelled due to a weather hurricane?

You forgot the ;);) I mis-typed what I read. It was 79.9 vs 20.1 that ESPN had.

Reactions: cbpitt2
Id be shocked and greatly disappointed if the team didnt come in fired up and focused. I think Duzz has had a good pulse on the team and kept them focused. I think they have a chip on their shoulder and want to make a mark. I expect Pitt to play one of their better games.

Reactions: JSSTartan
It just dawned on me why I can’t stand Miami fans

Great school... blowhard fanbase.

Reactions: JSSTartan
Typical Canes fan. But I do agree, HCMR shouldn't have been playing Malik and grooming the young QB throughout the year.

Unfortunately, the U hasn't been good enough this year make the game matter. The biggest question mark going into this game is whether or not Pitt is 100% focused on playing in an irrelevant game.

Is every fan base in FL delusional because I was pretty sure that UCF was pretty far out in front of that with all of the fake NC stuff?
Eh. Good to have that "bad ass" swagger ... for players we get from there, anyway. Think of Antonio Bryant and many others. But it can certainly cross over to negative pretty fast with the players. And especially from their fans. :D

If it wasn't Thanksgiving week, it'd be fun to go to Miami. It's on my bucket list. Has anyone gone to a game at Hard Rock Stadium?

Lol. Delusional. Congrats on your three conference wins this year and the huge win over VT.

What's Miami's best win? FIU? FSU?
I rarely bet these days but I'd take us all the way to Pitt -3.5

We don't have a good victory, all the teams we played with the exception of LSU, they were all bad to mediocre, the coaching by Mark this year has been horrendous, especially his offensive play calling and the way he handle or lack of handling the quarterback controversy, this team was 5-1 playing Virginia and Nkosi was pulled out of the game after throwing his second intersection of the night, it was a 3 point game at that time, Malik was inserted and the season went south, finally CMR has given his vote of confidence to Nkosi and the offense playbook has been open, the team knows that they were supposed to win the coastal and have a rematch with Clemson. don't lose your money, this won't be a close game.

If it wasn't Thanksgiving week, it'd be fun to go to Miami. It's on my bucket list. Has anyone gone to a game at Hard Rock Stadium?
Yes. They pump loud, obnoxious noise into the stadium. They shoot off a loud cannon after a score, and the mascot does a CANES chant. It has a Longest Yard vibe to it. The stadium is about half full, but gets loud on 3rd down because the stadium contains the noise.

Yes. They pump loud, obnoxious noise into the stadium. They shoot off a loud cannon after a score, and the mascot does a CANES chant. It has a Longest Yard vibe to it. The stadium is about half full, but gets loud on 3rd down because the stadium contains the noise.

no true, the stadium has over 65k people for every game.

ADVERTISEMENT