ADVERTISEMENT

Capel and Recruiting

I am a bit curious. How is Todd Turner involved in all this? His major stops have been UVa, UConn, N C State, & Vanderbilt. What is his connection to Pitt basketball?

-He was the middle man that Barnes hired with an illegal search firm that brought in Stallings

First set of analytics is out.

-Pitt is ranked preseason 191st in the entire country, worse then Duquense who returns 4 players from last year. Pitt is a moderate to severe underdog against every team in the entire ACC in every single game. 0-19 in the ACC in the preseason college basketball analytics on a game by game basis. Pitt is a minimum 10+ point underdog in 12 of the 18 games in the preseason analytics per the link attached.

-So not only do college basketball analysts from every major website or blog think there is a good chance Pitt goes winless again from the links above. The computers think Pitt is a moderate to heavy underdog in every game too.

-And back to my point, every coach is saying to 16 and 17 year old recruits this type of information.

-Which is why I said the most important thing for now is winning games.

@gary2, @Joe the Panther Fan, @H2P 2003

http://www.barttorvik.com/team.php?team=Pittsburgh&year=2019

Pitt's recruits they brought in last year with Capel are an upgrade in talent from Stallings. Barnes really hurt the program and that's what bad people do, they hurt things and Barnes made a horrible hire that takes time to recover from. Would be nice to have Chris or someone get hold of him and ask about his thoughts on the program and what he did. He really made some bad moves and left and the people at Pitt that let the hire happen are to blame to, Capel is a great hire though and he will get acc players here one way or another and bring us back. I Hope...

Would be nice to have Chris or someone get hold of him and ask about his thoughts on the program and what he did.

But of course there is no way that you'd ever get him to talk about what happened. It does him no good. So Chris or someone else would get a hold of him and he'd either say "no comment" or he'd spout some plaudits about how he really looks back fondly on his time at Pitt and he hopes coach Capel does well there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT