ADVERTISEMENT

Capel deserves a ton of credit at the moment

KennyHeisman8

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Oct 31, 2021
Preface, yes, it took longer than we would like, but things did happen way out of his control.

I just want to say that I’ve seen a lot of people arguing about 1 of 6 tournaments is not good enough, and calling this team an NIT team.

Two things, the first two years you couldn’t expect much. Way too many people underestimate what a dumpster fire things were. All the off court issues were largely out of his control as well, and throw in COVID as well.

The last two year they have been a top 4 ACCteam. They have gone 26-14 in ACC play. This year, even with the slow start they should have been a top 9 seed. The many teams from the MWC, middle of the big 12 and SEC proved how awful the metrics are. Pitt was better than at least 10-12 teams in based off overall resume and by the end of the year was playing like a top 4 seed. Metrics be damned.

Last year, same thing. That team wasn’t play in team and proved it on the court. Don’t blast Jeff for the ridiculous narrative of the ACC sucking and using the net and whatever else as end all be alls.

What is even more frustrating is that 10 years ago the teams this year and last likely get top 5 or 6 seeds based off old criteria. Even more so frustrating is that the 13 and 14 teams probably get top 5 seeds today. The metric changes lined up perfectly to screw Pitt then and screw them today.

Either way, Jeff deserves a ton of credit. With what they’ve brought in so far I see no reason this isn’t a top 30 team to start the year. You add one more guy like thiero and really Pitt should be a top 4 preseason ACC team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News