ADVERTISEMENT

Champagnie

May I see a copy of your press pass/credentials?
il_794xN.1103729621_cdyo.jpg

I know a trick to see bits and pieces of the pay board, and can confirm injury and red shirt are words that have been tossed around.
you should delete your post if you want to keep using it

I guess the trib, post gazette or any other local rags didn't want to buck up for the pay site. Could be short-staffed on journalists and beat writers?

Reactions: galladt
I guess the trib, post gazette or any other local rags didn't want to buck up for the pay site. Could be short-staffed on journalists and beat writers?
Most likely they just don’t want to report anything until Pitt puts it out officially.

The white kid stinks? Is he good shooter? That’s why we got home him.
He will likely be able to hit open shots and we will value him for that. Hopefully those will come from penetration and kick out from Trey. It also might be helpful if he’s a good enough shooter to keep teams out of zones when Trey is in the game, because zones often caused Trey big struggles.

But what we need to look for is if Murphy can come close to holding his own on the defensive end.

Jared was never a great defender but he wasn’t a big liability on that end. If Murphy can do the same, he’ll go a long way to filling what Jared did.

Reactions: wbrpanther
Most likely they just don’t want to report anything until Pitt puts it out officially.

It's seems you're a believer in the rumor. I get it if Pitt's waiting on 2nd medical opinion. I hope it's not true.

It's seems you're a believer in the rumor. I get it if Pitt's waiting on 2nd medical opinion. I hope it's not true.
I’m not a believer. I know there’s a problem. And a 2nd opinion is in the cards.

Reactions: gary2
Not talking about serious time. With the loss of Champagne, we are likely down to three playing guard. Toney and Drumgoole won't be playing any two. The walk ons we have are good enough not to hurt us giving 2 maybe 3 minutes a half. It helps at the margins. I think they can defend, protect the ball and run offense.
We don’t agree here Gary.

Simply speaking, without Champagne (if this ends up happening) we play an 8 man rotation. The walk ons just aren’t in the mix spare trying to avoid a foul in the last minute of a half.

The top 8 are a decent enough group. They can do OK. But other than a spot minute here or there, I wouldn’t think they are any part of our success.

Murphy will be a slightly more polished Parker Stewart. People in Pittsburgh love the underdog white guy so he will be seen as a far better player. Haha

If Murphy can play even fringe average defense while shooting between 35 and 40% from 3, he will be a far better player. It remains to be seen if he's athletic enough to do that because I'm confident the shot will play.

If Murphy can play even fringe average defense while shooting between 35 and 40% from 3, he will be a far better player. It remains to be seen if he's athletic enough to do that because I'm confident the shot will play.

Any defense at all would be a huge improvement over Stewart. And maybe he can be taught to play better defense.

Reactions: below0w and Chescat
We're like 5 news cycles deep since the original post and still no news. Hmm.

We're like 5 news cycles deep since the original post and still no news. Hmm.

I believe that sometimes with injuries it is not known how bad the injury is, or isn’t, until swelling has been treated and a post swelling exam can be performed. I also believe I had heard or read that, whereas complete ACL tears require surgical repair, partial tears can self-heal without surgery. These thoughts occur because of the long delay without further information and because there has been no announcement about surgery being scheduled or performed.

Perhaps these could be possible reasons why nothing further has come out since a seemingly credible report of an injury was leaked? In any event, the longer time that passes without news, the more likely the injury was not as serious as first speculated.

Maybe a medically knowledgeable person can correct my layman’s medical speculation if way off base?

Tendons and ligaments have poor blood supply to them so healing on their own is very difficult. In addition, when someone tears their ACL often times the MCL goes too...real 2 for 1 package ☹️

Tendons and ligaments have poor blood supply to them so healing on their own is very difficult. In addition, when someone tears their ACL often times the MCL goes too...real 2 for 1 package ☹️

I'm not a medical person, but the above description is exactly what happened to
me years ago. The partial tear worsened as I wore a brace when playing. Later
the ACL completely tore as did the MCL along with the miniscus. The rehab
expertise was nowhere near then what it is today. I never completely got over
it...after the operation, maybe 85%. These ACL operations were often career
ending, That is not the case today.
Today they actually get ACL injuries back to normal within several months
to a year.

I'm not a medical person, but the above description is exactly what happened to
me years ago. The partial tear worsened as I wore a brace when playing. Later
the ACL completely tore as did the MCL along with the miniscus. The rehab
expertise was nowhere near then what it is today. I never completely got over
it...after the operation, maybe 85%. These ACL operations were often career
ending, That is not the case today.
Today they actually get ACL injuries back to normal within several months
to a year.
Kenny Durrett was an example in hoops. Voted the best player ever in Philly's Big 5....never recovered fully.

How difficult it would it be for the team to announce "Pitt forward Justin Champagnie currently be evaluated for a knee injury"?

PSN just released an article on the injury: bballinsiderfrompitt not credited and not pleased w Vuk
What Vuk published today wasn't anything official from the university. It was a regurgitation of what has been posted on the forums here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT