ADVERTISEMENT

Chelsea owner poisoned?

Fk_Pitt

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2007

Sick world out there. Don’t know what to think.

I read he was blinded for several hours and treated in Turkey. What is it with Moscow and their propensity to poison people?
Marketing.

On a related note, have you seen Red Penguins? It gives a wonderful apolitical description of post-soviet Russia, and it isn’t pretty.

Last edited:
Reactions: USN_Panther
Marketing.

On a related note, have you seen Red Penguins? It gives a wonderful apolitical description of the distinction of post-soviet Russia, and it isn’t pretty.
No but I’d be interested for sure. I’ll try to check it out.

Poisoning is one of the preferred Russian ways of killing your enemies. This likely wasn’t FSB (the new KGB) because they would have administered fatal doses. But, what must it be like to be one of Putin’s closest confidantes (he flew to Moscow a day after the invasion to meet with Putin) and then get poisoned.

He is trying desperately to save his fortune by being involved in the negotiations, and apparently Zelenskyy thinks his presence is a positive. He also in in Turkey because he hasn’t been sanctioned there and has both his yachts harbored there. I think he believes Putin has outlived his usefulness. The question is whether the oligarchs who share that belief have the military connections to oust him from power.

By the way, did anyone else see the interview with oligarch Mikhail Fridman? What a pussy. His money has been frozen and he is complaining that he can’t pay his housekeepers, bodyguards and chauffeur. Ukrainians are having their homes blown up and he wants sympathy because he can’t pay his chauffeur. They ought to seize his mansion and tell him to start walking back to Moscow.

Poisoning is one of the preferred Russian ways of killing your enemies. This likely wasn’t FSB (the new KGB) because they would have administered fatal doses. But, what must it be like to be one of Putin’s closest confidantes (he flew to Moscow a day after the invasion to meet with Putin) and then get poisoned.

He is trying desperately to save his fortune by being involved in the negotiations, and apparently Zelenskyy thinks his presence is a positive. He also in in Turkey because he hasn’t been sanctioned there and has both his yachts harbored there. I think he believes Putin has outlived his usefulness. The question is whether the oligarchs who share that belief have the military connections to oust him from power.

By the way, did anyone else see the interview with oligarch Mikhail Fridman? What a pussy. His money has been frozen and he is complaining that he can’t pay his housekeepers, bodyguards and chauffeur. Ukrainians are having their homes blown up and he wants sympathy because he can’t pay his chauffeur. They ought to seize his mansion and tell him to start walking back to Moscow.
Did you hear Abromovich is buying a Turkish club?

I will never pretend to know what’s going on in these negotiations but it’s safe to assume everyone has their own agendas. It just surprises me that the conservatives in England were strongly for Abromovich sanctions and rushed to do so, while Zelenskyy can influence our politicians in the US to not sanction. It’s all politics. Who really knows what really is happening.

all I know as a fan is that I am going to get a new owner at my club who is also wealthy. The difference is it’s likely to be an American owner like Todd Boehly who will run the club differently. I can’t imagine a new owner being able to write off a 100 million mistake like Kepa or Lukaku. Mistakes like that should set clubs back. But at Chelsea, it’s no big deal, similar to what it’s like for the Dodgers or Yankees. Redevelopment of Stamford Bridge is critical and it’s challenging. Even Abromovich struggled to get it done. But the redevelopment is crucial for the prospective buyers bids, and it’s critical to be able to compete vs the big boys with bigger stadiums. We see what Spurs are doing after building that stadium, they’ve tightened their purse strings. All this means is fans of other Euro big clubs are excited because it might be one less team to compete against for elite players. Time will tell.

Good synopsis on Abramovich:

Maybe it’s good. Maybe it’s not. I appreciate the perspective of the author, but there are a few holes in her story, and I really don’t care to go through them. But plenty of what she says is certainly true. There’s a lot of corruption in Ukraine and Russian government. But we have enough here closer to home to concern ourselves with. And some of it overlaps.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT