ADVERTISEMENT

Chelsea sack Frank Lampard

A

anon_4dfwm2pijbr0a

Not really sure what to make of it. Werner has admittedly found the transition difficult because of how physical the league is. I'm not sure you can throw that one on Frank unless he told Abramovich that he wants him no matter what. Havertz just hasn't lived up to the hype. When it all comes down to it, could Frank make all of that talent mesh. That is what the great manager's do. They can make off these great parts co-exist and gel. I still think him going from Derby the Chelsea was a bit premature. Needed a bit more time to ply his trade on the touchline.

Regardless, he is still Chelsea and English royalty. Hope he can find a less prestigious club to work at, continue to improve and them maybe make a return...maybe when the Pepster moves on from City.

Not really sure what to make of it. Werner has admittedly found the transition difficult because of how physical the league is. I'm not sure you can throw that one on Frank unless he told Abramovich that he wants him no matter what. Havertz just hasn't lived up to the hype. When it all comes down to it, could Frank make all of that talent mesh. That is what the great manager's do. They can make off these great parts co-exist and gel. I still think him going from Derby the Chelsea was a bit premature. Needed a bit more time to ply his trade on the touchline.

Regardless, he is still Chelsea and English royalty. Hope he can find a less prestigious club to work at, continue to improve and them maybe make a return...maybe when the Pepster moves on from City.
English media is really a different animal. You never know what to believe. I read today that Chillwell was the only player Frank wanted and Werner, Havertz and The others were not. However, I’m pretty sure Lampard wanted Silva.

I also heard that there was a blow up between Lampard and Marina (the boss) about Kepa and Pulisic. I don’t know what to believe there either because while I don’t think Lampard was keen on Pulisic at first, he’s certainly stuck with him through this current period where Pulisic has not been in good form.

frank has looked tactically overmatched. But then again, he’s been through a lot of managers as a player at Chelsea so it’s hard to imagine that he hasn’t acquired some tactical pedigree along the way.

this is bittersweet for me. I bleed blue. I’m a chelsea supporter and frank was what drew me to the club. He was the best box to box midfielder the game has seen. But it hasn’t been working with him as Manager. It’s a gut punch for me...but a needed gut punch, just like Jamie Dixon was.

thomas Tuchel is the replacement. I can’t imagine he will buck the trend and be there for longer than 18 months. But if he can somehow get them into the top #4, it will be good for me.

I like Frank and really wanted him to succeed. I think it’s tough as few highly successful players can really be highly successful coaches. Sometimes they just need more time to learn how to be a coach.

frank has looked tactically overmatched.

They have too many players who want to play the same way, and Lampard didn't have the "gravitas" or whatever you want to call it to get enough of them to sacrifice their games for the good of the team. If that was even something that he wanted.

BTW, I want to say that I love the term "sack" instead of just saying a guy got fired. We didn't just fire him, we sacked him. Like they put him into a big garbage bag and took him out to the street for the garbage man to pick up.

I didn’t think Pep would re-up with Man City, but I think he has unfinished business there in his mind. He wants to win a Champions League.

In my mind, the big question is how big a pay cut Messi would be willing to take to join him. I think the 4-1 pounding by PSG ended any chance of Messi returning to Barca. He wants to win trophies. As much as I hate to say it, being a Barca fan since 1974, that isn’t going to happen in the foreseeable future. The last Board has ruined Barca for the next 5 to 10 years.

Messi has always said he wanted to end his career back in Argentina playing for Newell’s Boys Club in his hometown. He obviously won’t be doing that for the money. I think he has all the money he cares about — and more. I think he will sign with Man City for a huge pay cut if he thinks they can win the Champions League.

I didn’t think Pep would re-up with Man City, but I think he has unfinished business there in his mind. He wants to win a Champions League.

In my mind, the big question is how big a pay cut Messi would be willing to take to join him. I think the 4-1 pounding by PSG ended any chance of Messi returning to Barca. He wants to win trophies. As much as I hate to say it, being a Barca fan since 1974, that isn’t going to happen in the foreseeable future. The last Board has ruined Barca for the next 5 to 10 years.

Messi has always said he wanted to end his career back in Argentina playing for Newell’s Boys Club in his hometown. He obviously won’t be doing that for the money. I think he has all the money he cares about — and more. I think he will sign with Man City for a huge pay cut if he thinks they can win the Champions League.
You’re probably more connected to what’s going on at Barca because that’s your club...but the talking heads on Sirius XM FC strongly believe that Messi is headed to City for a year and then Miami. They also think Ronaldo will be in Miami sooner than that.

You’re probably more connected to what’s going on at Barca because that’s your club...but the talking heads on Sirius XM FC strongly believe that Messi is headed to City for a year and then Miami. They also think Ronaldo will be in Miami sooner than that.

Pep finally has City clicking on all cylinders on defense. If Aguero and De Bruyne had been fit all season they might be having a season like Liverpool did last. If not this year, next could be City's break through in Champions League.

Pep finally has City clicking on all cylinders on defense. If Aguero and De Bruyne had been fit all season they might be having a season like Liverpool did last. If not this year, next could be City's break through in Champions League.
They haven’t missed a beat with Gundogan. Would he being getting into those spaces and had the success if the dynamic of the team were different? I can’t say MC has missed a beat. As much as I hate to say it, Pep is unreal.

Reactions: anon_4dfwm2pijbr0a
They haven’t missed a beat with Gundogan. Would he being getting into those spaces and had the success if the dynamic of the team were different? I can’t say MC has missed a beat. As much as I hate to say it, Pep is unreal.
Gundogan has played brilliantly but 10 times out of 10 I'm taking De Bruyne...although they were on the field together today and worked well. Even though they only won 1-0 at no point did I say to myself, I think City might falter. That 1-0 felt like 10-0 they are that solid defensively.

The Pepster is magical. Sterling and Stones are examples. I thought Sterling was very unimpressive with Liverpool and thought he might be one of those guys that had all the hype but never broke. Pep gets to City 1 year after his transfer and has him flying. Stones, brought in from the Toffees for a hefty fee had that same feel and he is playing lights out!

I mean I was hoping that my Mighty Whites would inquire with City about taking Stones on loan for the season to help, at the time our beleaguered back line. Stones seemed that out of favor. Pep did something.

Gundogan has played brilliantly but 10 times out of 10 I'm taking De Bruyne...although they were on the field together today and worked well. Even though they only won 1-0 at no point did I say to myself, I think City might falter. That 1-0 felt like 10-0 they are that solid defensively.

The Pepster is magical. Sterling and Stones are examples. I thought Sterling was very unimpressive with Liverpool and thought he might be one of those guys that had all the hype but never broke. Pep gets to City 1 year after his transfer and has him flying. Stones, brought in from the Toffees for a hefty fee had that same feel and he is playing lights out!

I mean I was hoping that my Mighty Whites would inquire with City about taking Stones on loan for the season to help, at the time our beleaguered back line. Stones seemed that out of favor. Pep did something.
I was actually thinking about you today. Fulham is within striking distance now of coming out of the relegation zone. And that’s a good thing. The EPL is better with them in it. Hope they can stay up. Although I’d hate for it to happen at New Castles expense.

I was actually thinking about you today. Fulham is within striking distance now of coming out of the relegation zone. And that’s a good thing. The EPL is better with them in it. Hope they can stay up. Although I’d hate for it to happen at New Castles expense.
They are easily within striking distance. 3 points off Newcastle and Newcastle is very disjointed right now. They have some individual talent but losing their #1 in Callum Wilson for an extended time will hurt. It gets a little challenging over the next few 5. Palace, Spurs, Liverpool, Man City and Leeds. Of those I totally concede 0 points from the City match. The other 4 they can get points. Spurs are poor right now and Liverpool is a mess, both still quality though. Palace is inconsistent as are Leeds. I'd take 6-8 points from this stretch.

I'm taking the cautious optimism posture. Our defense is actually really solid for a bottom 3 team, we just don't have that final 1/3rd quality. What may help us out if it gets really gritty with those above us is currently we have a pretty decent goal differential (-11) and goals against (32)...again for a bottom 3. Considering at this time in the season last time we came up we were (-30) and (55)

I thought Stones was an impossible project when he came over from Everton. Hailed as the “next great English CB” to me he was just too slow. Pep has managed to do what he did at Barca — make a CB more effective by focusing on positioning and anticipation. It’s an amazing transformation. You don’t notice his pace, or lack of it, because he never gets caught out where it can be exposed.

I think Messi will sign with City for a year. Especially if they don’t win the Champions League this year. He wants to be seen as the piece that puts them over the top. If they do win this year, I’m less certain. I don’t think his wife wants to leave Barcelona, but I have heard from people that she wants the kids to become proficient in English and she thinks they need to spend a year or two in England or the U.S. Remember that Pep took a year off from coaching and moved with his entire family to New York for that purpose. English is a required subject at La Masia, but the players who don’t spend time in the EPL league tend not to retain proficiency in it. Cesc Fabregas and Gerard Pique were the role models for Pep’s decision to go to NY and then coach in the EPL.

Reactions: anon_4dfwm2pijbr0a
New Messi rumor is that he’s looking to go to City, with a clause that will allow him to go to NYCFC at some point.

The Pepster just keeps on Pep'n on. Solid 2-1 win against a solid West Ham side today. John Stones winner was so clinical. Pep's magic resurrecting John Stones. Nice to see Kun Aguero back in the line up and getting his feet wet again.

13 points over United pending results. FK what are you thinking about tomorrow? I'm still not sold on United as a collective. They have Bruno is so good but the rest I think or kind of ordinary with spurts of greatness.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
The Pepster just keeps on Pep'n on. Solid 2-1 win against a solid West Ham side today. John Stones winner was so clinical. Pep's magic resurrecting John Stones. Nice to see Kun Aguero back in the line up and getting his feet wet again.

13 points over United pending results. FK what are you thinking about tomorrow? I'm still not sold on United as a collective. They have Bruno is so good but the rest I think or kind of ordinary with spurts of greatness.
Well first off, how about that service by KDB on the first goal? Such precision. And then to have a guy like Stones inside the 18 on a prolonged buildup to score a goal like that from the centerback position?? It has to be Pep at his finest.

And as far as Chelsea, I don’t know what to think. Ask any United fan, and let’s be honest, there are more of them than any other, and they’ll tell you that they have the most deadly attack in the league. I can’t stand Fernandez and I’ve always thought that his stats were inflated because he gets all of those goals off PKs that United didn’t truly earn. I swear playing United anywhere is like playing Duke at Cameron. They get all the calls. But all of that said, Bruno had all of those assists too and he does such a good job finding those runners angling in and behind the other teams bunker. I listen to a lot of soccer talk on Sirius, and everyone seems to think that Chelsea won’t be at their best until CP10 replaces Timo Werner in the lineup. But I wouldn’t be shocked to see christian sold this summer. They need to raise money to get Haaland and CP still has good value. With his injuries, he may be at his peak value. This is just me talking. I haven’t heard any discussion at all. Although I did see that Bayern is interested in him. I just haven’t heard any whispers at all about Chelsea wanting to sell him. I think Chelsea lacks the creativity in their midfield and if they are going to win, it’s going to have to be a 1-0 game. My prediction is 1-1.

moving forward, they should sell Kante, who is a legend in my eyes...but with his injuries and the fact that he doesn’t help them offensively...selling him can help raise money. Chelsea is all in on Haaland. Abromovich is set on it. Will he be able to outbid the richest clubs in Europe? I dunno. But Haaland is a generational talent. If you have the money, get it done!

and sell Jorginho and Kovacic too. They are ham and eggers. We need more there.

DeBruyne is just...well...he is masterclass. Nothing more you can say. That service was amazing in so many ways from where he was at, the accuracy, the power with the accuracy.

United are just plain fortunate. Their attack is average. Martial is average, Greenwood is average. I do like Rashford a bit and Cavani is nothing more than a sniper. Still an effective player but he isn't the Cavani of his PSG days.

United yes is the Duke of bball and the ND of cfb. They're a has been in my opinion. If they hang on for Champions League next season, depending on their group draw they may not make it out. What I find comforting is the top players aren't clamoring to sign for United like they did in the past with Sir Alex.

I wonder if CP would fancy a move back to Dortmund or a Top 6-8 club in the PL. It's not like he left Dortmund on a sour note and if they lose Haaland, CP would be a nice replacement. Or you guys can do you what do best, just loan him out. Hell if my Mighty Whites can stay up, I'd take him on loan depending on what his wages are.

I personally would love to see United strike out on Sancho and Haaland. Enjoy the game today. Fulham as usual drew 0-0 because their final 1/3rd is very punchless. But another clean sheet, 1 point closer to Newcastle and Brighton who both are struggling. Newcastle just lost 2 more to injury today.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT