ADVERTISEMENT

Talented but lazy

Duneaux Harm

Sophomore
Gold Member
Nov 30, 2020
Rewatching this game and my thoughts to a buddy from Carolina after the first game, the Carolina kids are a wee bit lazy and just think their shirt is what wins games. There were so many times Carolina kids were stunned that Pitt kids worked harder and got the ball from them. Hubert cannot find that switch to make them play super well in conference season but maybe he turns it on again in tourney.

What I love about this Pitt team is that they all play hard and have no fear of the name on the front of the shirt they are facing.

Rewatching this game and my thoughts to a buddy from Carolina after the first game, the Carolina kids are a wee bit lazy and just think their shirt is what wins games. There were so many times Carolina kids were stunned that Pitt kids worked harder and got the ball from them. Hubert cannot find that switch to make them play super well in conference season but maybe he turns it on again in tourney.

What I love about this Pitt team is that they all play hard and have no fear of the name on the front of the shirt they are facing.

I'm not sure they are as talented as I thought. Its basically just Bacot. Davis and Love are just basically 3 point shooters and Love isnt a very good one. If they dont make 3's, they need Bacot to have a big game or they dont win. They were 4-17 shooting 3s last night. Nance is a decent player but I think Love and Davis are overrated. If you turn them into 3 point shooters, are they really any better than any random 3 point shooting guard from ND, Wake, or Clemson?

NC needs another big outside of Bacot. Granted we have the same need outside of Fede but at least we have bodies to throw into the mix with the twins.

Also their guards don’t play smart. Black shooting threes and then getting those two quick fouls killed them. Our guards were clearly so much better. It looked like men against boys.

Last edited:
But if Love would have just taken 10 more shots against Kansas, they would have been National Champs.

he was 5-24. on pace for 7-34.

1 point win for UNC.

• Haha
Reactions: Brian Brush Fan
I thought they played hard yesterday. I just don't think that for the most part, they are any better than our guys.

I thought they played hard yesterday. I just don't think that for the most part, they are any better than our guys.

Yea thats my bad on UNC. I was fooled into thinking they are the most talented team in the ACC. They arent. Bacot is elite but he's a Big and can be taken out of a game. Love shoots too many 3s. Davis is a run of the mill ACC guard. Black is Jeffress on offense. Nance has his moments. And they have me and you coming off the bench.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT