ADVERTISEMENT

Chelsea vs Wrexham in Chapel Hill

Chelsea vs Celtic at Notre Dame Stadium seems like a really cool event even if it will be Chelsea's U20s but fans being charged first team rates.
Chelsea has arrived in the US! Would anyone want to venture a guess at how many U20’s chelsea brought to America for this tour?? I’ll even mention that Gallagher, Palmer, Cucurella, and Enzo all made runs to the final of their tourneys and are not making at least the early parts of the tour. Plus a couple injuries have opened up a couple more spots for U20’s. Surely the pitch is going to be flooded with U20’s for the match vs Wrexham, right??

Chelsea has arrived in the US! Would anyone want to venture a guess at how many U20’s chelsea brought to America for this tour?? I’ll even mention that Gallagher, Palmer, Cucurella, and Enzo all made runs to the final of their tourneys and are not making at least the early parts of the tour. Plus a couple injuries have opened up a couple more spots for U20’s. Surely the pitch is going to be flooded with U20’s for the match vs Wrexham, right??

Right. Very few regulars will be playing vs Wrexham, I'm sure.

Right. Very few regulars will be playing vs Wrexham, I'm sure.
Now you’re back tracking. Plus, It’s Chelsea. They are all first teamers fighting for spots in the teams best XI. They haven’t had a definable best XI for several years mostly because they always have a new manager. This year is no different. Chelsea has always had a culture of competition at every position is best for the club. But yeah there might be 3-4 U20 type players on this tour who will see time at moments so that the club can figure out if they fit with the senior team or out on loan. But none are current academy players.

Now you’re back tracking. Plus, It’s Chelsea. They are all first teamers fighting for spots in the teams best XI. They haven’t had a definable best XI for several years mostly because they always have a new manager. This year is no different. Chelsea has always had a culture of competition at every position is best for the club. But yeah there might be 3-4 U20 type players on this tour who will see time at moments so that the club can figure out if they fit with the senior team or out on loan. But none are current academy players.

Who do you expect to play vs Wrexham that will be a starter or a reserve that they use a lot in the regular season?

Looks like Liverpool is bring Mo Salah and some ballboys to Pgh

Who do you expect to play vs Wrexham that will be a starter or a reserve that they use a lot in the regular season?

Looks like Liverpool is bring Mo Salah and some ballboys to Pgh

You do realize that these teams play in 4 competitions in a calendar year and in Chelsea’s case there will be 5? So all of these guys are 1st teamers. I couldn’t even begin to tell you who out of the 27 or so they are bringing will fit the new managers style and will play more minutes than others. I can probably rule out 4-5 guys on this tour but other than that they are all first team level. So in other words, the Wrexham game will be like all the others. 9-11 of the guys on the pitch at any given time will be 1st team level guys who are competing for spots in a best X1 spot. Not Academy level players like you said.

You do realize that these teams play in 4 competitions in a calendar year and in Chelsea’s case there will be 5? So all of these guys are 1st teamers. I couldn’t even begin to tell you who out of the 27 or so they are bringing will fit the new managers style and will play more minutes than others. I can probably rule out 4-5 guys on this tour but other than that they are all first team level. So in other words, the Wrexham game will be like all the others. 9-11 of the guys on the pitch at any given time will be 1st team level guys who are competing for spots in a best X1 spot. Not Academy level players like you said.

EPL and Champions League are the only 2, really. If they make the domestic cup semis, then they'll bring the 1st teamers in.

If Chelsea had a UCL Final in a month, who are the 14-16 that see the field. How many of those guys will play in the early part of this tour?

EPL and Champions League are the only 2, really. If they make the domestic cup semis, then they'll bring the 1st teamers in.

If Chelsea had a UCL Final in a month, who are the 14-16 that see the field. How many of those guys will play in the early part of this tour?
Two things…

You said it would be all U20’s, and that’s proven not to be the case because we only brought 3-4 academy players…who btw all dressed and played in matches last season.

All the Chelsea stars will play, as they all did last year when they played vs Wrexham. Chelsea fans will go home happy. Rest easy.

Oh, here’s a bonus point…the team, due to injuries and multiple competitions need 25 or so players. And Chelsea fans will see them all starting in a few days.

Reactions: brdst11
Two things…

You said it would be all U20’s, and that’s proven not to be the case because we only brought 3-4 academy players…who btw all dressed and played in matches last season.

All the Chelsea stars will play, as they all did last year when they played vs Wrexham. Chelsea fans will go home happy. Rest easy.

Oh, here’s a bonus point…the team, due to injuries and multiple competitions need 25 or so players. And Chelsea fans will see them all starting in a few days.
Did you say you're now going to one of the games?

Did you say you're now going to one of the games?
No. I wasn’t planning on it. But I would like to attend a chelsea match next summer when the matches mean something. Hopefully they’ll play on the east coast somewhere. You?

What kind of crowd will Liverpool draw on Friday at Heinz field? Will they fill the lower bowl? I say no. Would have been nice to see a Barcelona or a Real Madrid vs Liverpool just to see what a Pittsburgh crowd is capable of. But Real Betis? They aren’t attracting anyone to the gate…unless Real Jerome Bettis was their starting fullback.

No. I wasn’t planning on it. But I would like to attend a chelsea match next summer when the matches mean something. Hopefully they’ll play on the east coast somewhere. You?

What kind of crowd will Liverpool draw on Friday at Heinz field? Will they fill the lower bowl? I say no. Would have been nice to see a Barcelona or a Real Madrid vs Liverpool just to see what a Pittsburgh crowd is capable of. But Real Betis? They aren’t attracting anyone to the gate…unless Real Jerome Bettis was their starting fullback.

I'm going on Saturday at Notre Dame.

No idea what to expect crowd wise on Friday. An opponent with more fans would have been nice but we're not getting those kind of games here.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Salah, Robertson, Szobozlai and Endo coming are all a big deal to me. Makes it 100% worth it imo, will be cool to see Johnny on Betis as well.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT