ADVERTISEMENT

Chilling feeling

Pittisit4me

Sophomore
Dec 11, 2019
This team has more talent and experience than Capel's others. Having said that, a one point home loss followed by a 2nd half collapse at Duke is giving me a bit of deja vu. We may be headed for a streak in the wrong direction. We have been exposed by size and have shown We cannot rebound our defensive glass. Even worse, Duke with its length and athletes that can keep our guards out of the lane, has shown other teams how to shut us down. We have been a good jump shooting team, but we can't rely on it solely, like in the 2nd half.
I can't help but think the refs horrible call on an inadvertent elbow from Burton took the game away from us right at the point it was up for grabs. This team is going to need to show some resilience coming back from this. I am not at all sure that we have what it takes to bounce back.

I mean Duke can show other teams, but not a lot of teams left on the schedule with Duke recruits. They technically still covered the spread. Disappointing with how it happened but not end of world. 7-2 is possible with next three games. I mean after the VCU loss I thought this team was headed for 3-17 in ACC. Maybe they needed another wake up call. I mean, they weren’t going to go 18-2 in the ACC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT