ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe our best half of the season

Bethlehemjohn

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jul 6, 2001
-The 2nd half was some really good ball by our guys.

-The D really worked hard and forced Wake into a bunch of TO’s and late shots. We finally got a few run outs that really helped.

-Wake’s D is not that good, but I was worried that a few big scoring droughts could kill us. We had droughts of 5 1/2 and almost 4 minutes in the first half, but had a really nice offense 2nd half.

-There were some really big plays in the 2nd half. Blake hit the big 3 at the end of the clock to get us within 2. Leggett hit a huge 3 to put us up by 3 and then followed up with the basket against Sallis to put us up 5.

-Bub and Ish really played well and hit big shots and Blake had his best game going to the basket.

-Even though Fede was taken out, I think he still had one of his better games.

-Will was huge on the D end and just worked his a** off to defend Reid. He was not by himself though because we deflected a few passes while Jeffress was out there too.

-This was a huge win and a pretty good night for us. WVU beat Cincy and Florida won at Kentucky, so we may get a little NET bump.

-Looks like we finally have some confidence shooting the ball at home now and hopefully we can jump put on ND early on Sat. Can’t wait to come into town.

-The 2nd half was some really good ball by our guys.

-The D really worked hard and forced Wake into a bunch of TO’s and late shots. We finally got a few run outs that really helped.

-Wake’s D is not that good, but I was worried that a few big scoring droughts could kill us. We had droughts of 5 1/2 and almost 4 minutes in the first half, but had a really nice offense 2nd half.

-There were some really big plays in the 2nd half. Blake hit the big 3 at the end of the clock to get us within 2. Leggett hit a huge 3 to put us up by 3 and then followed up with the basket against Sallis to put us up 5.

-Bub and Ish really played well and hit big shots and Blake had his best game going to the basket.

-Even though Fede was taken out, I think he still had one of his better games.

-Will was huge on the D end and just worked his a** off to defend Reid. He was not by himself though because we deflected a few passes while Jeffress was out there too.

-This was a huge win and a pretty good night for us. WVU beat Cincy and Florida won at Kentucky, so we may get a little NET bump.

-Looks like we finally have some confidence shooting the ball at home now and hopefully we can jump put on ND early on Sat. Can’t wait to come into town.
Good points! Now it is up to the players and coaches to dissect this and replicate it!

Yeah, was more impressed with this win than the early season blowouts.

They could have easily been run off the court in the first half or first half of the second half, but they kept them selves in range, ISH was big with that, and when Wake cooled and they got hot, they were in striking distance and were able to get up enough to have a safe margin.

IMO, Forbes was killing them on inbounds plays most of the game until the inbounds play were Will got it, faked the handoff and had a clean walk in slam. That to me was the key play in the game because it got both the team and the crowd into the game and showed they were getting ready to take control.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT