ADVERTISEMENT

Christian Barmore

the_insider_

Freshman
Gold Member
Dec 15, 2018
Am I misremembering or didn't Pitt offer him late as a senior (I think it was his first P5 offer) and then he blew up and became a 4* and went to Bama.

Am I misremembering or didn't Pitt offer him late as a senior (I think it was his first P5 offer) and then he blew up and became a 4* and went to Bama.

Several players from the Philly area have gone to SEC programs in recent years.

We weren’t necessarily early, but not late. He was a Temple commit, then got a collection of P5 offers at right around the same time, and he decommitted from Temple. Florida, Georgia, and Pitt all offered within a week of each other, Alabama offered a week or so later, and that was that.

We weren’t necessarily early, but not late. He was a Temple commit, then got a collection of P5 offers at right around the same time, and he decommitted from Temple. Florida, Georgia, and Pitt all offered within a week of each other, Alabama offered a week or so later, and that was that.

Truth.

Several players from the Philly area have gone to SEC programs in recent years.

the last bastion of PA talent is in philly. and we don't recruit there very well. the good ones aren't even bothering with PSU anymore, either. they go south or osu.

Reactions: Saboteur II
That play he made to stuff the Teague on 4th down late last night was very impressive. The center for Ohio State was one a Rimington finalist and will be in the NFL this fall. He had no chance.

the last bastion of PA talent is in philly. and we don't recruit there very well. the good ones aren't even bothering with PSU anymore, either. they go south or osu.
A lot of Philly kids have SEC fever right now. It started with Swift and Webb going to UGA and has kept going ever since. It’s kind of the MJ Devonshire thing coming out of high school, but across the board. A lot of the St. Joe’s Prep kids don’t really have any special feeling about “staying in Pennsylvania to play college football” either, because they aren’t actually from PA - McCord, Harrison, and Trotter are all from NJ, and they have a bunch of other kids from Delaware.

Reactions: pitt90seven
It's not a small area. The Philly metro area is enormous. It's 3x the size of the Pittsburgh metro area.

geographically. as in, these kids aren't way out in the suburbs the way the western PA players are spread out. it's almost all coming from a small group of city schools.

A lot of Philly kids have SEC fever right now. It started with Swift and Webb going to UGA and has kept going ever since. It’s kind of the MJ Devonshire thing coming out of high school, but across the board. A lot of the St. Joe’s Prep kids don’t really have any special feeling about “staying in Pennsylvania to play college football” either, because they aren’t actually from PA - McCord, Harrison, and Trotter are all from NJ, and they have a bunch of other kids from Delaware.

Yep. U of FL A-A TE Kyle Pitts from Philly Archbishop Wood is another good example. Kids who have NFL stars (and $$$$ signs) in their eyes are taking serious interest in SEC programs now.

geographically. as in, these kids aren't way out in the suburbs the way the western PA players are spread out. it's almost all coming from a small group of city schools.
Delco, Moncto, Chester, Bucks and Philadelphia Counties are spread across a wide area and that doesn’t take into account the Jersey segment.

Reactions: steelcurtain55.

SJP, Wood, and to a lesser degree Imhotep are where the players are at.

Those schools are outstanding at producing athletes. The rest of Philly is meh..

If you drive an hour south and hit the dmv, you'll find the likes of St. Frances, Dematha, St. Johns, Gonzaga, Good Counsel, Damascus, Gilman, McDonough, etc. That is where the power 5's send recruiters out regardless of what they have.

That's what I was recalling haha, just thought Pitt had been one of, if not, the first P5 to offer, and then next thing you know he's a 4* headed to Bama lol

Those schools are outstanding at producing athletes. The rest of Philly is meh..

If you drive an hour south and hit the dmv, you'll find the likes of St. Frances, Dematha, St. Johns, Gonzaga, Good Counsel, Damascus, Gilman, McDonough, etc. That is where the power 5's send recruiters out regardless of what they have.

yeah i live down here. maryland alone has lapped PA. which would've been incredible to predict 25 years ago.

Imhotep to a far lesser degree. They're notorious for producing a bunch of camp All-Americans (and I don't mean Walter Camp) who don't pan out where they land in college. (Surely there must be a shorts and t-shirts hall of fame.)

Imhotep to a far lesser degree. They're notorious for producing a bunch of camp All-Americans (and I don't mean Walter Camp) who don't pan out where they land in college. (Surely there must be a shorts and t-shirts hall of fame.)

I had a coach once tell me that when he leaves Imhotep after recruiting players, he feels like he has to call his compliance officer to see if any violations were made lol. He told me no other school makes you go through so many handlers to recruit a kid.

They are the most undisciplined team that has been a state regular over the past 8-9 years.

My favorite Philly HS was always Strawberry Mansion. Just sounds like such a pleasant place, like a walk in the French countryside. It is anything but in reality.

My favorite Philly HS was always Strawberry Mansion. Just sounds like such a pleasant place, like a walk in the French countryside. It is anything but in reality.

They were a very good bball program back in the day. Those were the days when the Philly public league ran supreme and the Catholic was in 2nd place.

They were a very good bball program back in the day. Those were the days when the Philly public league ran supreme and the Catholic was in 2nd place.
IIRC, they lost to one of the Terrelle Pryor Jeannette teams in the state championship in 2008 or 2009.

Barmore is a beast. Feels like the type of guy the Ravens will grab in the 2nd or 3rd round who will be really good for 5 or 6 years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT