ADVERTISEMENT

Clarion Head Coach: Wade 70-80% Sure on One School

I think its PSU too. I never see tweets about Pitt but see retweets PSU stuff all the time from him. I don't think thats a tell all sign but other than really liking Narduzzi, I haven't seen any signs that point to Pitt. Hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
I do think its a factor but for a kid like Wade, I dont think he can let it be.

He has 39 college games then the NFL. He cant spend 13 (or 26) as a reserve or in some rotation. He's got to start somewhere next year. Can he start at Penn State?
He's not starting at PSU next year. Reid, Haley, Campbell all return and all are good. He'll be in on certain dime packages maybe.

I think its PSU too. I never see tweets about Pitt but see retweets PSU stuff all the time from him. I don't think thats a tell all sign but other than really liking Narduzzi, I haven't seen any signs that point to Pitt. Hope I'm wrong.

Would be great if he was just trolling PSU but I don't think that's the case.

Reactions: pitt2010
If all of these posts are true about Ped State being the destination then I'll be pretty disappointed. Narduzzi's recruiting has been pretty lackluster, especially in the 412. We've discussed this issue to no end but it's imperative for him to keep the 412 guys home as a core to each class and add players from surrounding areas to fill out the class.

If all of these posts are true about Ped State being the destination then I'll be pretty disappointed. Narduzzi's recruiting has been pretty lackluster, especially in the 412. We've discussed this issue to no end but it's imperative for him to keep the 412 guys home as a core to each class and add players from surrounding areas to fill out the class.
You should be disappointed in the students and alums of the University of Pittsburgh. The right HC is in place, but these so-called supporters are not holding up their end. It leaves a bad taste for the recruits.

The guy had a top 25 recruiting class last year.

You should be disappointed in the students and alums of the University of Pittsburgh. The right HC is in place, but these so-called supporters are not holding up their end. It leaves a bad taste for the recruits.
I think piranha, souf and paco need to get together and go on pitt's campus and lecture the students about fan loyalty. Once that's done, then those 3 need to go door-to-door to every house in western pa, and lecture them about putting pitt football ahead of everything else.. this tired narrative on a board filled with passionate pitt fans is beyond tiresome..

go ahead guys, get at it, come down from your pedestal and get on the streets. Until you do this, your sanctimonious horse sh*t will be mocked by me every time you spew it from your mouth.

Reactions: TD_6082 and MarySki
Here come the "he's not that good, we don't need him" statements. It's very Ped State-ish.

I watched our secondary this season and understand the importance of getting the number one rated corner (#9 overall player in the country) from the 412.

I've noticed that too scrolling through this thread. The dude is a hell of a talent and would be a HUGE boost for this defense in an area of great need. I'd love to have him.

That said, everything I have read is that he is a PSU lean and will probably end up there.

The guy had a top 25 recruiting class last year.

According to this site we were ranked 31 last year. The year before that? 70. This year? 44.

And yeah I've heard the statements, "Look how Narduzzi finished last year!" Well, it's not looking like we're finishing that way this year as all of our top targets are leaning elsewhere and Narduzzi is throwing out offers left and right in desperation mode. Not to mention our top commit is visiting Michigan soon. (Although due to his background and family situation I don't think it's possible for him to go anywhere besides PITT)

Say what you want but recruiting has been very "Chryst-like" and if we ever want to be better than 8-4 you have to recruit at a high level. Yes, we've been landing some key players in each class but we're leaving holes in key places that will come back to bite us - see the secondary this season.

Hopefully we close hard again come signing day and I'll gladly eat crow if we do. But the current recruiting trends aren't going to put us in a position to win the ACC anytime soon when you look at how others in the conference are recruiting. Our class currently sits behind 8 ACC schools in the team rankings. I'm sick of the 7-5, 8-4 seasons and playing in the Pinstripe bowl against F'in Northwestern.

Sorry in advance for the rant.

Reactions: TD_6082 and bobfree
According to this site we were ranked 31 last year. The year before that? 70. This year? 44.

And yeah I've heard the statements, "Look how Narduzzi finished last year!" Well, it's not looking like we're finishing that way this year as all of our top targets are leaning elsewhere and Narduzzi is throwing out offers left and right in desperation mode. Not to mention our top commit is visiting Michigan soon. (Although due to his background and family situation I don't think it's possible for him to go anywhere besides PITT)

Say what you want but recruiting has been very "Chryst-like" and if we ever want to be better than 8-4 you have to recruit at a high level. Yes, we've been landing some key players in each class but we're leaving holes in key places that will come back to bite us - see the secondary this season.

Hopefully we close hard again come signing day and I'll gladly eat crow if we do. But the current recruiting trends aren't going to put us in a position to win the ACC anytime soon when you look at how others in the conference are recruiting. Our class currently sits behind 8 ACC schools in the team rankings. I'm sick of the 7-5, 8-4 seasons and playing in the Pinstripe bowl against F'in Northwestern.

Sorry in advance for the rant.

That 70 was only with less than a month of him recruiting. I don't know how you can count that.

And your expectations seem to be extremely high. It's not reality.

That 70 was only with less than a month of him recruiting. I don't know how you can count that.

And your expectations seem to be extremely high. It's not reality.

That wasn't my point. By pointing out that the '15 class finished at 70 shows that our roster lacks the serious talent that would eventually get us over the hump. One good class (is 31 even that good?) does nothing if it is surrounded by multiple lackluster classes. Are my expectations that unreal? There are 8 ACC teams ahead of us right now in the recruiting rankings. I understand the coach 'em up mentality but being that far behind in talent of 8 other teams is a huge disadvantage.

I don't think the expectation of winning our division is that unrealistic - has our fanbase conceded to 8-4?

Sorry, that's a losing recruiting strategy. There isn't enough talent in Western PA to do that anymore. Add that the loyalty from kids in Western PA isn't with Pitt, you need to adjust your recruiting base. I suggest Florida.

That wasn't my point. By pointing out that the '15 class finished at 70 shows that our roster lacks the serious talent that would eventually get us over the hump. One good class (is 31 even that good?) does nothing if it is surrounded by multiple lackluster classes. Are my expectations that unreal? There are 8 ACC teams ahead of us right now in the recruiting rankings. I understand the coach 'em up mentality but being that far behind in talent of 8 other teams is a huge disadvantage.

I don't think the expectation of winning our division is that unrealistic - has our fanbase conceded to 8-4?

Well, out of the 8 ahead, 4 of them are ranked at 36, 38, 39 40, so I don't think there is much difference at all with regard to those. It's not like 8 are in the top 20 and we are sitting at 40.

As for the fanbase conceding 8-4, I think we all want better. But it takes time to build up a program that just went through the turmoil of 4 coaches in like a span of 8 years. And on top of that, there aren't many fans that support this program at a consistent enough basis to pull in those top recruits, etc. They see the empty yellow seats and then look at some programs filling up 80K plus stadiums even at 8-4. We are at a disadvantage when it comes to that.

If you are expecting consistent 10 plus win seasons year after year and top 15 classes to be happy, then you are going to be waiting for a LONG time.

Sorry, that's a losing recruiting strategy. There isn't enough talent in Western PA to do that anymore. Add that the loyalty from kids in Western PA isn't with Pitt, you need to adjust your recruiting base. I suggest Florida.

Wade, Ford, Lugg, Adams, Jeter, Thorpe, Hinnish, Hainsey

^All elite level recruits and Narduzzi got 1 of the 8.

I'm pretty sure if you clean up in the 412 you'll have a pretty solid foundation for a recruiting class.

This is one of those a friend of a friend told my Dad thing but there is allegedly some buzz in Clairton that Boyd visited Wade over Thanksgiving and told him if he wants to get to the league, go to Pitt. Supposedly the rumor surfaced right after that Wade had made his decision.

Whatever. Take that with a few grains of salt though.

This is one of those a friend of a friend told my Dad thing but there is allegedly some buzz in Clairton that Boyd visited Wade over Thanksgiving and told him if he wants to get to the league, go to Pitt. Supposedly the rumor surfaced right after that Wade had made his decision.

Common sense posts, and this happens every year, dating back to Dorsett, to Fitz, to Shady, to Boyd, to Johnson, to Whitehead, to Hamlin and to name just a few?

I think piranha, souf and paco need to get together and go on pitt's campus and lecture the students about fan loyalty. Once that's done, then those 3 need to go door-to-door to every house in western pa, and lecture them about putting pitt football ahead of everything else.. this tired narrative on a board filled with passionate pitt fans is beyond tiresome..

go ahead guys, get at it, come down from your pedestal and get on the streets. Until you do this, your sanctimonious horse sh*t will be mocked by me every time you spew it from your mouth.
It is not that difficult to show up to 6-7 home games if you are able to get there and/or write a check to the athletic department if you are out of the area. The people who do not do either of these things, but complain are complete losers.

It is not that difficult to show up to 6-7 home games if you are able to get there and/or write a check for the athletic department if you are out of the area. The people who do not do either of these things, but complain are complete losers.
that's the message that needs communicated by your trio. start on campus then you go to th south hills, paco will handle the east, souf goes to cranberry and wexford. Disregard the west, parkway is a nightmare this time of year.. I blame Ikea's fantastic prices..

God speed in your quest piranha, us die hard pitt fans on this board wish you success

This totally makes sense, and hope its true. Boyd was the benefactor of making the decision to go to PITT and being showcased his 3 years of being at PITT. Whitehead, although injured, is also receiving the same attention for choosing PITT. We've heard from different PSU fans that Wade likely won't even start in his first year at PSU.

With early playing time being such a big factor in his decision, you have to believe with Webb and Mitchell graduating, getting a serious look in the secondary would be incredibly appealing to Wade. In addition, starting alongside Whitehead, Hamlin, and Ford also has to be appealing. What a dynamic group of secondary players, who also receive reps on offense, that would be.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT