ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Article Clark is ready to buy in at Pitt

Chris Peak

Lair Hall of Famer
Staff
Jun 19, 2004
Chris Clark knows what people think. And he understands.

After all, it's not hard to draw certain conclusions when looking at Clark's track record, with commitments to North Carolina and Michigan before enrolling at UCLA over the summer, where he left after one game this season.

Clark recognizes what kinds of conclusions people will draw, and he doesn't necessarily disagree. He even chuckles that he can use the phrase "Of all the schools I've committed to…" and not be factually inaccurate. Clark might be his own toughest critic, but as he gets set to transfer to Pitt, Clark is thinking that his latest decision just might be his best one.

"There's so much to say about it, and obviously so many people will think things about me, which is completely fine because of what happened in my recruitment," Clark told Panther-Lair.com. "But I don't know; I guess I was just a really indecisive kid, immature, and I made a lot of decisions in the heat of the moment. I didn't really think of the long-term things.

"Like picking UCLA; in the moment, it all seemed great and going out to California and having a chance to play for that staff, but I didn't think of the whole thing. Like going all the way across the country or how they don't have a tight ends coach; I didn't do a great job thinking the whole thing through.

"People think I'm a big ego kid and a prima donna, but that's not really the case at all. I just, I don't know, I just made a lot of decisions that I didn't think through. And it does stink, because my image is not what it should be. Because I'm not really what people think I am. I guess, going forward at Pitt, how I play on the field and how I conduct myself off it will show people that I was immature and I'm going to put it all behind me, hopefully."

Article: Clark is ready to buy in at Pitt

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News