ADVERTISEMENT

Coaches are being called out and it's about time

PittMiamiRivalry

Redshirt
Aug 30, 2017
Narduzzi should have known better than to call any player or group of players thugs. Yes, after pressure, he apologized. I do not think Narduzzi is a racist. He just shouldn't engage in free-wheeling speech that can be construed to have racist undertones.

Now Oklahoma State player Chubba Hubbard has come down hard on Mike Gundy for being photographed wearing a One America News Network T-shirt.

This network is so in the can for Trump it can hardly be called anything more than a propaganda tool. Trump is a racist. There's ample proof everywhere.

It's about time these million dollar coaches are called to task for loose speech and brazen politics that fly in the face of the beliefs of their African-American players who are in the majority on most major college rosters.

Narduzzi should have known better than to call any player or group of players thugs. Yes, after pressure, he apologized. I do not think Narduzzi is a racist. He just shouldn't engage in free-wheeling speech that can be construed to have racist undertones.

Now Oklahoma State player Chubba Hubbard has come down hard on Mike Gundy for being photographed wearing a One America News Network T-shirt.

This network is so in the can for Trump it can hardly be called anything more than a propaganda tool. Trump is a racist. There's ample proof everywhere.

It's about time these million dollar coaches are called to task for loose speech and brazen politics that fly in the face of the beliefs of their African-American players who are in the majority on most major college rosters.
Winner winner. You just won the award for idiot post of the month.

When you go to games at Heinz field, where exactly is your safe place? Do you have to reserve it or do they just designate a seating section?

Reactions: Celtsfan
apparently some people have never been in a lockerroom; on a sideline; or stepped on the field or court

Politics, politics, politics. These coaches have been doing things a certain way for years, now we find they can no longer say certain things. OK they will stop now that they know, or they will get fired because kids will no longer want to play for them.

Politics, politics, politics. These coaches have been doing things a certain way for years, now we find they can no longer say certain things. OK they will stop now that they know, or they will get fired because kids will no longer want to play for them.

I think coaches should only listen to "x" music, drive "x" vehicle, eat "x" food if not fired or apologize.

What players wear when they are out on their own in public, does that come under scrutiny?

What if a player wore a Che Guevara shirt? A CNN shirt? A Rage Against The Machine shirt with the little red Commie star? Is that now under the microscope?

Reactions: Farnox and BPKY
I fully agree with the OP. I am so happy to see these coaches being called out and held accountable for their actions.

The players are realizing their power and taking control. And that is a beautiful thing.

These coaches have become millionaires off the work of these players and many of these coaches show little respect to the players and their culture.

Dabo Swinney is another one with his "Football Matters" shirt and then trying to act all innocent when he was called out for wearing the shirt. Dabo likes to play coy and dumb with his "aw shucks" southern gimmick, but he fully knew what he was doing when he wore that shirt and how it may have been perceived.

Dabo Swinney is another one with his "Football Matters" shirt and then trying to act all innocent when he was called out for wearing the shirt. Dabo likes to play coy and dumb with his "aw shucks" southern gimmick, but he fully knew what he was doing when he wore that shirt and how it may have been perceived.

How about your opinion doesn't matter..

Reactions: BPKY
What players wear when they are out on their own in public, does that come under scrutiny?

What if a player wore a Che Guevara shirt? A CNN shirt? A Rage Against The Machine shirt with the little red Commie star? Is that now under the microscope?

I understand in our world right now it feels like we have to put everyone on trial for the littlest of things, but with your comparisons you are comparing a mountain to an anthill.

Black america is hurting and this guy is a coach and leader of a predominantly black football team. He wore a shirt of a network that dismisses BLM. It is the right of his team to feel upset and betrayed by their football coach.

Gundy also has the right to his own opinions, but he obliviously hasn't talked to his team about recent events, or any black person.

It is not hard to be sensitive right now, but you see with Brees and Gundy they have come out and apologized because they were stuck in their bubble and didn't reach out to listen to anyone actually presence in the movement.

Last edited:
Dabo also claimed that he'd find another line of work if college players started getting paid because they're already too entitled. This coming out of the mouth of a guy that makes $9million+ per year off their work and injuries. I don't know how that isn't the first thing out of every coaches' mouth recruiting against him.

Last edited:

The players are not one of the highest paid employees in the state. As a matter of fact, they're not paid at all.

So whether Gundy is on a fishing trip or not, whatever he wears will be under scrutiny.

Gundy said it himself below.....

come-after-me-im-a-man-im-40.jpg.12a4a0cc7503412bc1b990262d595241.jpg

I understand in our world right now it feels like we have to put everyone on trial for the littlest of things, but with your comparisons you are comparing a mountain to an anthill.

Black america is hurting and this guy is a coach and leader of a predominantly black football team. He wore a shirt of a network that dismisses BLM. It is the right of his team to feel upset and betrayed by their football coach.

Gundy also has the right to his own opinions, but he obliviously hasn't talked to his team about recent events, or any black person.

It is not hard to be sensitive right now, but you see with Brees and Gundy they have come out and apologized because they were stuck in their bubble and didn't reach out to listen to anyone actually present in the movement.

I have always been on the side of players.

But I don't think this is a good thing. A lot of people are hurting. A lot of black people have come out in opposition to Black Lives Matter and their tactics and some of the message.

I don't think you can make a blanket statement about anything today.

Again, is it then okay to question if a player wears a Che shirt? A Rage shirt with the Communist red star?

If you are allowed to question what I wear then I am allowed to question what you wear.

The players are not one of the highest paid employees in the state. As a matter of fact, they're not paid at all.

So whether Gundy is on a fishing trip or not, whatever he wears will be under scrutiny.

Gundy said it himself below.....

come-after-me-im-a-man-im-40.jpg.12a4a0cc7503412bc1b990262d595241.jpg

And you will not find me ever saying how awesome it is that the coaches are paid such amazing $$$s.

But again, if someone can question what I wear then I get to question what that person wears.

But I don't think this is a good thing. A lot of people are hurting. A lot of black people have come out in opposition to Black Lives Matter and their tactics and some of the message.

Again, is it then okay to question if a player wears a Che shirt? A Rage shirt with the Communist red star?

If you are allowed to question what I wear then I am allowed to question what you wear.

Of course you can question, but you just might not have any support from anyone else because it is small potatoes.

And you will not find me ever saying how awesome it is that the coaches are paid such amazing $$$s.

But again, if someone can question what I wear then I get to question what that person wears.
The players are told what to wear before and after games. This was part of the accusations against Narduzzi in which "thugs" were used for certain attire.

Players social media are monitored and conversations are held with them about certain posts. So, let's not act like players aren't already being scrutinized.

It's the coaches turn now to be scrutinized and held accountable for their actions, beliefs, and/or decisions.

Lol players are absolutely held accountable for their beliefs. What are you talking about? The NFL has admitted that it blacklisted Colin Kaepernick because of his beliefs. Some others (Malcolm Jenkins?) have said that they stopped expressing themselves out of fear for their jobs.

Again, as I and others have pointed out, Gundy can believe in whatever dumb crap he wants. It's a controversy because his chosen media outlet specifically attacks the BLM movement, a movement whose message has been endorsed by a lot of black athletes, those same black athletes that Gundy needs to be good at his job. It's a pretty easy chain of causation to see how publicly and repeatedly expressing support for OAN could cost Gundy credibility with people he really needs.

Lol players are absolutely held accountable for their beliefs. What are you talking about? The NFL has admitted that it blacklisted Colin Kaepernick because of his beliefs. Some others (Malcolm Jenkins?) have said that they stopped expressing themselves out of fear for their jobs.

Again, as I and others have pointed out, Gundy can believe in whatever dumb crap he wants. It's a controversy because his chosen media outlet specifically attacks the BLM movement, a movement whose message has been endorsed by a lot of black athletes, those same black athletes that Gundy needs to be good at his job. It's a pretty easy chain of causation to see how publicly and repeatedly expressing support for OAN could cost Gundy credibility with people he really needs.

You think Gundy cares about anything you or anyone here thinks..

You think Gundy cares about anything you or anyone here thinks..

No. Gundy cares or should care about what black players think because he needs those players to win. Maybe don't p*** them off by stupidly wearing a t-shirt for a company that survives solely by being on the front lines of the culture wars.

The word thug is not racist.

The end.

When Penn State rioted after Joe Pa was let go, when people wreck havoc after a sporting event, or after a Kenny Chesney concert, are they described as thugs?

What does a thug look like to you? I imagine not blonde hair and blue eyes.

I don't think every person that uses it is meaning to be racist, but if it offends others, I think we can all drop it from our vocab.

Reminds me when Ditka called someone a "polack" on TV. He grew up on the word, and didn't mean to offend anyone personally but he apologized for it. I am sure Ditka just didn't know it came off bad. Heck i didn't know. You just move on though and think twice next time.

Good grief cease, you're sharper than this. They are getting compensated with tuition, room and board.

He got heat on twitter, so i would say yes. If he wore that shirt and no one said anything, would be be having this discussion?

We should not be having a discussion.. that's the point it's his time.

The dude that resisted arrest for being drunk and ended up being on the wrong end of the law and his employer found out should he be fired... just throwing that out there for the ole double onesided standard.

Okay. I'll stop pointing out when you're wrong. LOL
Just for the heck of it....I'll play along and make it clear. They are not paid employees.

And whether they're "paid" or not is debatable.

I think it’s cute this is the hill you want to die on. But as I said before, at least you’re showing your true colors now.

Thug is a thug..
  • Al Capone. Alphonse Gabriel "Al" Capone (1899 – 1947) ...
  • John Dillinger. John Dillinger (1903-1934) ...
  • Bonnie and Clyde. Bonnie Elizabeth Parker (1910 – 1934) and Clyde Chestnut Barrow (1909 – 1934) ...
  • "Baby Face" Nelson. Lester Joseph Gillis 1908 – 1934) ...
  • "Pretty Boy" Floyd. Charles Arthur "Pretty Boy" Floyd (1904 – 1934)

Reactions: Farnox
Just for the heck of it....I'll play along and make it clear. They are not paid employees.

And whether they're "paid" or not is debatable.
They are compensated for playing a sport. Not everyone who receives compensation for services rendered is technically an employee. That compensation comes with conditions. Call it what you want. Their ability to make demands comes from how valuable their services are needed.

I'm not saying they have no basis for making demands. But they also have responsibilities to the University. It's a two way street.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT