ADVERTISEMENT

Article Confidence and talent have Pickett poised to lead Pitt

Chris Peak

Lair Hall of Famer
Staff
Jun 19, 2004
Fresh off a win in his first college start, Kenny Pickett almost seemed to be offended by the question.

“Kenny, I know you feel confident that you can go into any game and win, but were you even a little surprised, not only beating the number-two team but doing it pretty convincingly?”

That was the final question in Pickett’s post-game press conference on Friday, and it seemed innocuous, not to mention reasonable. After all, Pitt had just handed No. 2 Miami its first loss of the season, a 24-14 win that saw the Panthers effectively dominate the Hurricanes for four quarters with their freshman quarterback leading the way.

It was a surprising win for just about everyone who had followed Pitt, Miami or college football this season. But not for Pickett.

“No. Like I said, it’s not a surprise. You go into every game thinking you’re going to win. It doesn’t matter who you’re playing. Every time we walk out, we think we can win.

“It’s not a surprise when you win. It’s what you should have done. So no, I wasn’t surprised at all.”

https://pittsburgh.rivals.com/news/confidence-and-ability-have-pickett-poised-to-lead-pitt

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT