ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Want to start a rumor??

Chairman Moe

All Conference
Nov 4, 2003
Just around the corner from Paradise
So, where do rumors actually start?

While you're thinking about how to answer that question, how about this one to begin the week?

Kenny Pickett to the Minnesota Vikings for a few draft picks and/or maybe a draft pick AND Kirk Cousins?

After reading the 190+ comments on the "Do Pickett a favor" post from @Usuallyunusual-partdeux I started thinking where might Pickett land if indeed the Steelers were to "move on", despite his being a Steeler for just two seasons ... and Minnesota seems to make sense as he would

a) be re-united with Jordan Addison
b) Brian O'Neill would be his right tackle
c) the Vikings offense is more conducive to his style as QB
d) he would be away from all of the naysayers in Pittsburgh

But it's just a rumor ...

And a rumor from a random fan who occasionally posts on a college chat board, and who never stays at a Holiday Inn Express ...

In a somewhat serious vein, and after reading through a number of the replies to the "Do Pickett a favor" post, I am leaning toward giving Kenny a chance at developing with another NFL team. I am finally beginning to understand (after 50+ years of being both a Steelers and Pitt fan) why there haven't been any Pitt players who developed into an NFL star with the Steelers

Here is another rumor (probably a fact) ... after the Steelers 2024 playoff run, Coach Cliche will get another 5-10 year contract extension

Cousins is free agent. Minny cannot trade unless they tag him or sign him long term.

How about Friermuth, Najee, and two 1st rounders to Chicago for their #1 pick and draft either Caleb Williams or Drake Maye.

• Haha
Reactions: CJsE and FireballZ

While you're thinking about how to answer that question, how about this one to begin the week?

Kenny Pickett to the Minnesota Vikings for a few draft picks and/or maybe a draft pick AND Kirk Cousins?

After reading the 190+ comments on the "Do Pickett a favor" post from @Usuallyunusual-partdeux I started thinking where might Pickett land if indeed the Steelers were to "move on", despite his being a Steeler for just two seasons ... and Minnesota seems to make sense as he would

And a rumor from a random fan who occasionally posts on a college chat board, and who never stays at a Holiday Inn Express ...

In a somewhat serious vein, and after reading through a number of the replies to the "Do Pickett a favor" post, I am leaning toward giving Kenny a chance at developing with another NFL team. I am finally beginning to understand (after 50+ years of being both a Steelers and Pitt fan) why there haven't been any Pitt players who developed into an NFL star with the Steelers

Here is another rumor (probably a fact) ... after the Steelers 2024 playoff run, Coach Cliche will get another 5-10 year contract extension
lol, i love it. i mean Cousins is a FA so they cant trade him but for a few draft picks, for Kenny? Hell yeah..

of course now we got to get minnesota to agree, which they wont.

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
lol, i love it. i mean Cousins is a FA so they cant trade him but for a few draft picks, for Kenny? Hell yeah..

of course now we got to get minnesota to agree, which they wont.
I assume Cousins will be back but they only have $37 million in space and they need to sign Cousins and Jefferson, which will total at least $60 million per year.

Probably doable but if Cousins bails Kenny could be an option for them? I give it 5%.

Well done MO. I fixed it for you because I don’t think run describes it accurately.

Love the Coach Cliche
I was tempted to use the phrase "after the Steelers lose to Buffalo this Sunday, but look good in doing so ..."

Wish I could take credit for the term "Coach Cliche"

I will certainly root hard for a Steelers win on Sunday, and then Round 3 versus the Ratbirds

I will start the rumor that is truth. Pickett will be QB1 for Steelers next season.

If Mason does decent Saturday he will move onto another team in hopes he is QB2 or unlikely QB1.

Tru will be gone.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
Um be careful what you wish for. We thought a James Connor was washed out.

Cousins is like a top dozen quarterback in this league. Why wouldn't the draft picks exchanging hands in this hypothetical scenario be the other way around?

Reactions: Pitt79

Well CBS sports actually posted a rumor today that Tomlin might decide himself to move on.

Well CBS sports actually posted a rumor today that Tomlin might decide himself to move on.
I saw an article that suggested that Tomlin might pull a Sean Payton and take a year or two off, before coaching again. I don't think Tomlin would be a particularly great TV announcer, though. I think his hiatus would be more time spent with his family

Reactions: Pitt79
I saw an article that suggested that Tomlin might pull a Sean Payton and take a year or two off, before coaching again. I don't think Tomlin would be a particularly great TV announcer, though. I think his hiatus would be more time spent with his family
Sounds like the same article.

Reactions: Chairman Moe
Hot rumor with sources

Bill Cowher is coming back as HC

Source-“trust me bro”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT