ADVERTISEMENT

Congratulations Washington Capitals

Why wouldn’t you he was one of the biggest chokers in the history of choking.

But he got it done got the Big One so now he’s not.

Yeah I don't disagree.

But I never claimed what this nitwit is stating.

I said Ovechkin was a great offensive player, was one of the best goal scorers of all time but he did not play 2 ends of the ice. Never labeled him a choker.

Reactions: paulbl99
Yeah I don't disagree.

I said Ovechkin was a great offensive player, was one of the best goal scorers of all time but he did not play 2 ends of the ice. Never labeled him a choker.
I see your point now lol.
Good one

Yeah I don't disagree.

wait a minute you "don't disagree" but then you "never" claimed what i said LOL

you idiot yinzers were wrong about Ovi then, and now you have been proven wrong to the point you can't argue against him anymore

and then you guys call ovi the choker when his playoff numbers are better than crosby and malkin's in head to head competition LOL

you guys still upset your favorite "nice guy" fleury choked yet again in the playoffs? now that's a choker once again he gave his team no chance to win but i'm sure you'll argue it wasn't his fault, it's never his fault right even with his .870 save percentage or whatever embarrassing number it was

do you ever get tired of being wrong, yinzers?

wait a minute you "don't disagree" but then you "never" claimed what i said LOL

you idiot yinzers were wrong about Ovi then, and now you have been proven wrong to the point you can't argue against him anymore

and then you guys call ovi the choker when his playoff numbers are better than crosby and malkin's in head to head competition LOL

you guys still upset your favorite "nice guy" fleury choked yet again in the playoffs? now that's a choker once again he gave his team no chance to win but i'm sure you'll argue it wasn't his fault, it's never his fault right even with his .870 save percentage or whatever embarrassing number it was

do you ever get tired of being wrong, yinzers?

Nothing wrong on my end. You are flat out dumb and frankly I am dumber for continuing this debate with you.

Fleury has zero to do with this and if you followed any of my posts, I am certainly not a Fleury lover. The Penguins clearly made the right choice in keeping Murray and while I do think Fleury is a great person, great team guy, I think he is only a good goalie at best. Not terrible, not great, but basically slightly above average. But I also know Fleury stopped Ovie on a breakaway in Game 7 on the Pens way to another Cup.

Again, I never once called Ovechkin a choker. I said he was an offensive player who did not come close to playing two ends of the ice. I said he was one of if not the best goal scorer of all time. If that is calling him a choker because I also said he hasn't played a lick of defense then so be it. If someone wants to label him and the Capitals chokers prior to this season I am certainly not going to argue with them. You can continue to point to his offensive numbers but you continue to miss the point that there are two ends of the ice which is the primary debate here.

This year he actually did play on both ends of the ice and you see the results. To his credit, he raised his game on the one end that had been completing lacking and the results showed.

As for his playoff numbers being better head to head, they are slightly better in points but again that is easy to do when you are standing on the center ice line watching your teammates handle all the defensive duties and you wait for break out passes.

Career stats:
Crosby 1116 points in 864 games
Ovie 1122 points in 1003 games. A whopping 6 point lead in 139 more games. Almost 2 seasons worth of games in hand and he has a whopping 6 point lead.

Crosby- 3 Cups, one loss in finals, a couple losses in Eastern Finals
Ovie- 1 cup, previously never advancing past the 2nd round.

Just shut up moving forward. You sound dumb continuing to use the yinzer crutch when all the facts continue to smack you in the face.

I am done debating with you though so you can have the last word if you want.

Nothing wrong on my end. You are flat out dumb and frankly I am dumber for continuing this debate with you.

"i am dumb for continuing this debate" ...then proceed to type out a novel LOL

Fleury has zero to do with this and if you followed any of my posts, I am certainly not a Fleury lover. The Penguins clearly made the right choice in keeping Murray and while I do think Fleury is a great person, great team guy, I think he is only a good goalie at best. Not terrible, not great, but basically slightly above average. But I also know Fleury stopped Ovie on a breakaway in Game 7 on the Pens way to another Cup.

yeah after ovi scored 7 goals on him he had to stop him sooner or later right?

Again, I never once called Ovechkin a choker. I said he was an offensive player who did not come close to playing two ends of the ice. I said he was one of if not the best goal scorer of all time. If that is calling him a choker because I also said he hasn't played a lick of defense then so be it. If someone wants to label him and the Capitals chokers prior to this season I am certainly not going to argue with them. You can continue to point to his offensive numbers but you continue to miss the point that there are two ends of the ice which is the primary debate here.

when you are arguably the best scorer of all time you don't need to play defense and when you put the blame on him for his team not playing up to their potential yes you are pretty much calling him the choker

This year he actually did play on both ends of the ice and you see the results. To his credit, he raised his game on the one end that had been completing lacking and the results showed.

he didn't change much, his goalie actually played well for once in the playoffs

As for his playoff numbers being better head to head, they are slightly better in points but again that is easy to do when you are standing on the center ice line watching your teammates handle all the defensive duties and you wait for break out passes.

that's what people said about mario too, you want to cry about that again?

Career stats:
Crosby 1116 points in 864 games
Ovie 1122 points in 1003 games. A whopping 6 point lead in 139 more games. Almost 2 seasons worth of games in hand and he has a whopping 6 point lead.

Crosby- 3 Cups, one loss in finals, a couple losses in Eastern Finals
Ovie- 1 cup, previously never advancing past the 2nd round.

i never said ovi is better than crosby, i just point out the idiots that criticize ovi for his team not delivering the good like crosby's ha
s

Just shut up moving forward. You sound dumb continuing to use the yinzer crutch when all the facts continue to smack you in the face

why would i shut up? because my posts piss you off? that's your problem you whiny yinzer.

I am done debating with you though so you can have the last word if you want

no you're not LOL

I dunno. My "dumb yinzer" team has 5 cups in the last 27 years. I know the combined total of Capitals, Rangers and Flyers Cups in the last 50 years is less than that.

Ovie is one of the greatest goal scorers in NHL history and by far and away the best gol scorer of his generation and it’s not even close. He doesn’t need to play both ends of the ice. When you are elite at 1 end, you don’t need to produce on the other end. Many teams have a shutdown center or defenseman who can’t do jack on the offensive end.

Ovie is an all-time NHL great. His team/organization is an all time underachiever in the playoffs. They pulled it together for a season....good for them, he deserves it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT